The Perfectionist

The Perfectionist

The Perfectionist

 

Summary: Jaejoong is a perfectionist when it comes to music, especially when he lacks the attention of a certain someone. And who suffers? The not so happy YooSu couple of course! 

 

"No, start again!" 

 

A groan sounded from across the glass, but did not disturb the determined beauty sitting in front of the mixers. 

 

It is well into evening, the sun setting a brilliant shade of warming orange upon the blue and purple sky. People rushed out from tall buildings to get home, traffic at its peak hour of the day. However, none of these bothered the three idols currently stuck in this spacious recording studio, and had been so since the early hours of the morning. 

 

Junsu would admit he is a perfectionist in music, but he is incomparable to the focused rock singer, especially when he's holding frustrations from his private, social, namely, love life. From the message the YooSu couple had received yesterday morning from their beloved magnae, they knew today would be torturous. 

 

HoMin are currently on the other side of the planet, in Italy for their upcoming photo book. Time difference and busy schedules on both, mostly Yunho's side caused inability to video call/call, and heavy delay in replying messages. It has been like this for the whole week and is meant to continue for another few days. 

 

The small lines between Jaejoong's eyebrows seems to be carved, and the unhappy frown on his red cherry lips permanent. And so the two had prepared everything they could think of beforehand to brighten the strict musical army general. 

 

A small Hello Kitty sat atop the mixer in front of the glass that connects to the recording room, elephant blanket on the chair, a bask of dark chocolate, a bottle of Sprite, a mug of Americano coffee, and a box of extra spice kimchi (for snack?) all on the table. They even stuck pictures of JiJi and Yoyo on the walls, and wore black! But nothing helped. The rock singer was sulky due to his lover and that won over everything else. 

 

"No, again! The last word needs to be said even softer! Cotton candy soft!" Junsu stared at the frame of his hyung and felt too sorry for Yoochun, and withheld to become his own musical perfectionist self. This 10 seconds of rap is taking over an hour! And the requirements are turning absurd. Cotton candy soft. Rap. Really?

 

The dolphin sat on the sofa at the back side of the room, eyes on Yoochun behind the glass. His best friend had eyes of a vampire, barely containing his burst of frustration. The actor adjusted the reversed-wore grey cap that covered his dark curls, and pulled up the sleeves of his black shirt. His legs were spreading wider apart, a sign of irritation, but the rapper nevertheless did his part again. 

 

"Soft, soft..." Jaejoong mumbled, his hand spread in front of the singer, swaying up and down in motion of 'cotton-candy soft'. 

 

The music played... Yoochun ed his lips, flared his nostrils, widened his eyes, and raised his eyebrows in emphasis as he softly dragged the last word out, hands meeting and pulling an imaginary thread in front of his body. 

 

Junsu bit harshly onto the bottom of his lip, but as soon as Jaejoong shouted "Perfect!" and stopped the recording, the dolphin hollered in laughter and rolled onto his back.  He kicked his legs up and pressed his hands to his stomach, oxygen being denied from his endless "Eu kyang kyang kyang~~"

 

A slap landed sharply on his as a grumbly voice snapped. "Stop laughing stupid duck-! It's your turn!" 

 

"Eu kyang kyang... Wait... My stomach..." The dolphin sat up with much needed effort and glanced at Yoochun. "Eu kyang kyang kyang!! I can't!! Your face!! Eu kyang kyang~~!"

 

The actor's face twitched. 

 

Next thing Junsu knew, he was yanked up and thrown into the recording room roughly, knees hitting onto the side of the chair. "Oww!!"

 

Yoochun snorted. "Serves you right!" 

 

With that, the actor his heels, legs wobbly from numbness and a very screaming need to pee. "Toilet." 

 

The eldest motioned 'okay' with his hand and turned to focus on the recording, face calm as if he did not see the bickering between the two younger. 

 

~

 

Happily unloaded, Yoochun opened the door to the recording room and felt his tummy roar in protest. 

 

A familiar melodious voice filled the room, and he sees his soulmate concentrated as ever, white fingers on the mixer, one ear covered by a black headphone. 

 

The snacks on the table at the start of the day were long gone by now, depleted gradually by the exhausted YooSu couple. Well, time to call take out for dinner!

 

The recording paused for adjustments and Yoochun called out to his other two members. "I'm going to call for take out! What you guys want to eat?"

 

"Chinese! I want traditional fried rice and roasted pork!" Junsu ordered from behind the window. Yoochun nodded and wrote it down in his mind. 

 

"Jaejoong-hyung?" The eldest was focused on the computer, perfecting the music mix. He did not reply, so his soulmate urged again. "Jaejoong-hyung!"

 

The eldest irritatedly pointed a finger to somewhere behind Yoochun, and his soulmate's eyes followed the finger to the metal plate on the wall.

 

'Please be Quiet. Do Not Disturb.'

 

"......."

 

"Sour chicken and fried fish it is...." The actor mumbled to himself while he dialed the number of the restaurant. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

By the time it was Jaejoong's time to record, the Junsu slumped onto the couch next to Yoochun, two boxes of food untouched on the table in front. The actor had finished eating long ago but Jaejoong did not let him go until his part was done. 

 

"Food?" Exhausted, Junsu glanced at Yoochun and nodded, opening his mouth in signal for the other to feed him. He exercises regularly, body fit, and recording does not need the use of much movements, but why does he feel sooooo tired? 

 

Both of them couldn't care less about the recording now. Jaejoong would be his perfectionist self to his own recording anyway. 

 

Yoochun sympathetically held up Junsu's box of fried rice with roasted pork layered on top, and scooped some up for the younger. "Ah~"

 

Sweating and obedient, the dolphin cutely opens his mouth, "ah~"

 

"Sorry, can I do that again?" Jaejoong's command in the cover of a question sounded and the staff in front of the mixer nodded his head. The fifth time for that verse. 

 

"Chunnie..." Junsu tiredly turned to the actor after gulping down a mouthful. "When do you think we can go home?" Yoochun fed the younger and shrugged, "Not until midnight probably." The couple sighed heavily together. 

 

Ireun gyeoul chan barame

Eoreo buteun nae maeumi

geudaereul mannage

doen huro byeonhaesseo......

 

November with Love!

Yunho's theme song!

 

YooSu snapped their heads up to see the oldest picking up his phone and cheerfully hold it against his ear. Their eyes widened in excitement as a wide joy filled grin bloom on Jaejoong's face. Their hyung never looked prettier. 

 

"Yes! Yunho-hyung!" Junsu rose both his arms into the air in bansai pose gleefully. Yoochun nodded happily and then pouted, "why can't he call much earlier? Preferably this morning and we wouldn't have to suffer..." 

 

Junsu patted the actor's back comfortingly, "At least he called! We still have recording tomorrow and that would go by nice and swiftly!" 

 

Yoochun's phone on the table buzzed and the music of Heaven's Day drifted melodiously. "Whats up Minnie!" The actor answered light heartedly. 

 

"Hey Chunnie-hyung! Did Yunho-hyung make it in time?" 

 

"No!" The couple bursted out simultaneously and caused the magnae to laugh. 

 

"Sad, sad! I could see how the day went for you two!" Changmin's laughter were like needles picking at the last of their nerves, Junsu exploded. "If you knew then you should've asked Yunho-hyung to call earlier! You know how many times I repeated the last verse?! Twenty! Twentieeeeee!!" 

 

The duck's extended squeal only add to the youngest's amusement and it wasn't until a while later that Changmin was able to speak again. “Well, sorry that we two did not return to the hotel till 2am last night, and then we had recording since 10am! We had to sneak out after our lunch time just to call you guys!" 

 

Yoochun pouted sulkily, "At least tomorrow would be more pleasant..." Junsu nodded frantically in agreement. 

 

Changmin coughed, "I doubt that. I think Yunho-hyung was planning to apologize and tell Jaejoong-hyung that he won't be able to call or text him for the next three days, because we would be going to a place that won't have any reception." 

 

The couple dumbfoundedly widened their eyes in shock. "Yoochun-hyung? Junsu-hyung? Ui! Stupid hyungs!" The magnae's scream snapped the two out of their daze. Together in motion, YooSu glanced over to the chirping oldest. Jaejoong was smiling and laughing, radiating, rejoicing. 

 

A flashback of the day had the two shout out to the magnae, "Stop him! Stop Yunho-hyung!" 

 

Changmin chuckled with evilness, "Call me hyung." 

 

"Shim Changmin!" Yoochun growled nervously. Junsu on the other hand, immediately clasped his hands together and squeaked in english. "Changmin-hyung! Please! Help!" 

 

"Fine fine since you begged so nicely." VoldeMin sounded extremely in need of a good beating from his hyungs. 

 

They could hear their adorable magnae turn away from the phone and called out for the leader, YooSu turned to look at the rock singer who's still sat on the other side of the glass. Hopefully, Yunho hasn't told Jaejoong yet, please!

 

Under their wishful gaze, Jaejoong's face suddenly fell and a sulking pout formed on cherry lips; their hearts dropped a thousand miles deep. 

 

Oh, hell no.