Introducing Anonymous

How Yugyeom Found Life At Detention

 

 

Warning: Overuse of the word Anonymous


 

 

It was silent— well, not really. 

 

Yugyeom's Biology teacher kept talking about reproduction and meiosis and what not so Yugyeom decided to tune him out. He was especially thankful for his talent of hearing the things he only wanted to hear at that very instance. 

 

Besides, why memorize those terms? Two people have , the girl gets pregnant whether she likes it or not, then the baby is born and they continually grow. Why make simple things so complicated?

 

Yugyeom huffed. Suddenly feeling eyes on him, he turned to his seatmate who was looking at him funnily.

 

"What?" He mouthed. Choi Youngjae shook his head disapprovingly before writing at the back of his notebook, tearing it, and handing the page to Yugyeom subtly. 

 

You should listen. I won't lend you my notes on this.

 

Yugyeom pouted mockingly before jotting his own response and passing it to Youngjae not so discreetly just to tease, earning him a glare. Yugyeom chuckled quietly at Youngjae's uptight attitude.

 

The person who invented science must have gotten so bored in his life.

 

At least he have a life. You should get one, you know? 

 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, gaze landing at the back of his classmate that was seated in front of Youngjae. He scoffed.

 

Kunpimook should be the one getting a life. 

 

What's with your hate with him? 

 

I hate him. End of story. 

 

The paper was suddenly snatched from Yugyeom's desk before he could even give it to Youngjae and he flushed in embarrassment. The teacher raised a brow. 

 

"Kunpimook, eh?" Yugyeom turned redder, seeing Kunpimook's smirk from his peripheral vision. He bowed his head.

 

 "I'll have to agree with Choi, though. You should get a life. Maybe you'll find it in detention later."

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

"What a pleasant surprise!"

 

Jackson exclaimed with exaggerated hand gestures for emphasis. Yugyeom was unfazed. "Detention?" He asked instead as he watched Jackson walk nearer to him.

 

"Yeah. Got caught taking a picture of my ."

 

"... Why would you do that for anyway?"

 

"Mark wanted to see it."

 

"That silent-type senior?"

 

"My boyfriend."

 

"Oh."

 

Yugyeom didn't know what to comment anymore so he decided to shut up while Jackson plopped in front of him sluggishly, almost lying down on the chair. It wasn't that he was particularly close with Jackson, but Jackson was that 'everyone's friend' type so they're good-- good enough that they got to tease each other.

 

Yugyeom took out his ever reliable phone to avoid an awkward silence since he wasn't in a talking mood that day. No new messages, no new notifications, no anything. Maybe I should really get a life?

 

Nah.

 

"Hey, Jackson-hyung,

 

Jackson hummed, turning his attention from his own device to Yugyeom. "Do you have anyone I could text? I'm bored."

 

"Well," Jackson drawled as he began browsing his contacts. "Who do you want to talk to?"

 

"Someone fun to talk to. And, oh!" Yugyeom tapped his fingers on the table top excitedly at his sudden bright idea. "I want us to stay anonymous to each other. So don't tell me who it is, yeah?"

 

"Noted." Jackson typed a little bit more before announcing, "Here, save this."

 

After dictating the digits, Yugyeom's thumb now hovered over the send button, contemplating his said bright (read: crazy) idea whilst worrying his lower lip. It was a simple message, just a greeting. A few more seconds and Yugyeom figured that this person doesn't really know him and that he's got nothing to lose. He finally clicked the send.

 

hey....

 

His phone indicated that the text was delivered successfully and Yugyeom's heart started thudding, anticipating as he settled the phone on the table.

 

His phone vibrated after three minutes and Yugyeom slowly reached for it, not knowing what to expect.

 

hey you 2 ahaha

 

He blinked, letting the fact that this stranger replied to him and that he seemed friendly, before shrugging.

 

i'm bored. is it ok if i disturb u? He asked politely.

lol. it's fine i'm bored 2

 

Yugyeom was about to type back when another message from the other entered.

 

who's dis, btw?

 

He deleted what he what he was typing before and created a new one.

 

can we not know each other's name?

y? 

just because......

u're an odd one but ok, i wont ask anymore.

 

Yugyeom felt relieved.

 

"Hey, Yugyeom, time's up."

 

He almost forgot Jackson who was already slinging his bag to his shoulder. "Oh," He stood up and smiled. "By the way, thanks for the number."

 

"'Like him?"

 

Him?

 

"He's... fine, I guess."

 

Yugyeom caught the mysterious look on Jackson's face before they parted but he didn't thought too much about it.

 

 

 

 

 

hey, jackson hyung said mr kim farted in da middle of his lecture. lolol!

 

Yugyeom chuckled quietly as he read the message, peering below his desk as subtly as possible since his own teacher was discussing in front of the class. Their lesson was about Algebra this time and since the teacher's voice was soft and the topic itself was stale as hell, Yugyeom decided that texting the boy he named as Anonymous in his contacts was better. They had been textmates for two weeks already, and they were getting closer with each passing day.

 

They talked about nothing and everything, just random things; latest movies, games, music, but their favorite subject was dancing.

 

lol! i bet it would be da talk of da school 4 a while

 

He locked his phone and returned it in his pocket. So far, Anonymous was fun to talk to, just as what he asked Jackson for. His personality complimented Yugyeom's so well, as if they had been friends since forever. Yugyeom was even considering meeting the other face to face, maybe dance together sometime, like what they talked about a week ago.

 

Also, he was increasingly becoming curious.

 

He wanted to meet the person who gave his monochromatic life some splash of colors. The person who could excite him with the simplest of messages, not that he would admit out loud.

 

I just think he's cool. Okay.

 

The bell rang to signify the end of the classes. He stood and fixed his belongings but a somewhat shorter figure bumped his shoulder from behind. He faced the culprit who was now standing in front of him, glancing at Yugyeom with a raised brow on his back, as if he was expecting Yugyeom to be the one apologizing. Yugyeom's blood boiled instantly but he held back a groan of annoyance, merely rolling his eyes instead.

 

Ugh. What else do I expect from Kunpimook?

 

He ignored Kunpimook and turned around to the other direction as he typed on his phone to emphasize that he doesn't give two s about the other.

 

have u ever felt so much hatred 4 a person b4?

 

 

Yugyeom rested his chin on the heel of his palm, arm propped on the table and eyes dull. He decided to hang out on the nearest cafe before going home, suddenly craving for something strawberry. His smoothie arrived after a few minutes and he sipped on it with a small satisfied smile. It had been two hours since he sent his last text to Anonymous and the person had yet to reply. He sighed as he lowered his drink when his phone vibrated.

 

sorry 4 da late reply, my teacher gave me detention. guess what? 

what? 

jackson hyung s with me. lol!

 

Yugyeom snorted.

 

what's new tho?

u'r right. anyway, u hate sum1???

yeah....

really?? who?

 

Yugyeom's fingers paused. He and Anonymous were practically strangers. Was he that comfortable with a person whose identity he doesn't really know?

 

But then again, the said stranger doesn't know him personally as well. It's not as if Anonymous was gonna gossip it to the whole school, right?

 

kunpimook fcking buwhakul....

 

He hit the send, breathing in the tense air only he could feel. Why was he getting nervous all of the sudden? It wasn't as if he committed a crime.

 

When his cellphone shook and created an annoying sound against the table, Yugyeom almost jumped out of his skin.

 

whyyyyy????

 

It sounded like a whine in his mind and Yugyeom cocked a brow.

 

whats not der 2 hate??

err, i think he's okay tho!

 ..... are u a fanboy or sumthin? ><

what? no!! srsly, why do u dislike him? 

he's cocky!! he flirts evrywhere nd anywhere, he's 2 proud of his looks nd intelligence nd popularity!!! 

i didnt notced. lol!!! was he really like dat???

yes!!!

.... maybe he just hve a prblem and didnt know what to do? maybe he just wnted attention his parents couldnt give...

 problem???

yeah.... take me, 4 ex. i hve a lot of prblems esp at home....

 

Now that Yugyeom thought about it, maybe he just misunderstood Kunpimook. But—

 

wait, u hve prblem?

 

Several minutes have already passed and Yugyeom regretted asking. Was that too personal? Should I apologize?

 

Just as he was about to send an apology, a message entered his phone.

 

.... yes. my parents are divorcing, my friends pressure me in2 thngs, the prson i love hates me....

...... dats a lot.

 

Yugyeom replied lamely, heart heavy with sympathy for the boy he doesn't really know but somehow managed to became a companion. Though he was honored that Anonymous told him such information, an important yet painful piece of himself, at the same time, Yugyeom couldn't relate. His parents were fine, his peers were dorks but lovable (not that he would say it to their faces), and he doesn't have a person he like.

 

But a stranger with no face that he labeled as Anonymous entered his mind and his heart missed a beat. He incredulously shook his head. Silly, it's not possible. Besides, Anonymous mentioned just now that he already had someone he liked.

 

He attempted to ignore the way his heart dropped when his phone lit up.

 

sometimes, the brightest stars have the sadddest lives.

 

 

 

 

Several days after, Yugyeom couldn't deny the pull of attraction he managed to harbor for Anonymous anymore. It was a realization that had hit him lightning speed— one day, he just woke up to realize that he wouldn't be able to go on a day without texting Anonymous. Looking back, he tried imagining the moment when the messages would stop coming and despite it never happening yet, Yugyeom can't.

 

Can't imagine it possible despite the large probability. Can't imagine how life would be again; Anonymous had became his bestfriend. His hyungs were all lovely but there was something different with Anonymous. The person had became Yugyeom's source of strength especially during the time when he injured his leg on his dance practice a few days prior.

 

evrything would be better, i promse u, Anonymous had sent then. It wasn't too much and maybe it was sent out of courtesy but it felt like it was all Yugyeom have to know to be assured that yes, things would eventually steer for the better.

 

Now as he rested on his bed, healed foot already free from its cast and back-reading old texts that still made him grin, he knew that they have to finally meet. Never mind that Anonymous already have someone. It wasn't as if Yugyeom's going to steal him away or seduce him, right? He had thought about it and he decided that he was contented staying friends with Anonymous. Why? Because it was better than nothing; Yugyeom knew his place. He didn't want to force himself to someone he doesn't want to lose. Also, he have a pride you know?

 

btw, i hve sumthin to tell u

 

Yugyeom blinked at the screen.

 

...what?

 

It was a few moments and Yugyeom was already dozing off when his phone rang. The caller ID indicated Anonymous and Yugyeom almost fell off his bed in shock and panic. It was the first time Anonymous had ever called— they never really called each other before— and Yugyeom has absolutely zero idea what to do.

 

OMFG.

 

His heart was throbbing so hard he was certain it could be heard from miles away. But he couldn't deny the thrill of hearing the other's tonality, maybe he could finally point out who Anonymous is through his voice. In the end, Yugyeom swiped his thumb to the answer button.

 

"H-Hello?"

 

It was silent for a few beats that Yugyeom thought Anonymous had hung up but when he checked his phone, the call was ongoing. Seconds strecthed into a full minute before the other line finally spoke.

 

"Oh, so it's true."

 

"Uhh, sorry. What?" Yugyeom asked, uncertain. What was he talking about?

 

"It really is you." Then the call ended.

 

Yugyeom didn't have the chance to recognize the voice.

 

 

 

Since the first and only phone call, Anonymous' messages to him became short, like the male was uninterested to talk to him anymore. It saddened him. Had he done something wrong? Did his breath stink that much Anonymous smelt it from the other line?

 

Yugyeom missed him.

 

i miss you. and also... i like you.

 

He never sent it.

 

 

 

 

 

Yugyeom was physically sitting on Youngjae's living room floor but his mind was miles away. A lot of thoughts and ideas were running in his head but it all related to one thing— or rather, person.

 

"Yah, Kim Yugyeom." One of his hyungs, Park Jinyoung, nudged him with a socked foot as the older lied on the sofa leisurely. On normal occasions he would have made a face and changed place, but he was too caught up in his worries he didn't even flinch. It made Jinyoung sat up with his eyes opening and closing repeatedly in surprise.

 

"That's new."

 

"What is?" Jinyoung's boyfriend, Im Jaebum,  questioned as he planted himself on his other half's right. He was carrying a bowl of popcorn which he settled on the center table. Jinyoung pointed at Yugyeom as an answer, making Jaebum tilt his head. Youngjae just finished setting the movie and opted to sit beside Yugyeom who was still zoned out.

 

"Uhh," Youngjae glanced from Yugyeom to their other two hyungs, wordlessly asking but they could only grant him the same expression.

 

"Kim Yugyeom. Yah. Kim. Yug. Yeom." Youngjae's patience thinned at every syllable. He took in a deep breath.

 

"KIM YUGYEOM!"

 

To say that Yugyeom was startled would be the understatement of the century.

 

"WHAT THE !"

 

"Are you with us now?"

 

Yugyeom sighed. "Yeah, whatever."

 

"Is this about your buddy?"

 

"I don't even know who he is."

 

"Ah, so it's really about that Anonymous?" Jaebum teased, but Yugyeom was already watching the movie, looking but not really seeing. Jaebum shook his head.

 

"You're already in too deep."

 

 

 

 

 


 

WTF is this. WTF IS THIS.

 

I am not contented with this, actually. I might still edit this in the future so.

 

/flies to the moon with Mark and Ken and Leo