The Cowboy meets the City boy (Prologue)

Take me Away, Cowboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin's Birschmarck Ranch~

The golden rays of the sun lay peacefully over the green meadow of the countryside that morning. Kim Jongin flicks his eyes; the brightness of the day peaks through the window and casts an illumination across his face. It reflects several objects from his spacious oak-framed room; from the photos hanging on the wooden wall to the empty shelves near the window to the timber floor that is well-furnished. Jongin slowly extends his arms and stretches his body. The woolen blanket with multi-colored yarns is then put aside as he jumps out of the bed. He drags his feet to the veranda extending from his room. As he opens the door, the vast land he owns sets light to his eyes as he surveys it. The raw and refreshing scent of nature overwhelms his senses. This forms a content smile on his face.

It's six sharp. Jongin carries a pair of boots and a hat as he walks out of his little haven. In the porch, he quickly wears them while humming a lively song. A number of farmers pass by his house, carrying sacks of vegetation seeds. "Good morning, son!" greets a middle-aged man who is a worker in the farm for almost fifteen years; way before Jongin inherited the land from his father. Jongin calls him uncle and considers him his second parent. "Good morning, uncle Jung Hoon."

Other workers turn to Jongin and greet him as well. Not long, the latter joins them to have an early morning inspection of the land and the poultry. He also has to check his beloved horse named "Rancho" in the barn. 

"How are the crops, Uncle?" asks Jongin while they journey to the field. The old man gave him a thumbs-up, "Rest assured, we'll get more this year."

"If that happens then we deserve to have a celebration. You all work hard," Jongin declares, making the women extremely excited to prepare dishes for everyone and have a good time. The other men buzz about the drinking nights they look forward to. "Not only us. You also went an extra mile to maintain the ranch and I am starting now to get worried about your heart, son," the old man states while poking his chest. "Found anyone yet?"

Jongin shakes his head and laughs. 

"Oh boy. Are you planning to live alone for the rest of your life?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter