Introducing The 'Real' Anonymous

How Yugyeom Found Life At Detention

 

  

 

 

Curse words ahead. 


 

 

"Hey, Gyeom, I need to say something to Mark but my phone's dead. Can I borrow yours?"

 

Yugyeom fished the device from his uniform pants, lit it up, and felt heavier when he saw that Anonymous has yet to reply to his last message.

 

Which was two days ago.

 

It had been a week since the legendary phone call.

 

"Here." He offered to Jackson, who was again sitting in front of him. In the detention. The difference at that moment was that Kunpimook was sitting beside the older, arms crossed on the table and his head resting on it, fast asleep. Yugyeom was fine with the brat's presence as long as he was dead to the world. He was even tempted to mimic it. Kunpimook looked so serene in his slumber.

 

Yugyeom found him cute that way.

 

His thoughts drifted to his and Kunpimook's relationship, also translated as how they treat each other like trash. When did everything started?

 

First day of class. I needed a pencil and he threw one at me.

 

Yugyeom could recall how evasive Kunpimook's eyes were. He was really shy so Yugyeom just let the pencil incident pass-- it was not when the hating started.

 

It was when they first met.

 

But at the middle of their freshman year, Kunpimook began changing. The way he carried his uniform, himself, and lastly, his hair which he dyed blond.

 

Kunpimook began flirting around as well.

 

That was when Yugyeom loathed Kunpimook's attitude.

 

Couldn't he just remain as that simple boy he once was?  Maybe they could have been friends then.

 

At the revolting though, he stared out of the window as a comfortable silence stretched in the room.

 

"Thanks, man." Jackson spoke, breaking the muteness as he slid the phone to Yugyeom's direction with a mischievous smirk. The younger was about to question when Kunpimook stirred and, still disoriented, read something on his phone. It must have been something surprising because his eyes doubled in size. Yugyeom couldn't care less about it though as he continued gazing at the window.

 

Completely missing it when Kunpimook glanced at him fondly.

 

 

 

 

 

im sorry 4 the past week, i was just thnking about sumthin. ㅠㅠ

 

Yugyeom felt like the sun just rose at 7pm when his phone buzzed to Anonymous' text. With a mega-watt smile, he tapped his reply.

 

its okay, i understand :)

 

He sent a followup message.

 

btw, y did u called nd what do u mean by what u said?

 

He inquired, since it was bothering him from the start. He tried to decipher it by himself but it was useless. He can't think of any valid explanation.

 

uhhh, that?

yeah...

actually........

...what?

i.....

,..you???

uhmmmm....

 

The suspense was killing Yugyeom. Why was Anonymous stalling?

 

JUST FCKING TELL ME

 

He answered back and flushed a bit, but he was unable to take it anymore.

 

easy, lion... ok, this is it. the truth is, i actually kno who u are....

.......... what????

 

Anonymous knows me? 

 

kim yugyeom... i know this is u...

 

Yugyeom's heartbeat raced. What the hell?

 

.... how????

just kinda figured it out...

what about u? 

what about me??

 

Yugyeom took a deep breath, succumbing into his curiosity.

 

who are u?

 

Yugyeom never received a reply about it.

 

 

It was at the third month of texting each other that Yugyeom learned who Anonymous is.

 

 

Yugyeom realized at the tender age of twelve about his ual preference. It was when even the most beautiful girl in their class couldn't rouse any emotions in him when their lips touched.

 

It was his first kiss.

 

The girl, Suzy, had confessed that she liked him. Yugyeom attempted to search within himself about what he was feeling and there was nothing. So as kindly as possible, he rejected her which she thankfully accepted.

 

At first, he thought it was because he just does not see Suzy that way. But when he saw his Jinyoung-hyung shirtless and sweaty after finishing a routine, Yugyeom's heart skipped a beat.

 

And that was it. Nothing too dramatic, no walling in the shower or whatsoever. No panicking.

 

Okay, he was gay. So?

 

No matter what, he's still a human, just a bit... different. He was matured that way.

 

Anyway, Yugyeom was infatuated for a while but the feelings were gone by the time Jinyoung announced his relationship with Jaebum. It was fine, he was happy for them even. Jaebum was a nice dude who could be short-tempered but he was also reliable.

 

The emotions he had felt for Jinyoung then was different from what he was feeling now though. And Yugyeom was not oblivious and naive.

 

Yugyeom was aware; he was falling harder with each passing days, with each messages, with each calls.

 

It was hard not to.

 

Anonymous was everything he could ever hope for for a best friend, a brother, and a lover.

 

That was why he was in so much pain now.

 

 

"Have you heard? Min-sunbaenim and Kunpimook are dating now."

 

Yugyeom turned to his right where Youngjae's body was leaned forward, as if telling him a secret. He rolled his eyes.

 

"And I care because?"

 

Youngjae grinned and held both his hands up in a surrender before sitting properly, though his body was still facing Yugyeom's general direction. "Calm your , I'm just informing you."

 

Yugyeom blinked at Youngjae. "You've been hanging around Jackson-hyung too much. When did you even included '' in your vocabulary?"

 

Youngjae flushed and was about to retaliate when Kunpimook entered the room, which made the both of them stare instinctively. Yugyeom was about to look away when he saw Kunpimook's eyes. And he just noticed it now.

 

Dim. His eyes lack the spark they used to have on that first day of class.

 

At that moment, he remembered what Anonymous had told him before.

 

Maybe he just have a problem?

 

Yugyeom felt the urge to comfort Kunpimook but held himself back. If Kunpimook does have a problem, it was his decision to make everything worse by, what Yugyeom thinks and could see, 'rebelling'. Because changing yourself but not for the better is a form of rebellion, right?

 

Moreover, what does it have to do with him?

 

He buried his pity at the back of his mind until dismissal.

 

"Hey, I'm going ahead. I still have choir practice."

 

"Yeah, take care."

 

Youngjae responded with a smile and wave before exiting, leaving Yugyeom to his thoughts as he fixed his belongings. When he was ready, he looked ahead and noticed something on Kunpimook's desk. His eyes skimmed the room but the blond was nowhere in sight. He walked towards Kunpimook's seat out of curiosity.

 

Oh, it's his phone. He stared at, contemplating whether to prank Kunpimook or leave it be, and almost had a mini-heart attack when it suddenly vibrated.

 

Bam, come home right now. This is an emergency, it read. The sender was Kunimook's father. It seemed like a really urgent message so he thought of forwarding it to Jackson because they might be together in, of course, detention (Kunpimook was caught sleeping in class and Jackson was... Jackson). He could deliver it to Kunpimook directly but his kindness does not reach that range-- he was considering himself a saint for even doing this.

 

He unlocked the cellphone and went to the inbox that had, shockingly, only one content which he paid no mind. It was not on his nature to be nosy (well, he was being a bit nosy now that he was fiddling with Kunpimook's phone but, hey! Blame the important text). As he was done with his task, he clicked the back button and unintentionally read the phone number of the only person in Kunpimook's inbox.

 

He froze. ... Isn't this my number?

 

He rubbed his eyes and double checked. Yes, it was indeed  his number, which was yet to be saved. He blinked, unbelieving, even as he scrolled through the past messages he remembered sending Anonymous.

 

Kunpimook... he's...

 

His heart stopped when he landed on a particular message, the one he had no intention of sending, ever.

 

i miss you. and also... i like you.

 

He dropped the phone back on the desk just as the door harshly slid open to a disheveled and panting Kunpimook. Their gazes met and Kunpimook's eyes widened.

 

 

"."

 

"Y-You..."

 

Kunpimook ran a hand through his locks, making it messier. "Yugyeom, I can explain—"

 

"No need. I just... I..." It was when everything came crashing down on him.

 

So Kunpimook was Anonymous and that the message he wasn't supposed to receive was delivered to him in a way Yugyeom does not know how and now Anonymous slash Kunpimook was dating Min despite knowing that Yugyeom liked him.

 

 

 

Yugyeom felt stupid.

 

He didn't even noticed that Kunpimook was now only a step away from him but when he did, he took a step back.

 

"Yug—"

 

He bolted out as fast as he can.

 

 

Yugyeom sat on the bus, breathing heavily as he tried to catch his breath from that great sprint. He clutched his chest that was both hammering from exhaustion and hurt. He felt as if Anonymous— Kunpimook— had made him a pastime. If he knew, if he ing knew who I am, that I like him, then why didn't he clarified anything? Why didn't he said anything? Did Kunpimook wanted to laugh at him? That he, Kim Yugyeom, sworn enemy of Kunpimook Buwhakul, fell in love with the last person he expected to even care for?

 

The real problem was not because of Anonymous' real identity. It wasn't because he was Kunpimook, Yugyeom learned a lot about the real him. Yugyeom understood him; Anonymous once talked about his problems and since he was also Kunpimook, technically that was all Kunpimook's problem. Yugyeom also knew that Kunpimook was just lost.
The real problem was Kunpimook's knowledge of Yugyeom's feelings for him all along. Actually, how did Kunpimook even knew? Who sent that message? He raked his memory as to who the possible culprit could be and came up with one plausible answer.


Jackson was the only one who touched his phone aside from him for the past few weeks.


"WANG JACKSON!"

 



"... Fine, it was me, okay? I borrowed your phone to text Mark and I got interested when I saw your draft message. So I sent it and deleted it afterwards so you wouldn't know."


Yugyeom banged his forehead on the table after Jackson's explanation and couldn't find it in him to straigthen back up. They were at his favorite coffee shop alongside Youngjae and Mark. Yugyeom doesn't even know why the two were with them, it was supposed to be a conversation with him and Jackson only.


It had been a day since Yugyeom's accidental discovery and he was successful at avoiding Kunpimook with a little help from Youngjae.


Day one, mission accomplished. He thought, sighing. Of course Kunpimook had tried contacting him overnight but it was futile. Yugyeom never answered back. He even changed Anonymous into Massive , childishly sticking his tongue out at the phone screen afterwards.


He rolled his face to the side when their orders came, finally sitting properly once more, and immediately taking a sip on his strawberry smoothie. It made him calmer.


"Look, I'm sorry about it, 'kay?" Jackson said as he mixed his Rockyroad frappe with his straw. "I just don't like seeing Kunpimook sad, the kid's already got a lot going on and I wanted to help a bit, that's why I set you two up."


"You what?!"

 

Jackson stiffened before looking at him sheepishly. "Um, oops?"


Then everything clicked.


Jackson's cryptic look the first time he gave Yugyeom the number.


"Uhh, I could—"


Mark trapped Jackson in a headlock even before he could complete the sentence, deliberately hitting his lover's temple on the table top first before caressing it with his thumb soothingly, contrasting his action before. It made Jackson yelp but also stop talking. Mark offered a small smile.


"I'm sorry for Jackson's stupidity, Yugyeom-ssi."


"It's okay, h-hyung," Yugyeom responded, unsure if it was okay to address Mark as such but the older didn't seem to mind and Yugyeom got more comfortable. "It must be hard for you, dealing with this," He gestured at Jackson, "Everyday."

 

"Yeah, it is."


"Hey!" Jackson tried to pry himself from Mark's embrace but Mark seemed stronger than he looks. "But I love him so everything becomes tolerable." It made Jackson melt on Mark's arm and Youngjae grimaced.

 

"Eww."

 

 

 

Five days of nothing.


Did Kunpimook gave up already?


Yugyeom's resolve was crumbling.


He just wanted his Anonymous back.

 

 

 


"Yugyeom, please?"


It was the first time Yugyeom had seen Kunpimook that desperate— hell, it was the first time he heard the boy uttered the word please, expression free from its usual smugness whenever he managed to shoot when Yugyeom guard him at basketball or the he got the right answer and Yugyeom did not at History. It was enough to glue Yugyeom on his seat and nod his head.


The look of happiness on Kunpimook's visage was worth swallowing the pride.

 

 

 

"I broke up with Min."


Yugyeom lifted his attention from the pool to Kunpimook. They sat beside each other in an arm length, legs dipped in the blue water. It relaxed him somehow. Yugyeom chose the place because no one goes to it during lunch break and Kunpimook was fine as long as they could talk freely.


When Yugyeom did not say anything, Kunpimook continued. "I don't really like her. It was a bet— it always had been."


"What do you mean?"


Kunpimook inhaled. "You know who my friends are, right?"


"Of course, they're all popular. You all are."


"Right," Kunpimook fidgeted awkwardly. "Well, among all them, Jackson-hyung was the only one I really trust and who knows my story. The rest, Sehun, Ukwon-hyung, Chansung-hyung and Myungsoo-hyung, not really. Well, I like them but they force me to do... things."


Yugyeom frowned. "What things?"


"Things like that. Make Min your girlfriend or try to have different girlfriends within seven days. I don't even know the purpose of it at all. But I go along, because you know? They're cool and all that but then I realized, I'm not a robot. I have my own mind. I wanted a way out but when I learned about my parents' plan of separating, I saw it as a way of escape or maybe a way for them to notice me."


"So you..."


"Yeah." Kunpimook flutter kicked at the water lightly. "I made Sehun dye my hair then I started drinking and sleeping around. My parents were furious and were trying to fix me, delaying their divorce."


It was silent for several minutes as Yugyeom wallowed in guilt. He never should have judged Kunpimook. The boy was just a victim, and Yugyeom abhorred him for it.


"I-I'm sorry." He spoke after a while, eyes sincere as they tried to read Kunpimook. The other smiled at him, dark orbs glistening with unshed tears.


"You don't have to be, I understand. It's just... I... Yugyeom, I..." Kunpimook swallowed the lump in his throat.
"I like you."


Yugyeom suddenly forgot how to breath.


"But I was never good at expressing. I even threw that pencil on you because I was too shy to approach you and hand it properly like a normal human should." Kunpimook chuckled, albeit humorlessly.


"I long wanted to get to know you better but I never had the chance. You dislike my guts already. So I acted that way with you. At least, even just for a second, you'll look at me. Even if it's from distaste or disgust, it's fine."

 

"You're right," Yugyeom finally managed to talk after several seconds. "I hated you. You're everything I found annoying in a person." Kunpimook lowered his head just as Yugyeom turned to him with tender eyes.


"But you're also everything I wanted."


"W-What?" Kunpimook whipped his head at Yugyeom who had an affectionate smile adoring his face.


"Being text mates with you, it gave me the opportunity to meet the real you under no pretense. Everything was genuine. You were far from perfect and I love it."


Yugyeom reached out to link his pinky with Kunpimook's.


"I love the true you."


Yugyeom held Kunpimook in a loose hug as the boy broke down in front of him, and Yugyeom felt the weight in his chest lighter. Both of them ditched their classes in favor of being together and it was worth it."You should talk to your parents. I'll ask Jackson-hyung to deal with your so called cool friends."


Yugyeom advised when they reached Kunpimook's house, fingers knotted together. Kunpimook's head bobbed in agreement before he turned to Yugyeom with a beam. Relief and happiness flooded Yugyeom when he saw the shine that Kunpimook's eyes once have back.


"Thank you, Yugyeom."


Yugyeom chortled.


"Anything for you." He answered, the words foreign when addressed to Kunpimook but it was fine. He would adjust, in time. They were silent for a few seconds, Kunpimook still gripping Yugyeom's hand as he stared at the ground. Yugyeom's brow arched. "Aren't you going in?"


It seemed to broke the trance Kunpimook was in as he reluctantly let Yugyeom's hand go.


"R-Right, of course."


Kunpimook peered at him hesitantly and Yugyeom patiently waited for what Kunpimook seemed to want to say when Kunpimook's face was suddenly so much near. There was also something soft and warm on the corner of Yugyeom's lips which lasted too short for his liking.


"T-Thank you, really. Bye, Yugyeom."


Yugyeom could only watch as Kunpimook practically ran to the door, still dazed.


"B-Bye."

 

 

 

 

 

It was a month after the storm. Kunpimook had followed Yugyeom's advice. His parents were still attempting to patch things between them and Kunpimook was content with it. At least they were trying. Regarding his circle of friends, he left them. But they were not in bad terms. They were fine with Kunpimook changing his group because Jackson's diplomatic like that.


They even apologized because Kunpimook's irresistible like that.


All in all, though they might have petty fights from time to time, Yugyeom and Kunpimook were both blissful in their own world, with their friends' gagging here and there.


Screw them.

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 


Yugyeom, with his elbow on the table and chin on the heel of his palm, sighed fondly as he stared at Kunpimook beside him. The shorter was napping with his head on his crossed arms that was on the table as well. The two of them had the detention room to themselves and Kunpimook took the chance to rest as he was tired from their swimming classes. Vaguely, Yugyeom remembered his paper-conversation with Youngjae.


The person who invented science must have gotten so bored in his life.

At least he have a life. You should get one, you know?

 

Yugyeom smiled at Kunpimook just as the boy started drooling.


"I have a life now, hah! Take that, Youngjae."

 



"I really hate him, Yugyeom. I really, really do."


"Now, now, Youngjae. Are you forgetting how me and Kunpimook started? Do you want to end up with him?"


" YOU."

 

 

 

 

 

-- End

 

 


 

'Was supposed to update yesterday but I got lazy. Again. Sorry. LOLOL~

This still might get edited in the future, IDK. I don't really like this because it did not turn out the way I really wanted it to, TBH, but I like YugBam and I need an outlet to unleash mah great feels. /enter long dramatical sigh

I just hope you won't brick me at the maybe-kind-of-rushed ending, 'cause I don't to prolong this fic and this was just supposed to have slight angst only.

Thanks for reading anyway! :D

 

Ps. It's so hard to upload chapters on mobile, what the heck.