Literally Five Minutes

Dear Princess

Here is part 2/2! I hope you enjoy. Please forgive me for the mistakes I did not catch.

 

 

Two weeks, it had been two weeks since the last time the Kim family saw their little feisty princess. She refused to leave her room or interact with anyone including her most favorited brother Kibum.

 

The first four days she didn’t eat a thing. After threats of breaking her door down by the courteous Jonghyun, she started accepting the meals left outside her door. Each day her family grew more and more concerned and even asked Jinki to come and fix it. Naeri’s words had a greater impact on him than he realized at the time. He felt like a complete . He couldn’t function in his life. During rehearsals he forgot the lines. At work he kept burning himself on the stove, it wasn’t healthy. Despite Jinki’s pleas for Naeri to open the door so that he could apologize for...bringing Luna he supposed, she wouldn’t budge.

 

And that ladies and gentlemen brings us back to the beginning.


 

“Naeri-ah~.”

 

“Go away!”

 

“Don’t be that way.”

 

“I said go away. I hate you!” With a sigh, the defeated man left the door of the young princess’ room and made his way downstairs.


 

“Hmph!” She crossed her little legs with a pout on her face. “Don’t think I’ll forgive you so easily this time oppa!” That jerk thinks he can just show up and I'll forgive him just like that, ha! He has another thing coming.

 

She picked herself off the floor and sat at her desk. With a sigh, she opened up her pink mac and signed onto her Facebook. During this whole ordeal, she refused to go to school. Not that it really mattered. Her family was one of their biggest investors, so it's not like she could get in trouble. She searched through her messages, friends asking where she had gone and if she'll be back. She only replied to a few of the messages before logging off. While walking over to her bed, there was another knock on the door.

 

"Whoever it is, go away."

 

"Come on sis, let me in." It was Kibum. Strange, she thought. He shouldn't have another break for awhile, so why is he here now? Reluctantly, she approached her door letting him in hearing a "that's not fair" from Jonghyun in the distance. After locking her door once again, she sat on her bed and Kibum joined her.

 

"Well, what do you want?"

 

"I wanted to see how you are doing. You won't answer my calls anymore, you had me worried."

 

"I-I just needed some time to myself. Besides, this whole ordeal is embarrassing enough. I can't believe I shed tears in front of that ."

 

"Hey, stop that. She's not a . Luna is actually very sweet. A little over enthusiastic, yes, but sweet. You know, you've really hurt Jinki." Naeri fell backwards onto her bed and brought her pillow to her face.

 

"Tough , he hurt me too."

 

"Do you know how ridiculous you're even being? Jinki is twenty-one years old. He has his own place and works two jobs, yet somehow he finds a way to be in the top three of his class all while teaching you how to sing and play piano for free. You are a fourteen year old girl who has barely hit puberty and just started high school. Let's add this all up."

 

"Don't! I already know the answer which is why I'm so upset." A tear left her eye, but she covered it with the pillow.

 

"Love hurts, I know. I'll even let you in on a little secret."

 

"What?"

 

"That guy I used to have a crush on and made me end up in tears, it was Jinki." Naeri lifted herself from her bed, throwing her pillow across the room.

 

"Lies!"

 

"Nope." Naeri could only stare at her brother in shock. "Jinki was the first person I came out to. He accepted me and made me feel comfortable. Over time I started having feelings for him so I confessed. Unfortunately, he isn't into guys and I was pretty upset over it. That's why I stopped hanging around you guys while he came over, well, until I found Minho."

 

"Heol~."

 

"Look, my point in all this is yes, it . Jinki is a total heartbreaker, but you'll find someone else, hopefully your own age."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Positive. My little sister is a beauty. You are a Kim afterall."

 

"Thank you."

 

"No problem. Now that all of that is out the way, you are coming downstairs tonight. I'm finally coming out to Mom and Dad and I need you there." As much as she wanted to be there for her brother, she didn't want to face Jinki.

 

"Jinki...he's going to be there, isn't he."

 

"Yep."

 

"You are lucky I love you."

 

"Here, read this. I think you'll change your mind a little afterwards. This is from your dear Jinki." She snatched the paper from her brother and ordered him to leave her room, which he did. Once he was gone she locked her door again and pounced onto her bed ready to read the letter.

 

Dear Princess,

I'm sorry to have hurt you by bringing Luna with me. That was never my intention.

I always thought that what you had was a simple crush, not full blown love, so for that I am sorry.

I can't love you how you want, but you still mean a lot to me. I've cared for you

so much over the last six years and I would hate to lose you because of

this. You still hold a special place in my heart and I hope I still

hold one in yours. I hope you'll forgive me and start music again. Jonghyun

says you haven't played in awhile. Stay strong Naeri, I do love you ^^.

Jinki

"That lovable jerk." For the next few hours, Naeri sat on her bed re-reading the letter over and over again. Before she knew it, it was time for dinner. She could tell Jinki had arrived, she could hear her mother's cooing from here. She always loved Jinki.

 

Not wanting to fancy herself up like last time, she kept her jean shorts on and only put on a new t-shirt. It was a simple fitted black t shirt that read 'music is a universal language'. Jonghyun had bought it for her birthday that year. She made the decision to keep her black thigh highs on and put on her black converse. She knew her family would be shocked, but she didn't like wearing pink all the time.

 

With a deep breath, Naeri opened her door and turned to walk down the stairs. Without looking up, she ran into a solid figure nearly knocking her down. She felt a grip on her waist and her movement stopped. Once she believed she was stable enough, she looked up into the eyes of someone she had never seen before. He looked like Jinki, but he wasn't.

 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to find the bathroom. Jinki hyung told me it was up here and I-"

 

"You talk a lot." The boy was caught off guard, but smiled nonetheless.

 

"I hear that a lot. My name is Taemin, Lee Taemin. You must be Naeri."

 

"Yes...how did you...?" She couldn't even finish the thought.

 

"Jinki is my cousin. My family recently moved to Seoul, so I've been hanging with him lately. I don't really know anyone my age yet. He told me he was coming here, so I joined him, that's alright isn't it?" His smile. It bothered Naeri in a good way. She could feel her cheeks warming up, but couldn't figure out why.

 

"It's a little late for that, is it not?"

 

"I suppose."

 

"How old are you Taemin?"

 

"I just turned fifteen." He's a oppa. Thank you lord. Naeri unconsciously brought her hand to her hair and gently flicked it back.

 

"So...you're an oppa."

 

"I should have known a pretty girl like you was younger." Naeri brought her hand to her face to hide her blush. She used her other to point out the direction of the bathroom.

 

"T-the bathroom is that way, take a left." Without another word, she made a run for the stairs and into the dining area. Jinki was first to notice her.

 

"Naeri ah, it's good to see you again. I hope you forg-"

 

"How could you bring a cute boy here and not let me know?" Jinki was puzzled.

 

"What?"

 

"I would have at least put on some make up! Even a dress. Does he have a girlfriend? What school is he going to? Why didn't you tell me you had a cousin that looks that cute?" Jinki and the rest of her family were at a loss. The girl who had locked herself away for two weeks because of a guy, had moved on in literally five minutes. Before anyone could say a thing, Taemin made his way into the dining area and took a seat in between Jinki and Jonghyun. Naeri slowly approached her brother and forced him to move by slapping him against the head swiftly.

 

"What the hell?"

 

"Jonghyun, language!" His mother boomed. With a glare, he moved seats and sat next to Minho while his sister took her seat next to Taemin.

 

 

 

The dinner went by smoothly. Taemin and Naeri chatted the whole night while Jinki and Kibum looked upon them every now and again lovingly. Kibum finally came out to his parents. His mother was thrilled, father not so much, but still accepted his son nonetheless. The only reason being "I have Jonghyun to produce an heir." There it was determined an adult conversation and Taemin and Naeri were asked to leave the table. They did so happily. Naeri showed Taemin to the pool, where they sat with their legs in the water, happily conversing.

 

"Wow, you've been dancing for that long?"

 

"Yep, and I'm proud of it."

 

"You should show me sometime!"

 

"There's a lot I want to show you." Naeri blushed at his words. She playfully slapped his shoulder and turned away from him. "You know, I'm glad I came here tonight. I would have missed out on something great." Naeri turned back to face Taemin only to be met with a peck on the lips.

 

"W-Want to date?" She aksed.

 

"I'd love to."

 

"Wah~ I'm hurt Naeri. You've moved on from me so fast and with my cousin no less." Both teens jumped at the unexpected interruption and separated themselves from each other.

 

"Oppa! It's not like that, okay well yeah it is, but I think we both know it wasn't going to work out between us and-" Before she could finish, Jinki busted into laughter making the younger girl blush even more. He approached the young teens and kneeled before Naeri. He placed a kiss on her forehead and then glared at his cousin.

 

"Don't hurt her Taemin. I won't be so nice if you do." Taemin rolled his eyes at his hyung's words but nodded in agreement.

 

"Hah! You're one to talk." Naeri spoke. Jinki looked back to Naeri with his puppy dog expression.

 

"I said I was sorry." Naeri pulled Jinki into a quick hug before pushing him away.

 

"You're forgiven, now go. You're ruining my date."

 

"Yes princess." She watched Jinki walk away and into the house. Without another word, Naeri took her seat next to Taemin and leaned her head on his shoulder.

 

"From now on, I'll be the only one calling you princess, got it?" She giggled.

 

"Yes, oppa."

 

 

For the first time in her life, Kim Naeri found someone to love her as much as she loved them. He was a bit more outspoken than Jinki, but that was okay. She was happy and that was all she ever wanted to be.

 

 

Scene!

 

Here you go! I thought about adding their relationship throughout high school and their early years of college, but I'll leave it up to your minds. I hope you guys enjoyed this story, I know I did!

 

Thank you lovelies that commented :)

 

Have a nice day!

 

Locket-BlingerMVP13 OUT