Chapter 7

Mabeobsi School of Wizardry

The day after the first task had the school buzzing and looking forward to the next task. The champions had become celebrities of the sorts on the campus, some students (mainly first years) would ask for signatures or pictures. Fan clubs began to rise as well.

Most of the champions didn’t mind the attention, but Jongin wasn’t very fond of it. It started with one student asking for a signature, and soon enough a small groups of girls started trailing after him around the palace. Their hushed whispering and soft giggles became common, and very annoying.

One day the boys had just finished lunch, and were parting ways. Jongin and Sehun stayed back awhile to talk, apparently Soojung had been nicer and more accepting of his affections towards her. Kris stopped Sehun in the middle of the conversation to head off to quidditch practice.

They promised to meet up later, when Jongin notices Minseok walking towards the path that leads off campus and down to the lake. A flock of girls following him hurriedly. Baekhyun had headed back to the dorms, since Chanyeol and the others all headed off to their classes.

Jongin let out a sigh, walking to one of the many gardens the school had to study for an upcoming Charms quiz. Taking a seat on the edge of the fountain, Jongin pulled his book out and started reviewing. His studying was interrupted by a group of first years not too far off whispering.

Shutting his book, he stood leaving with a huff. The girls following behind.

Jongin spent a good forty-five minutes moving from place to place, trying to study in peace but was always being interrupted by the group of eyes and the voices of the fan club.

He was currently sitting on a bench in the breezeway when a voice came from behind him.

Turning around he met the face of a concerned Luhan. “Hey, are you ok?” he asked, taking a seat next to Jongin.

Running a hand through his hair, which he immediately regretted when he heard the group of girls squeal in delight. Luhan looked over and laughed.

“They’ve been following me everywhere.” He sighed. Luhan frowned. “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s not your fault.” Jongin chuckled.

“It’s just your dashing good looks and charm right?” Luhan smiled at him. He stood up, extending his hand out for Jongin. “Come on prince charming. Let’s get out of here.”

Jongin hesitantly took Luhan’s hand. “Where are we going?” he asked as Luhan pulled him in the opposite direction of the girls down the breezeway.

“Let’s see if we can lose them.” Luhan looked over his shoulder at him with a smile.

After a good ten minutes of jogging up and down several corridors, Jongin let out a frustrated sigh. “I might as well lock myself up in the boy’s bathroom or in my room.” He huffed.

Luhan frowned. “No, you’ll be able to study in peace! Come on, we’re not giving up.” He started off into a jog and then run, catching Jongin off guard causing him to stumble. They run through corridors, laughing when they slid as they turn at corners, nearly losing their footing and falling to the floor.

Stopping to catch their breath, they heard the faint sound of footsteps echo through the hall. “Don’t they have classes? They’re what? First years?” Jongin laughed lightly. “I’m pretty sure we’ve covered the entire school! There’s nowhere else to go,” Luhan whispered loudly, slumping against the wall in defeat.

The footsteps sounded closer now, Jongin cursed under his breath. Why him? Why did this have to happen? Was there anywhere he can study in peace?

The sound of stone moving against one another, caught their attention. Turning around they saw that the bricks were actually moving on the wall uncovering a door. The group of girls right around the corner. Jongin grabbed Luhan’s hand and pulled them through the door, slamming it shut once they were inside.

Jongin pressed his ear up against the door listening for the girls. He heard them hurry by, whispers of ‘Where did he go?’ ‘Did we lose him?’ disappeared down the hall.

He let out a sigh of relief, sliding down the door.

“This is amazing!” Luhan said happily. Jongin looked up to take in his surroundings. The room they entered was very different from the rest of the palace, looking more modern. Jongin felt like he’d been here before, only to realize that the room resembled his living room back home.

“I didn’t realize this school had a room of requirement,” Luhan said, as he walked around the room, running his hands over the couch in the center.

“What?” Jongin asked, standing up. Now that he could see the room better, it wahis living room from back home, minus the family photos and personal touches. There was no hallway leading to his parents’ bedroom, and no door to enter the kitchen. It looked like when Jongin and his family first moved into their current home, before settling down completely, having only moved in the bigger furniture.

“A room of requirement.” Luhan started, taking a seat on the couch. “It only presents itself when one is in need of it. Much like the Sword of Gryffindor.”

Jongin nodded, taking a seat next to Luhan. “It looks like home.” He continued looking around the room.

“Home?” Luhan asked aloud. “Maybe that’s what you thought of. Home is where you’re most comfortable, and those girls definitely wouldn’t be there.” He laughed, causing Jongin to smile.

“Well then.” Jongin grabbed his bag, pulling out his Charms book. “Now I can study.”

“And I will take a nap, all that running exhausted me.” Luhan smiled letting out a yawn. Laying down, he curled up on his side using Jongin’s thigh as a pillow. Jongin smiled down at him, as he leaned back against the couch. “Thanks Han.”

“No problem, Jongin,” Luhan mumbled sleepily.

 

“How was practice?” Junmyeon asked as he and Sehun walk down a corridor, coming back from the Quidditch pitch.

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Ok, I guess. Just the usual drills. Kris has made the practices less intense, since the likelyhood of us having a game this year is small.”

“Come with me. We can relax in the prefect bathroom.” Junmyeon smiled up at him, who nodded in reply. A silence came over them as they headed to the bathroom.

“Have you figured out what the next task is?” Junmyeon asked.

Sehun hummed. “Not yet.” He pulled out the pearl from his pants pocket. “This one’s trickier than the first.” Junmyeon nodded, watching the pearl go up and then back into Sehun’s hand.

“You have to figure it out sooner this time,” Junmyeon scolded as they came up to the Prefect bathroom. “Don’t procrastinate.” He looked sternly at Sehun before reciting the password and opening the door.

Sehun immediately began to strip as they walked into the large bathroom. Junmyeon rolled his eyes as the articles of clothing fly to different parts of the room. Walking towards the pool-sized tub, he waved his wand, turning on several of the bath taps that surrounded the pool.

Sehun sank into the tub, the water rising quickly. Junmyeon gathered the youngers clothes, folding them neatly before setting them on a bench. There was a clatter against the floor and the pearl rolled away from Junmyeon’s feet.

“Sehun!” he called out, catching his attention. Sehun looked up to see the pearl slip right from Junmyeon’s reach and into the tub.

“Damn it.” Junmyeon curses. “And you can’t use accio on it can you?” Sehun shook his head, causing another string of curses to come from Junmyeon.

“Don’t worry. It won’t go down the drain. I’ll find it,” he said before going under. Opening his eyes, he spotted the dark orb towards the center of the tub.

When Sehun came back Junmyeon had just sat down in the pool with him. “Did you find it?” he asked. Sehun nodded before swimming through the bubbles in the direction of the pearl.

Going under again, Sehun saw the orb in front of him, reaching out he grasped it in his hands and goes back up.

“Got it,” he said cheerfully to the other, who smiled happily. As he made his way back towards Junmyeon again, he noticed the pearls appearance. There was writing on it?

“Whoa, what’s this?” Sehun questioned aloud, sitting next to Junmyeon, he took a closer look at the pearl in his hand. On the pearl, there was a single sentence in white writing. He squinted. “I can’t read this, it’s fancy cursive.” He handded the orb over to Junmyeon.

Looking closely, Junmeyon recited. “Come where the stars float among the trees.”

“Is that it?” Sehun asked. 

Junmyeon looked over the pearl. “I don’t think so? That only sounds like – Oh! It disappeared!” Junmyeon said surprised, showing the now completely black pearl to the younger. They both stared down at the pearl in Junmyeon’s hand, another sentence appeared.

“Where creatures roam as they please.” Junmyeon read, and then the words disappeared again. The two waited patiently for the next sentence to appear.

“For they’ve taken something you’ll surely miss.”

“When you begin your search, remember this.”

“An hour for your quest.”

“To find the ones who rest.”

“What?” Sehun asked.

“It was another riddle, Sehun.” Junmyeon replied. Sehun let out a cry, as Junmyeon recited the riddle over and over.

The bubbles were almost gone when Junmyeon figureed it out. “I got it!” he said happily.

 

Entering the Great Hall, Kris stopped when he heard his name being called. Looking down the hall, Junmyeon and Sehun were jogging towards him with huge smiles plastered on their faces.

“Junmyeon figured out the pearl!” Sehun said excitedly, pulling Junmyeon in a side hug.

“Really? That’s amazing Junmyeon!” Kris smiled happily causing Junmyeon’s cheeks to go a shade darker.

“W-well,” he stammered out. “I haven’t figured out everything yet. Maybe just enough for you guys to prepare for what could happen,” Junmyeon said shyly, avoiding eye contact with Kris. Sehun smiled smugly, looking between him and Kris, before speaking up.

“I’m going to go tell Soojung, she’ll be so happy.” He squeezed Junmyeon’s shoulder. “I bet we’ve figured it out before Minseok has.” Sehun smiled as he headed into the Great Hall with a skip in his step, searching for the red head.

Kris smiled as he saw Sehun find her and the two of them jumped up excitedly having the task figured out so soon. Looking back to Junmyeon, he was smiling at the duo too. Clearing his throat, Kris began. “So, what is the second task?”

Junmyeon turned his smile towards him. “What I got from the riddle was that, the teams are going into the Celestial Forest to search for something that was stolen, by whatever lurks there,” he said proudly before his smile faltered. “But I don’t know what is going to be taken.” Junmyeon's brows furrowed in frustration.

Kris placed a large hand on Junmyeon’s shoulders. “Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out.” He reassured. “Eventually.” Kris gave him a gummy smile. “Thank you Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon blushed and smiled back. “N-no problem.”

Kris turned to enter the Great Hall again, but was stopped by Junmyeon grabbing his arm. “Hey, um.” Kris looked back at him. “I was wondering if you could help me with something?” he asked.

Kris turned around completely to face him. “Sure. What is it?”

Junmyeon smiled, tugging Kris away from the entrance and down the hall. Stopping, he turned around. “So Yixing’s birthday is tomorrow. He probably thinks we forgot.”

“He’s probably forgotten too.” Kris chuckled lightly causing the other to hide a smile behind his hand.

“I wanted to throw a surprise party for him.” Junmyeon smiled. “We’re some of his closest friends and it’s our last year. I just want to do something special.” Kris nodded smiling at Junmyeon’s kindness.

“We can get Luhan in on it too.” Kris nodded. 

Junmyeon's smile grew wider. “Perfect.”

They headed back towards the Great Hall. “Let’s grab Han after dinner and the three of us can talk it out,” Kris said as they waled through the giant doors.

“Ok. See you after dinner then?” Junmyeon said as he headed toward the Bulsajo table.

Kris could feel his ears turning red as he tried to keep his blush under control. “Y-yeah. See you later.”

With one last smile from Junmyeon, they headed off towards their assigned tables.

 

 

After dinner, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat in the light of the fireplace on the couch in the Haetae common room. Baekhyun had his notebook and Charms textbook out to study for the upcoming quiz, leaning into his boyfriend’s side, with one of Chanyeol’s hands running through his hair as he read over his notes. In Chanyeol’s other hand he had the pearl, rolling it back and forth in his palm, thinking.

“How the hell can this pearl have a clue to the next task?” Chanyeol grumbled as he examined the pearl.

Baekhyun released a sigh, still looking over a paragraph in his textbook. “Yeol, it’s supposed to be a challenge. The first clue wasn’t very easy for you guys, they’ll just keep getting harder as the games go on.”

Chanyeol grumbled some more, before Baekhyun set his books down on the table. Turning his full attention to his boyfriend, he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist and placed his chin on his shoulder.

“You’ll figure it out.” Baekhyun smiled up at him. Placing a hand on his boyfriend’s cheek, Baekhyun left a chaste kiss on Chanyeol’s plump lips. “I know you can,” Baekhyun whispered after they pulled apart.

“Hey, Chanyeol, Baekhyun.” The couple turned to see Seulgi walking through the door into the common room, a towel in her hands as she dried her hair.

“Hey Seul,” they said in unison as she took a seat on the opposite end of the couch, she smiled at them. “Have you figured out the pearl?” she asked, even though she already knew the answer.

Chanyeol shook his head. “No, not yet.” He frowned slightly.

“You guys can figure it out. You just have to focus.” Baekhyun spoke up, moving back to his original position of leaning into Chanyeol’s tall frame, playing with the taller’s hand that was resting on his stomach. Seulgi nodded, her eyes filled with determination.

“Can I see the pearl?” she asked, Chanyeol nodded handing it to Baekhyun who reached out to hand it to her. Now Chanyeol happily wrapped both arms around Baekhyun and pulled him closer, causing a light laugh to come out of his boyfriend.

As Seulgi looked over the pearl, the door to the common room swung open and then was slammed shut by an angry Jongin.

“Hey Jongin, what’s –

“Sehun has the pearl figured out!”

“What!” his two teammates exclaimed, all students sitting on the couch looked at Jongin in shock.

“Yes,” Jongin growled. “I overheard Sehun telling Soojung. I don’t even think the Bulsajo team has it figured out yet.” Jongin huffed as he threw himself in one of the chairs closer to the fireplace.

Seulgi turned her attention back to the pearl, glaring at the black orb in between her index finger and thumb. She let out a gasp when she saw writing disappear.

“G-guys!” Seulgi jumped, motioning quickly for the boys to come to here. “Th-there was something on the pearl!”

“What?” The three looked at her in surprise, before quickly scrambling towards her spot on the couch. Jongin jumped out his chair and took a seat on the arm of the couch leaning over Seulgi to see the pearl, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol crawled over squishing themselves into Seulgi’s side.

“I don’t see anything,” Baekhyun whispered.

“No, I know I saw somet-There!” she exclaimed, pointing to the pearl. The four students leaned in closer examining the sphere.

“For they’ve taken something you’ll surely miss.” Seulgi and Baekhyun read out loud.

“That doesn’t make any sense?” Chanyeol leaned back, thinking about the phrase.

“It disappeared again,” Jongin said, as Baekhyun moved to grab his notebook and a pencil, scribbling down what was written on the pearl.

“Look another sentence,” Seulgi said, and the three leaned back in around her.

“When you begin your search, remember this.” She read as Baekhyun wrote it down. They waited again for the sentence to disappear and another to reappear, until they had recovered parts of a riddle.

As Seulgi and the couple go over what they’ve recovered, Jongin spoke up. “Wait.” The other three looked up at him. “How did this happen? What triggered it?” Their brows all furrowed downward in thought.

Baekhyun looked back at the pearl in between Seulgi’s hand, it was shining more brightly than when it was in Chanyeol’s hand. It was glistening, as if it were wet. Baekhyun felt something wet on his shoulder, looking down he saw Seulgi’s still damp hair soaking through his shirt.

He continued looking back and forth between Seulgi’s almost dried hair to the pearl. Setting down his notebook, he reached up and squeezed the tips of Seulgi’s hair. Baekhyun reached for the pearl with wet fingers, another sentence appeared.

“What did you do?” Seulgi asked.

“It’s triggered by water.” He smiled excitedly and he goes back to his notebook.

“Water?” Jongin asked.

“Yes, droplets from Seulgi’s hair must’ve landed on the pearl or her fingers were still wet from drying her hair.” Baekhyun suggested, as another sentence appears. Chanyeol smiled brightly at his boyfriend as he finished writing his sentence.

“That’s awesome Baekhyun!” Jongin exclaimed, jumping from his spot, bouncing lightly in his spot. “This is great! We’ve got the clue.” He jumped up and down happily in excitement.

The first sentence they read reappeared, handing the pearl to Jongin, Seulgi looked over Baekhyun’s notebook.

“You’re perfect Baek.” Chanyeol smiled as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, leaving kisses on his face and down his neck causing the other to giggle. Baekhyun turned his head towards Chanyeol and kissed him on the lips. “I know,” he chirpped happily.

The four read over the riddle. “Something’s going to be taken from us?” Jongin said aloud.

“I wonder what?” Seulgi questioned, rereading the riddle.

“Something you’ll surely miss,” Baekhyun mumbled, causing Chanyeol’s grip to tighten around the smaller’s waist. “The riddle says we’ll be looking for the ones who rest,” Chanyeol said. “Do you think that mean it’s going to be a person?” Baekhyun asked looking at Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, don’t worry it’s not going to be me.” Baekhyun reassureed his boyfriend when he squeezed him again.

We don’t know that though,” Seulgi said causing the couple to turn their attention to her now.

“Even if it is Baekhyun, he’ll be ok. I think what we really need to worry about is getting through the Celestial Forest,” Jongin said to his team, who nodded in agreement.

“You're right,” Chanyeol said. “If we don’t survive through the forest, then we can’t save Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “We aren’t completely positive it’s going to be me.” He laughed.

“But it’s great motivation for Chanyeol, and we care about you too Baek,” Jongin said, Seulgi nodded at his words. 

Seulgi rose from her spot on the couch. “Great job team!” She cheered looking them. “We can work out what we’re dealing with in the forest tomorrow. Let’s get to bed.” She smiled. The boys nod as they all said their ‘good nights’.

Jongin and Seulgi go their separate ways toward their rooms, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol in the common room. Baekhyun collected his text and note books, while Chanyeol put the fire out.

“Chanyeol, now I can’t see.” Baekhyun laughed, clutching his books close to his chest as he dug for his wand. He heard Chanyeol mumble before a light appeared before him. Baekhyun reacheed for his boyfriend’s hand, intertwining his slender fingers between much larger and rough ones. The couple walked hand and hand to their room, Jongin already sound asleep under his covers.

Baekhyun set his books on his nightstand, Chanyeol still holding his hand. “Yeol, let go. Let’s go to bed.” He smiled, tugging his hand out of his boyfriend’s grip.

In the light Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol’s expression. “Hey, I’ll be fine.” Baekhyun smiled up at him, taking his face into his hands.

Chanyeol placed one of his hands over Baekhyun’s. “I’m just worried. You saw what the first task was. What if you get hurt?” He looked down at Baekhyun, eyes filled with worry and fear.

Smiling up at his boyfriend, Baekhyun stood tiptoes to leave a kiss on his lips. “How did I end up with such a sweetheart for a boyfriend?” he whispered against his lips, causing Chanyeol to smile shyly. “Will you sleep with me tonight?” he asked.

Baekhyun laughed lightly as Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his waist and maneuvered them backwards towards his bed. They crawl under the covers, Chanyeol pulling Baekhyun close to leave a trail of kisses down his neck, causing him to giggle. A sigh left Baekhyun’s lips after Chanyeol left a mark in the space between his neck and shoulder.

Tugging at Chanyeol’s hair, Baekhyun pulled his boyfriend up for a heated kiss. Chanyeol’s hands roamed underneath his shirt.

“Guys go to sleep.” They heard Jongin grumble before they could go any further. Chanyeol laughed, pulling a blushing Baekhyun in his arms closer, whispering sweet words in his boyfriend’s ear. The feeling of Chanyeol’s lips at his ear caused Baekhyun to laugh. They heard another grumble and, “Go to sleep.” Jongin growled.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed quietly, before they got comfortable, falling asleep in each other’s arms.

 


 

So much baekyeol, don't worry more kailu is on the way!! 

Sorry for not updating yesterday it started to storm really bad here and it was messing with my internet so I couldn't update like I wanted to. So here is chapter 7!! I know I said in the story feed that there was a big update coming soon, sadly it is not with this update. I really wanted to post chapter 8 today along with chapter 7 but 8 still needs a few scenes edited and needs to be proofread. I have been working on chapter 9 and chapter 10, 9 is being edited along with 8 as of right now and the two should be posted together sometime either by the end of this week or early next week so that will be the big update!!! Also I will be using the story feed to keep you guys updated so keep an eye out!

And wow 103 subscribers! Thank you guys so much~