Chapter 1

Mabeobsi School of Wizardry

Immediately after getting onto the platform, Luhan spotted Kris in all his six foot glory, who was departing ways with his mother. Raising his hand to wave, Luhan caught the taller boy’s attention.

“Kris!”

“’Sup, Luhan,” Kris said as he strolled up to the other. Luhan tackled Kris into a hug when he was close enough. Kris could only smile as he hugged Luhan back.

“Have you seen the others?” Kris asked as the they let go of each other and grabbed their luggage.

“Yeah, I saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol getting on the train. I think Jongdae was with them too. What about you?” Luhan answered as they made their way onto the train.

“Well, Tao and I came in the station together then he left to go find Sehun.” Kris replied making his way down the cart looking for an empty cabin.

Finally coming across one, the two made themselves comfortable. Kris was putting up the last of their luggage when the door to the cabin slid open. In the doorway, stood a familiar round face.

“Minseok!” Luhan almost knocked the over over in his attempt to hug him.

“Nice to see you too, Luhan.” Minseok laughed and returned the hug. The tallest of the three greeted Minseok and helped him put his luggage up above his seat.

“Thanks,” Minseok said, placing his smaller bag next to Luhan as he sat down. Luhan watched the commotion outside the window, students saying goodbye to their parents or students running down the platform. The three made themselves comfortable when the conductor’s voice came over the speakers, announcing the last call for boarding. After a few minutes, a female voice filled the train station warning bystanders to stay clear of the red line as the train was to begin moving soon. They heard the swoosh of the doors closing and the train lurched forward.

When the train was just a few a miles out from the station, there was a noise outside of the cabin before the door opened.

“Yixing!” Luhan stood and gave his friend a hug.

“Hey guys!” Yixing beamed giving them a big smile.

The cabin was soon filled with the boys’ lively chatter as they spoke about how they had spent their summers: Kris had gone back to his hometown, Guangzhou, before heading out to Canada to hang out with some friends, Luhan went home to his parents in Beijing, Yixing spent his summer working in his mother’s flower shop in Changsha, and Minseok busied himself with helping his parents in their café back in Guri.

“Oh, I almost forgot,” Minseok mumbled beginning to dig through his bag in between him and Luhan, the latter peeking into the bag, but getting his face shoved away.

“Ah, here they are!” He exclaimed as he pulled out a small box.

Luhan gasped. “Are those your mother’s baozi?”

Minseok grinned as he opened the box to reveal a dozen dumplings inside. Luhan immediately grabbed a couple of the delicious dumplings before stuffing one in his mouth. Minseok handed the box over to Kris and Yixing, letting them have some before Luhan devoured them all.

“Did you guys see the others?” Luhan asked around a mouth full of dumpling, as he shoved in another. Minseok shook his head in disgust before popping a dumpling his mouth

“No, I was peeling my parents off my sister so she could get on the train.” Minseok replied after swallowing his food.

“Mm yeah, while I was looking for a cabin, I found Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Kyungsoo together. Oh, and I ran into Jongin and Junmyeon.” Yixing answered, smiling when he noticed Kris perk up at the mention of a certain Head boy.

“You saw Junmyeon?”

“Yeah, he was helping Jongin find Sehun and Tao,” Yixing said, finishing the last of his dumpling.

Kris and Junmyeon had been friends ever since their first year at Mabeobsi. Kris has had feelings for the other since their third year, but as Luhan and Jongdae say, he doesn’t have the balls to confess. Kris was hoping he’d finally get the courage to tell the other before the year was over.

“Hey Luhan, have you and Jongin hit it off yet?” Yixing asked turning to the boy across from him, who choked on the dumpling he was currently inhaling. Minseok patted his back while Kris just smirked.

They were the only ones who knew about Luhan’s infatuation with Jongin. Ever since they met the two had been inseparable, both loved football; although Luhan was a Manchester fanatic and Jongin was more of a Chelsea fan, that little thought was put aside when they found out they liked the same Quidditch team.

“No, we’re just friends,” Luhan muttered, praying that his face wasn’t giving him away.

The rest of the train ride was spent with the boys teasing Luhan about Jongin, every now and then they would drag in Kris’ infatuation. The teasing stopped once the school came into view in the distance, Minseok suggesting they begin changing into their school clothes. The other three agreed as they all grabbed for their robes and began to change. Luhan finished with putting his cloak on, Kris and Minseok following shortly. Yixing having difficulty with his tie until Kris stood to help him.

The sun began to set behind the school, illuminating the large palace. The four couldn’t help but break out into grins, the excitement bubbling up.

“We did it guys,” Luhan said softly. “We finally made it to our seventh year.” The others nodded still looking out the window towards the school. They had reached their final year, soon they’d be heading out into the real world.

 

Once off the train, the four made their way down the platform towards the carriages that would take them to the school. Chanyeol and Baekhyun found them first saying that Kyungsoo and Jongdae went to go find Junmyeon and the rest of their gang. Baekhyun immediately latched onto Luhan, much to Chanyeol’s dismay, and started rambling about his summer and how excited he was for the school year.

The two continued talking until Luhan was pulled back into a body, a pair of arms wrapping around him and spinning him off the ground. Luhan continued to laugh even after his feet were firmly on the ground, grabbing at the arms that were still wrapped around his torso.

“Hey Jongin.” He smiled, turning around to face the other.

“Hey.” Jongin grinned.

The two caught up in their own little world, didn’t feel the eyes watching them,

“Ahem, did you guys forget that we’re here?”

The voice made the two pull their eyes away from each other to see a smirking Jongdae.

“Are you two done here?” He motioned between them.

Luhan could feel his face heating up as he moved away from Jongin and towards the carriage with Minseok, who was giving him a knowing smile.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were already in the carriage when Luhan and Minseok reached it, Yixing and Jongdae right behind them. Kris and Junmyeon followed next with the taller lending the other a hand, helping him into the carriage. Kyungsoo informed them that he and the other three were going to catch one of the other carriages and meet up at the castle.

 

Once off the carriage, the first group waited for the rest of their gang before making their way up the steps and into the school.

“Is there something going on between you and Luhan?” Sehun asked, giving a quick side glance at his friend. The two trailing behind the others.

“No, why?” Jongin replied giving him a curious look.

Shaking his head, Sehun sighed.

“What?” Jongin complained, shoving at Sehun, who just laughed dumbly.

Sehun caught sight of a familiar face sporting long, flaming, red hair up ahead. He stepped away from Jongin and jogged up to her, back hugging the unsuspecting girl.

“Honey~” Sehun cooed releasing a dreamy sigh as he rubbed his cheek against Soojung’s, making Jongin roll his eyes at his friend.

“What do you want stupid.” Soojung gave him an annoyed glare pinching the inside of Sehun’s elbow, but to no avail. The idiot's grip didn’t loosen at all.

He ignored her squirming and continued. “Did you miss me? I missed you~”

“Not one bit.” Soojung sneered, ripping herself from Sehun’s grip, shoving at him before running off to her group of friends.

“She totally wants me.” Sehun smirked at her as she started talking with her friends (she was most likely complaining to them about him, Sehun could tell by her facial expressions. She was so cute mad.), the confidence practically radiating off him.

“Yeah, sure she does.” Jongin could only roll his eyes again.

Reaching the Great Hall, the two spilt ways with Sehun going over to the Mireu table, finding Soojung again, completely showering her with affection, while the red head controlled herself from beating him to a pulp. Jongin sat down at the Haetae table with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the latter had an arm wrapped around the shorter and was trying to whisper something into his ear, but Baekhyun was lightly pushing him away laughing at the feeling of Chanyeol’s mouth against his ear.

“You two are disgusting,” Jongin said gagging at the two lovers across from him. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had always been close, nobody was surprised by the end of their first year they became an item.

“Oh, stop it, you’re just jealous.” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at him, Chanyeol letting out a laugh before starting to eat. Jongin just shook his head and began eating as well.

After everyone had eaten ‘til they couldn’t eat anymore, the food disappeared and the Headmaster came up to speak.

“Welcome, students to another year at Mabeobsi!” He greeted.

“Now that we’re all happy and full, I have an announcement to make, before you are all dismissed.” There was a wave of curious mumbling coming from the students. The Headmaster raised a hand, silence settling over the Great Hall.

“Once every eight years Mabeobsi holds a series of games and this year I am happy to announce that we will be holding the Mabeobsi House Games!” A low rumble from the students began as the Headmaster continued. “In the House Games, a team of three students from each house will be chosen and will have to complete four tasks.”

Another teacher came in with a small box, setting it on a pedestal in front of the Headmaster.

“These teams will have the chance to win the grand prize.” He motioned his hand towards the box that disappeared to reveal a crown. Jongin noticed that it wasn’t your typical gold crown. “The Jade Crown.”

The students’ mumbling became a roar. A few of the boys have heard of the games from their older siblings who attended before them, Chanyeol and Junmyeon’s older siblings had participated in the games.

Again the Headmaster raised his hand and the hall fell silent once more.

“Those who wish to enter the games will need to write their names on a piece of parchment and place it in this cup.” He gestured to a large basin behind him.

“One more thing, for safety reasons this year’s games contestants below their sixth year will not be allowed to put their names in for the games.”

The Great Hall fell into chaos as the fourth and fifth year students hollered and booed, protesting at the decision made.

“Silence!” Everyone went quiet. The Headmaster nodded at the audience before going on,

“Anyone who wishes to enter must do it before this hour next Thursday. Do not do it without thinking twice, if your name is pulled–there is no backing out.”

Jongin looked over at Chanyeol to find him giving him a knowing look. He could only grin at the other.

"Good luck!" 

 


 

Well there's the first chapter!!!! I hope you like it and look forward to the second chapter! Please subscribe and upvote! If you have any questions or anything, you can ask me on my tumblr or ask.fm