Hopeless

Hopeless

The canteen of Kira High was packed with students when the recess bell rang. A guy with beautiful lips munching his lunch while waiting for his friend.

“I think I’m becoming the bad guy here,” he almost choked on his food when a statement came out of the blue.

“If I die because of choking on food, then you’re damn right! You ARE the bad guy!”

“Yoochun-ah, stop acting like a drama queen,” the lad rolled his eyes and took a spoonful of his lunch.

“Hey! Go and buy on your own. This is mine,”

“You sound like Changmin. Can’t we share? I don’t feel like wanna eat that much,”

“Why? Did you just get dumped?” a heavy sighed replied to his question.

“Don’t even have one to get dumped,”

“Hey... what is it?”

“I think I should change my room. Shall we be roommates?”

“Had a fight with your roommate?”

“Not really. It’s just that.. yesterday...” Yoochun quirked his eyebrows; encouraged his friend to continue his words. “Yesterday... when I went back to my room, I saw them.”

“Who?”

“Yunho and Junsu,”

“And?”

“They were hugging,”

“So? What’s the matter, Jaejoong-ah?”

“Are you kidding me?!”

“If I hug you now, does it means we’re something?”

“This and that are two different things!!” Yoochun just rolled his eyes.

“And you’re calling me a drama queen?” he snickered.

Jaejoong sighed. He regretted telling this matter to him but he knew Yoochun has a point there. It was just a mere hugging but the green-eyed monster in him got a little bit better than his conscience. They are two best buddies that keep no secret from each other. Therefore, Yoochun could guess pretty easily that his best friend like his roommate more than a friend. Plus, he knows Jaejoong like the back of his hand.

“Look... you know that Changmin is their close friend, right? Trust me, there’s nothing between them.”

“Changmin told you that?” Jaejoong puffed in annoyance.

The bell rang indicated the end of their break. Yoochun bid him goodbye and assured him not to worry about it. Jaejoong unwillingly walked to his class as he knows he will meet the persons that he wanted to avoid the most. When the lesson started, he could feel two pairs of eyes watching his movement. He tried his best to focus on the lesson which he barely succeeded.

When the last class ended for that day, Jaejoong quickly packed his bag and tried not to be obvious (which is failed) dashed out of the class. That night, he went to Yoochun’s room as he promised him to help with his English homework. Without they realized the night grew deeper and he decided to spend the night there as tomorrow is weekend.


*****

Two weeks had passed and Jaejoong managed to avoid Yunho and Junsu because everyone was too busy studying for their final exam. Most of them were hibernating in the library - being the “typical” students. He needs a break from dating those books so he went to his room only to find it was empty. He went straight to his bed without bothering to remove his jacket, bag and socks. It did not take that long for him to enter in his dreamland.

Yunho went back to his room after calling it a night studying with Changmin and Junsu. He inserted his key only to realize that the door was unlocked. Is Jaejoong back? He went into the dark room (it’s night, duh!) and the light. He found the person that he was longing to see for the past few weeks; sleeping peacefully on the bed.

“You must be tired,” he whispered while tiptoeing closer to the man to took off his things. He was pulling the blanket up to his chest when Jaejoong’s eyes flattered opened.

“Sorry... did I woke you up?” the latter shook his head adorably like a kitten.

“You just got back?” and Yunho nodded. “Had dinner yet?”

“Not yet. You?” he shook his head again.

“Let’s just have some ramen,”

Yunho was busy cooking ramen for them when his phone on the table screaming for attention.

“Hello,” “Now?” “OK,” he grunted before went to rummage his bag and took out a blue book.

“The ramen is ready. You eat first, ok? I’ve to return this book to Junsu,” he was about to leave when he felt a tugged on his shirt.

“Let’s eat first,”

“I need to return this to Junsu or he’ll be in trouble later,”

“Can’t it wait?”

“He wants it now,” he stated. Yunho noticed Jaejoong’s faces harden. Yunho put away the book and sat on the bed; facing him. “Did you fought with Junsu?”

“No,”

“Then?” and Jaejoong’s silence made him frustrated. “Look... both of you are precious to me. I don’t know what is his or our mistake. I believe that Junsu is just as clueless as I am. Did we do something wrong?”

“No,”

“I don’t get it. What is it? ” Jaejoong looked out at the window.

“The thing is... I’m the problem here. Not you... Not Junsu,” he chuckled ridiculously. 

“I hate it when people get too close to you! I hate it when Junsu got your attention! He’s lovely and I’m aware of it but I couldn’t help but feel extremely irritated when you two... urghh!” hiding his face behind his palms; trying his best to calm his boiling blood.

Yunho was practically gawking at him when the knocking on the door interrupted them. He was hesitated at first but eventually got up and opened the door; revealing Junsu’s not-so-amused face.

“I was waiting for my book, you know?” he barged in and found the thing he was looking for. 

“Oh?? Jaejoong-hyeong is here! No wonder...” Junsu squinted his tadpole-like eyes accusingly at Yunho. “Why did you hide your face? Did Yunho-hyeong strip in front of you?”

“Junsu! I guess Changmin’s habit rubbed you off, huh? Mind your own business! I don’t think Changmin is pleased if you stay any longer,” he pushed him out of the room. “And neither am I,” he continued before slamming the door right onto Junsu’s face before he could retort back.

“Sorry for the interruption. Where were we just now?”

“Nothing... Ah! I think I left something in Yoochun’s room. Gonna get it,” he almost succeed fleeing out from the room when a warm hand grabbed his wrist; halted his movement.

“Running away? Not so fast,” he pulled Jaejoong’s chin; tried to make an eye contact with him. “So, you’re trying to have my attention? By avoiding me these past few weeks?”

“It’s not like that,”

“Then?”

“I need some time,”

“For?”

“I need to put the monster to asleep,” 

“What monster?” Yunho frowned as he did not really understand what he was saying. Jaejoong was complementing to sputter the truth. He bit his lips; debating with his inner-self.

You just have to make me spell it out loud, don’t ya?

“So are you gonna explain to me or we’re just gonna have a let’s-gazing-at-each-other battle all night long?”

“It’s because I love you, damn it!” he finally confessed; looking everywhere but not Yunho’s eyes. They were stood rooted to the ground as no one made an attempt to move which only cause the deafening silence - that was slowly killing him inside. 

“Took you long enough,” and with that he hugged the raven. His response baffled the latter.

“You know?”

“It’s a little bit hard not to. Even the blind could tell,”

Am I that obvious? And he could hear a faint duh somewhere.

“And I love you too,” his doe eyes widened; not expecting for him to return his love. Yunho draw closer and their lips almost touch when Jaejoong suddenly stopped as something crossing his mind.

“But you and Junsu - “ he could not finish his sentence as Yunho laughed at the mention of their names.

“Jaejoongie, I’m happy to know that you’re jealous when somebody is with me. But let me tell you something. Junsu and I... we’re just friends. Nothing more,”

“But I saw you two were hugging!” Yunho was quiet as he tried to recall the said event.

“Oh...~ that. He was just thanking me for helping him. Though at the end all I got was a warning plus with a death-piercing-gaze from that certain someone,” he smiled before started to close the gap of their lips.

“What do you mean?” came a question stopping Yunho again.

“If Junsu and I really have something, Changmin would’ve killed me!”

“Why?”

“Dont you know that they’re couple?”

“They’re what?” his eyes widened for the second time that night.

“Look... you know that Changmin is their close friend, right? Trust me, there’s nothing between them.”

“Ah~ that’s why Yoochun said so,”

“So, Joongie... can we kiss now or we’re just gonna have Q&A session for tonight?” Jaejoong burst into laughter.

“You idiot,” their lips finally locked with each other. They were too immersed in their own world when a growling sound came uninvited.

“I guess my stomach need some attention too,” Jaejoong smiled sheepishly.

“Hurm... but I think the ramen is already bloated by now,”

“Hopeless,” Jaejoong snorted.

“We both are,”

-End-


 

짠! So here is my story just like what i've promised.. i posted it today~ huhuhuh...

hope you guys enjoy the story though it's not that great.. but i think it's bearable.. kekekekekke!

comments are welcome but do it mannerly ok? ^^

Thank u ^^

 

anyway...  생일 축하해욤~ 유천이~~~ may God bless youuu~~ <3