17: Clash

Heartsigh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17: CLASH

“You came?” Jin said not quite believing it as Seulgi walked up to the convenient store they had decided to meet at, before they went to find the blood bath location.  Jin had dressed in his black hoodie and jeans, all ready to go scoop the location.

“I still don’t think we should go,” Seulgi reasoned.  “What if the VPA find us there?  What are you going to do then?”

Jin reached out and pinched Seulgi’s cheek, to which Seulgi returned Jin a sour look.  Seulgi had changed out from her white dress from earlier and slipped on a sweater and skinny jeans.  She just knew there might be some running involved in this little espionage of theirs.

“You’re cute when you’re being a worry wart.  The agency are not going to find us,” Jin replied lightly as he continued to idly look through the newspaper he was holding.

Before long, V and Namjoon also arrived and the gang ended off downtown.  According to Jin, the place they were spying on was close by so they were going to walk there.  As they walked down the streets, V started sniffing around Seulgi and asked curiously, “Did you drink some sort of new blood?  You smell so sickeningly sweet.”

Namjoon only looked on knowingly at Seulgi but Jin gave V the answer anyway.  “She’s been hanging out with a human.  Of course she smells good.”

“Oh, is it the guy that we saw last time at the café?” V enquired immediately, looking towards Seulgi for an answer.

“I was working on our history project with Jungkook this afternoon,” Seulgi replied, trying to think about all the other crazy things that had happened. 

“You should be careful.  He’s a special type.  I think he has the type of blood that is more susceptible to luring in more vampires.  It seems a lot stronger for some reason,” Namjoon told Seulgi.  He wasn’t scolding her or anything and Seulgi appreciated his insight.  He was like a big brother, even though Jin was the oldest one.

“We should have a name for our gang!  It’s so good to have so many of us now,” V said excitedly, already forgoing the previous topic.  “How bout the Vigilantes?”

Namjoon just shook his head but Jin put his arm about V and said, “That’s a good idea.  But do you have to start everything with the letter “V”?”

“Its like inception Jin.  Like you think that I’m using the letter V to give the clue that I’m a vampire but then you think no one would be stupid enough to do it, so no one thinks that you could possibly be a vampire.”

Jin rolled his eyes and then announced to them all, “We’re arrived.”

Jin had led them to the start of a dingy looking alleyway off the main street of a very dodgy looking part of town.  Because it was an alley and thus the back of many shop fronts, it was lined up with dump bins all along and the smell, in short was more than unpleasant.  Seulgi swore she could smell a dead animal coming from one of the bins.  The lighting was minimal but for the gang of vampires, that wasn’t an issue.

“Should we be going straight on into this alley?  Like shouldn’t we be more discreet?”  Seulgi asked Jin who seemed ready to walk down the dark alley with no plan in mind.

“Seulgi’s right, Jin.  I think we should move to across the street.  Then we can see how many vampires actually come down here.  If we stand here, we kind of stand out,” Namjoon said, looking at Jin with a ‘come-on-let’s-not-do-anything-stupid’ expression.

“Yes let’s do that,” Jin answered with a sigh, knowing that Seulgi and Namjoon were right.  They walked away from the start of the alley and moved across

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter