Is He The One?

Is He The One?

“It’s the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen!”

“Yah, how did you guys come up with something like that?”

“Jimin looks surprisingly pretty dressed up as a girl”

You didn’t know the parody video would spread quickly in school but you were satisfied with the response. You, V and Jimin had made a parody of a music video where the 3 of you were seen dancing wildly and doing silly stuffs. The video have already garnered 3000 views overnight!

“Yah, we’re famous!” V excitedly claimed when you guys were walking down the hallway to the cafeteria for lunch.

“I can’t believe people would actually watch the video” you blinked in disbelief.

“We’re awesome, that’s why” Jimin smirked, casually placing an arm around your neck.

That was when you noticed Jin striding towards you and your friends from the opposite direction. From the look on his face, anyone could tell that he is angry about something. Or perhaps, about someone.. You then realised that he was glaring right at you.

“______, we need to talk” Jin’s eyes were glued to yours.

“About what?” you folded your arms irritably. This is the first time you and Jin had talked in school. Even Jimin and V were surprised a senior is talking to you.

“We need to talk privately” he insisted. You could sense the intensity of his anger in his voice but you didn’t move an inch from in between Jimin and V, who were exchanging glances with each other.

Knowing how stubborn you are, Jin grabbed your wrist and started trudging down the hallway, dragging you behind. You were stunned by his actions. He had never been this forceful to you before. Your heart started pounding really fast when he pulled you to one of the lockers at the end of the hallway. Your back hurt a little when it hit the metal lockers but you held it in.

“What were you thinking when you made that stupid video?” Jin hissed, looking frustrated like never before.

“It’s just for fun. Gosh, can you calm down and not make such a big fuss?” you rolled your eyes.

“You’re the one making a big fuss!” he suddenly burst out.

A few students stared your way but soon walked away, whispering to one another.

“You don’t have any feelings, do you? Did you think of the consequences when you make that video? Dancing ally with those boys!” his breaths sounded heavy.

You were stunned by his outburst. Words couldn’t come out of your mouth, you could only look at him nervously.

“Not only did you hurt your parent’s feelings, you hurt mine too” he softened at the last part. He heaved a silent sigh and his body posture became relaxed.

“We’re engaged for a month now and look where we are. We don’t even talk to each other often. I know we’re forced to be together, but can you at least spare a thought about me? Like it or not, I’m still your fiancé” his eyes were filled with sadness this time.

You honestly didn’t think about all that and now you know that you should have. But its all too late now. Your schoolmates might think it’s funny but others might see you as a childish teenager, making fun of music videos and all. You thought about how Jin must have felt when he saw his fiancé behaving inappropriately with another guy. He cared about you but you didn’t even try to open up to him. You never once thought that this arranged relationship could have been fate between you and Jin.

“I-I thought it would be fun to make a video like that… I have no intention to hurt anyone’s feelings” you hung your head low in embarrassment.

“_____-ah, I know you don’t have the intention. All I want is for you to think before you act. I don’t want you to have any regrets later on” he voiced out his worry.

Just when you were about to speak, a gentle voice was heard calling Jin’s name. Both you and Jin turned to the direction.

“Are you… okay? What’s going on?” Sohee raised a questioning brow.

You knew who she was but you had never talked to her before. You had seen Jin talking to her in school but you would just walk away, pretending not to care.

“Sohee, what are you doing here?” Jin questioned awkwardly, surprised by her sudden appearance.

“Oh I actually wanted to ask you if you want to watch The Phantom of Opera musical with me tomorrow since I have an extra ticket” she anticipated Jin’s answer. Jin scratched his head.

“Sorry Sohee but I’m uh.. busy tomorrow. You should try asking Namjoon. He likes musicals as well”Jin politely rejected.

Sohee looked disappointed but managed a smile before walking away.

“Can’t she see we’re talking? She can ask later right? Sheesh”you muttered, annoyed by her presence. Jin chuckled.

“Are you jealous?” he gave a sly grin, scrutinising his eyes on you.

You felt heat rushing up to your cheeks.

“N-no I’m not. You’re the jealous one” you turned the subject to him.

“Of course im jealous. You’re my fiancé, how could I not be” he stated, jealousy filled the atmosphere. Your heart skipped a beat.

You didn’t expect his reply but it was fluttering to hear that from him. You knew right then that it was the start of something new for the both of you.

“Yah.. don’t be jealous.. I’m sorry, can you forgive me? I was really scared when you got mad just now…”you trailed off, hoping that Jin would accept your apology.

“I promise I will not do anything foolish again” you added with pleading eyes.

“I forgive you, silly. I just want you to notice me as your fiancé. That’s all” he spoke softly.

“O-okay…” you stuttered.

“You have not eaten lunch right? Break time will end soon. Hurry and eat” he pointed to the direction of the cafeteria and waited for you to go.

“You… don’t want to eat? I can introduce you to my friends. They’re actually nice” you offered awkwardly.

Jin looked surprise for a while but then broke into a beam.

“Yeah, sure” he gave a brief nod and the both of you headed to the cafeteria.

“Oppa, what is your favourite food?” you asked a random question to get to know him better.

“Spicy noodles. Why? You going to cook for me?” he teased.

“Me? Cook? I can only cook instant noodles” you shrugged the thought of you cooking. Jin laughed.

“It’s okay, ______-ah. Instant noodles is food too” he comforted you with his grin.

You replied with a soft smile. You began to think of how patient Jin must have been whenever you gave him a ty attitude. Feeling guilty, you slipped your hand in his and squeezed it gently. Jin looked at your intertwined hands quizzically.

“Thanks for being patient with me all this while” you softened. Jin’s lips curved into a wide smile.

“I’ll do anything for my future wife” he ruffled your hair playfully.

You cringed at those words but you were glad to have such a caring and kind soon-to-be husband. This realisation made you more ready to commit fully into this relationship. You began to accept Jin as your other half and you are sure that Jin is the one for you.