1.

A Series of Avoidance and Mixed Messages.

Baekhyun looked up from where he was sitting. He was supposed to be revising, hence why he had stopped at the library to undertake some much needed work. What he didn’t expect was the moment he sat down, his head would hit the table and a snore would come out from him, some drool escaping alongside. Now as he sat up, wiping his mouth he realised he had slept for two hours.

Fantastic…

Baekhyun slowly began to gather his books up into a pile, stuffing them into his bag with his notes. The fact that he had just wasted two hours meant there was no point on continuing, and he decided he would return to his dorm. The sudden thought of his dorm struck up a memory in him. What he was supposed to be remembering however he could not recall. Shrugging it off he made his way back to the dorm, consciously aware that he would be bashed by Kyungsoo later for not texting him to meet in the library.

***

When he arrived at his dorm apartment, he was greeted with a mess of scattered clothing around his place. The problem with living by himself was that he was not used to it, and let himself slack off occasionally. Or a lot. Ever since Tao had transferred back to China, he had sunk into a messy and lax life. Tao had been a particularly clean roommate, so Baekhyun was still not really used to the mess he made.

The recalled thoughts about his ex-roommate caused something to stir in him once again, making him feel like he was forgetting something. But alas, he could not remember and so again proceeded to ignore it.

Walking into his room, he dumped his backpack at the foot of his bed and began to clear things up a bit. He gathered all the clothing laying about in the front room and his bedroom and chucked it all in his wardrobe. He could deal with it another time. After he had finished that tedious task, his apartment looked marginally more human, enough to the point that he could invite people over and so he took out his phone and texted Kyungsoo an apology message, explaining that if he still wanted to meet he could come over with Jongin, Sehun and Luhan. Once that was done there was nothing left to do and as he was not in the mental state for revision (when was he ever?), he went into his kitchen and grabbed a beer, proceeding to then plonk himself in front of the television in the living room.

After one episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., he heard a knock at the door and shouted at whoever it was that it was open.

“You know we could’ve been a murderer right? Or robbers?” Sehun commented as he let himself in, followed by Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“A murderer wouldn’t knock. Neither would a robber,” Baekhyun retorted. Sehun muttered something that sounded like ‘good point’, but before anything else could happen Baekhyun felt a sudden pain hit his head.

“OW! What the hell was that for?!” Baekhyun yelled, glaring at a towering and quite frankly scary-looking Kyungsoo still holding the rolled up magazine in his hand above Baekhyun’s head.

“That was for making me wait two hours before I found out that we weren’t going to the library today, Byun Baekhyun,” He then lowered his hand (to Baekhyun’s relief) and said “what happened anyway?”

Baekhyun giggled a bit and muttered an ‘I fell asleep’.

Jongin laughed at that saying, “You’re lucky Kyungsoo only has that magazine on him.”

Kyungsoo huffed in annoyance and went over to grab himself a beer from the kitchen, also plopping down in front of the TV next to Baekhyun. Sehun and Jongin went to do the same, and for a while the four sat in comfortable silence, watching the episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S where Monica and Chandler hook up in London. Sehun hummed just then and ensued to say “that’s kind of cute, best friends hooking up. I wonder if that will happen between any of us…”

“Um, hello, me and Kyungsoo? We’re best friends turned couple in case you forgot. The perfect Monica and Chandler.” Jongin turned around from his place on the floor to grin up at Kyungsoo on the sofa, eliciting a blush on the latter ones cheeks.

Baekhyun knew Sehun was thinking of a particular someone who was not present right then and decided to ask Sehun where Luhan was.

Sehun blushed furiously, exclaiming, “How would I know?! It’s not like I was thinking about him.”

“No one said you were.” Jongin laughed and both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun laughed at that, creating a particularly flushed and frustrated Sehun.

“I’ll confess one day…” Sehun muttered loud enough for the others to hear. Laughter followed again and Sehun, quick to change the subject, decided to question Baekhyun instead. “Hey Baek, aren’t you getting a new roommate today?”

“What?” Baekhyun sat there confused for a second before deep realisation dawned on him and he jolted upright, cursing as he did so.

“Crap, you guys need to leave. I totally forgot Tao’s replacement was coming today. Double crap!” Baekhyun looked around his apartment. Luckily he had gotten rid of that pile of clothing, but the apartment was not nearly as appealing as he wanted it to be in order to attract a roommate and consequently get his living costs down. At least he knew what that nagging thought at the back of his head had been about today.

After ushering his friends out of his apartment, he looked around at what he could quickly tidy last minute. Failing to find anything that could be improved quickly, he decided to focus on making Tao’s room look liveable. Rushing into the room, he made the bed, rearranged the lamp and thanked god that Tao was a neat person in general so there was nothing much else to do.

Suddenly, he heard a knock at the door and felt a twist in his stomach. His place was nowhere near good enough to make a good impression but whoever this idiot was, Baekhyun was just going to have to plaster on a friendly smile and hope he came across friendly enough to live with.

When Baekhyun opened the door, he found himself having to turn his head upwards to meet whoever’s gaze this was. So his initial thought was damn this guy is like a giant. But once Baekhyun had gotten over this initial shock, the twist in his stomach gradually transformed into something more light, and he suddenly felt dizzy when he made eye contact. The guy staring back at him had piercing brown eyes, soft lips, a cute button nose, elfish ears and a mass of silver curls atop his head. In short, he was incredibly good looking. And suddenly this stranger was grinning and it was all Baekhyun could do not to faint right there.

“… Oh maybe you didn’t hear me the first time. I said my name is Park Chanyeol, and it’s a pleasure to meet you!” a deep voice seemed to have followed from this man’s parting lips, and Baekhyun realised he was talking to him. A slow blush creeped his way up to his cheeks when he realised this adorably cute guy had a low husky voice.

Pull yourself together Baek, god dammit.

“Oh hi, my name is Byun Baekhyun, and yeah, it’s nice to meet you too.” Baekhyun stepped aside to let Chanyeol in, who bent down to grab his bags and step into the living room, dumping his stuff in the middle of the room.

“I suppose you want to see your room?” Baekhyun decided to ask first. Chanyeol smiled and nodded, so Baekhyun helped him move his bags into Tao’s former room. Chanyeol looked around, observing his living space and muttered ‘nice’. Baekhyun then offered to show him around the rest of the place, even though there wasn’t much to show, starting with the living room, followed with the kitchen, his room and the bathroom.

“Yeah, there’s only one bathroom. Sorry about that, my previous roommate broke the other. But one bathroom is totally fine, I managed with him, I’m sure I can manage with you.” Baekhyun turned to his side, still not used to this stranger’s height and looked up at him expectantly. Chanyeol smiled down at him, causing something weird to flutter inside Baekhyuns stomach, and said,

“This is all really great. You have a really nice place.”

“Thanks.” Baekhyun felt relieved when this giant said that, as all he cared about was finding someone quickly to help with the finance of being a uni student. Chanyeol seemed a good fit, he didn’t seem too annoying, and his looks were a plus.

“I guess I’ll just let you settle in then.” Chanyeol nodded at Baekhyun and walked into his new room. Baekhyun stared after him, the thought of Chanyeol’s grin and towering presence weighing on his mind. Baekhyun knew he was in deep .

***

Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t see each other for the rest of the night, and Baekhyun lay awake for a long time, highly conscious that Chanyeol was in the room next to him. At 1am, Baekhyun couldn’t take it anymore and decided to text Kyungsoo:

To: Soo

From: Baek

Ughhh, my new roommate……..

 

To: Baek

From: Soo

What’s wrong? Is he that unbearable?

 

To: Soo

From: Baek

Noo… hes really friendly…..

 

To: Baek

From: Soo

But???

 

To: Soo

From: Baek

……He’s really good looking

 

To: Baek

From: Soo

Ohmygod! You disturbed my sleep because you have a crush on your roommate. When I next see you, you’re a dead man.

Baekhyun shivered; angry Kyungsoo was terrifying Kyungsoo and Baekhyun made a mental note to avoid him for at least a day. Or at least until he’s had enough beauty sleep.

***

The next morning, Baekhyun was greeted with a messy haired, sleepy giant sitting at his kitchen table. Baekhyun’s heart did a little jump, and Baekhyun got angry at how quickly his body was reacting to the sight of Chanyeol.

“I would’ve made breakfast, but I’m not really sure where you put things, so I just made us coffee.” Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol then, because at least this giant was making him food he liked.

“I’ll make us some toast.” Baekhyun replied, obliviously unaware of the giant’s sudden reddening ears and averted gaze at the sight of Baekhyun’s grin. Baekhyun busied himself around the kitchen then, hyper aware of Chanyeol’s eyes on his every movement. Once Baekhyun had made the toast and was sitting opposite his new roommate, he decided as it was Sunday and neither had classes, right now would be a good time to get to know each other.

“I agree,” Chanyeol replied once Baekhyun had voiced this opinion out loud. “What do you want to know?”

Baekhyun laughed at him, not really sure what his answer to that question was.

“Here, I’ll help. I’m 6 foot roughly, I take veterinary as my degree, I don’t tend to come back too late but if I do I’ll text you. Oh speaking of, you’ll need my number……” Chanyeol then went on to tell Baekhyun that his favourite colour was green, he loved anything rilakkuma and wasn’t afraid to admit it, he had one sister, he enjoyed reading and loved the idea of books and movies, he has never been in love and he preferred the night to day.

Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol was pretty friendly, and he soon found himself opening up to the giant just as much as the giant opened up to him. Baekhyun didn’t know why, but for some reason he found it easy to admit that he loved rilakkuma too, he was pretty obsessed with keeping up appearances and owned a big collection of eye make-up, he was pretty scared of thunder, he had two brothers, and he enjoyed watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. a bit too much. The two boys found it easy to open up to each other, and as Chanyeol watched Baekhyun talk animatedly about how much he loved Ross and Rachel, he began to feel incredibly comfortable.

“So how come you decided to move into an apartment half way through second semester? I mean, I’m assuming you’re in your second year?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol inquisitively.

“Yeah I am. Actually the truth is I had to quit my part time job because it was getting to be too much, so I’m looking for a new one and I can’t afford to live by myself while I’m studying without a job.”

“Ohh… Actually that’s the same reason I looked for a roommate for this apartment… I can’t afford living expenses either,” Baekhyun laughed. “I guess we’re a perfect match haha.”

Baekhyun grinned at Chanyeol when he said this, and then immediately cursed himself for being so forward. Great, now Chanyeol’s going to think he’s some weirdly open person. Chanyeol on the other hand stared at Baekhyun as his mouth split open to reveal pearl white teeth, his eyes crinkled and his nose scrunched up and felt his heart do a weird skip in his chest. This boy was too adorable for Chanyeol, and Chanyeol felt himself blushing at the words Baekhyun had just said. He didn’t understand why they made him so nervous, but he knew that Baekhyun was causing some very odd feelings to arise within him.

Chanyeol coughed nervously and said that he actually had a few jobs to do so would be popping out for a bit.

“Do you want anything from the store?” Chanyeol asked as he got up from his seat, placing his dishes in the sink. Baekhyun shook his head, again giving Chanyeol that too-cute smile and got up to wash the dishes.

“Okay, well I’ll be back later on then.” Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol made to leave. Once Chanyeol had gone, Baekhyun texted Kyungsoo to come over for some much needed advice.

When Kyungsoo arrived, he immediately interrogated Baekhyun about his sudden crush.

“I don’t like him Soo, he’s just really friendly. I can’t live with him..! How am I supposed to function a normal life if he’s wondering around all tall and cute?” As soon as Baekhyun said these words, Chanyeol opened the door and walked inside.

“Who’s all tall and cute? Oh hi, I’m Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s new roommate.” Chanyeol said noticing Kyungsoo sitting cross-legged on the floor. Kyungsoo smiled at him, whilst Baekhyun blushed at the thought of Chanyeol hearing what he just said. Kyungsoo noticed and laughing replied with “Oh yeah I know, Baekhyun’s been telling me all about you…” Baekhyun felt himself go even more red, if that was possible, and averted his gaze from Chanyeols.

“Oh... He has?” Chanyeol laughed nervously, looking at Baekhyun blushing furiously and decided he thought Baekhyun was possibly the cutest human being alive. Once Chanyeol had left the room, Baekhyun hit Kyungsoo’s head and exclaimed, “Why did you say that? Now he probably thinks I’m some weird stalker!”

“Well, you do know where he lives…..” Kyungsoo laughed, rubbing the back of his head.

“You know what? I don’t like him actually. He’s really annoying, waltzing in here all cute and stuff. He’s probably really full of himself.” Baekhyun knew he was jumping to conclusions, especially since their conversation earlier had said otherwise, but this evaluation was easier than crushing on his roommate so he decided to stick with it. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, completely aware his best friend was being stupid, but also completely used to it.

“Okay, Baek. Okay… Well, while you continue to be a weirdo, I’m going to meet Jongin. I’ll talk to you later.” Baekhyun huffed, watching Kyungsoo leave.

“Your friend seems really nice.” Chanyeol commented, walking out of his room.

Baekhyun shrugged, still flustered and walked into his room. He was aware that he was being childish, but he couldn’t really look at Chanyeol right now.

***

The next two weeks passed in a blur. Baekhyun was so busy with assignments and classes that he barely saw Chanyeol. And when he did, he tried very hard to come across aloof, to the point where he was aware he was being rude but couldn’t really stop himself. Chanyeol had noticed a change in Baekhyun from the first day they met and as he wasn’t familiar with Baekhyun, assumed this new Baekhyun was his every day self. Baekhyun might be really cute, but his passive aggressive nature was annoying. Although it wasn’t nice, Chanyeol decided to just ignore it and try to be friendly.

Baekhyun was alone at home one evening catching up on some much needed work; lately Chanyeol’s presence in the apartment was causing a strain on Baekhyun’s concentration and he was glad to finally be alone. That relief was short lived however when he heard the door being opened, followed with Chanyeol’s deep booming laugh. Chanyeol walked in, followed by Sehun, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Jongin. Baekhyun stared up at all of them from his sitting position in front of the couch, confused to see Chanyeol hanging around his friends. When did Chanyeol become acquainted with his friends?

When Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun staring, he offered him a grin and said “Hey, Baek! Your friends were just showing me how to play bowling affectively. But, I lost. So I guess they’re pretty useless teachers.”

“That sounds fun.” Baekhyun acknowledged, looking at Chanyeol and wondering why this giant was being nice when clearly Baekhyun was giving him the cold shoulder. Also, when did Chanyeol start calling him Baek? He didn’t know why, but that thought made Baekhyun feel funny.

Kyungsoo wriggled up to Baekhyun on the floor and gave him a knowing look. Jongin was staring at Baekhyun funny too, and Baekhyun realised Jongin must know about his small crush. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and huffed in annoyance, “If you idiots don’t mind, I’m going back to my work now.” Proceeding to ignore them all making themselves comfortable in front of the TV and on the couch, Baekhyun looked down at his notes only to have them snatched right under him.

“Nuh-uh, not happening. We’re playing truth or dare!” Luhan grinned at Baekhyun, placing his notes on the kitchen counter as he grabbed some drinks. Baekhyun sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing with a stubborn Luhan. He really didn’t understand what Sehun saw in Luhan sometimes.

Gathering in a circle, Baekhyun found himself sitting next to Chanyeol and internally cursed Kyungsoo for this. He knew somehow it was Kyungsoo’s doing.

“Alright, who goes first?” Luhan said.

“I don’t know. Shouldn’t we spin a bottle or something?” Sehun asked.

“Hmm… good idea Sehun.” Luhan grinned at Sehun, resulting in a red-cheeked Sehun.

Luhan went to get an empty bottle of beer, placing it in the centre of the circle, explaining whoever spun the bottle was the one to ask the truth or dare to whoever the bottle pointed at.

Jongin asked to spin first, and when the bottle landed on Kyungsoo, Jongin grinned mischievously.

“Truth or dare Soo?”

Kyungsoo looked flustered, hyper aware that no matter which option he went for Jongin would put him in a compromising position.

Kyungsoo sighed and opted for a dare. At least this way, he wouldn’t make him tell the truth about anything obscene the two did together.

“Okay…. What should I dare you? Oh I know! You have to kiss me!” Jongin had thought of that dare way too quickly, Baekhyun thought.

The group laughed and Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo’s reddening self and felt sorry for the boy.

“You’re so annoying.” Kyungsoo said. Then he leaned over and proceeded to give Jongin a kiss on the cheek.

“No way, kiss on the lips loser.” Jongin said before Kyungsoo had a chance to escape and turned his face so the couple’s lips met. Jongin pecked him on the lips and left Kyungsoo blushing furiously, leaning back all flustered. Jongin laughed at the sight of his boyfriend and started gushing.

“Ugh, you two are so gross. Get a room.” Sehun groaned.

“Just because you can’t do that to--“ Jongin didn’t get to finish his retort as Sehun had jumped on top of him and was busy clamping his mouth shut with his bare hands. While the others laughed, Sehun sat back down and glanced at Luhan, who was staring at him curiously, but quickly averted his eyes when Sehun glanced his way.

Baekhyun sighed, “If you idiots are done, can we hurry up and finish this.”

“Alright then Baek.” Kyungsoo said, spinning the bottle, which conveniently landed on the annoyed individual. Kyungsoo grinned and asked Baekhyun to choose a truth or dare.

Baekhyun glanced sideways, finding Chanyeol smiling at him and opted for a truth. No way was he letting Kyungsoo make him do something awkward to Chanyeol.

“What was your first impression of Chanyeol when you met him?” Kyungsoo asked, smiling evilly at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun cursed Kyungsoo, suddenly aware of everyone’s eyes on him, but mostly aware of a certain giant looking at him curiously. Baekhyun felt himself beginning to blush and prayed that no one else noticed his sudden state.

“Umm… I don’t know? I thought he seemed friendly.” Baekhyun replied.

“Oh come on, you can do better than that.” Kyungsoo responded. Baekhyun glared at Kyungsoo, and then began to look at anything other than the person at his side.

“Well, I mean… Well, I guess my first thought was that he looked like a giant. But also that he looked like... well, like a pretty cute giant.” Baekhyun mumbled. After he had said it, Baekhyun blushed furiously, aware of Chanyeols gaze on him. Unable to take it anymore, Baekhyun glanced to his side to see what Chanyeol’s reaction was. What he was met with was not what he expected. Chanyeol had gone bright red and was trying hard not to smile, and when Baekhyun looked at him, he went an even darker shade of red, if possible, and quickly looked away.

“N’awww! You guys are too cute!” Jongin laughed, and Baekhyun could sense the hint of mockery in his voice. His friends loved to way too much. Baekhyun, trying to ward off the attention from himself, quickly spun the bottle which landed on Luhan.

“Truth or dare?”

“Umm... Truth…” Luhan said apprehensively, aware that these boys were highly dangerous.

“Who’s the most attractive out of all of us? And you can’t pick yourself.” Baekhyun asked, genuinely curious to see if Luhan saw Sehun the way Sehun saw Luhan.

“If I can’t pick myself then that’s a bit tricky…” Luhan joked, looking around the room. His gaze landed on Sehun and when Sehun went pink, Luhan felt butterflies in his stomach.

“Easy, Sehun.” Luhan said, eyes still on Sehun. He watched in amusement as Sehun’s eyes widened and he blushed. Baekhyun laughed, happy that his two friends would get a happy ending when they decided to act on their feelings.

Luhan spun the bottle, which landed on Chanyeol. Chanyeol chose dare, and Baekhyun cursed, already confident that this would involve him somehow.

“Baekhyun has to give you a kiss.” Luhan said cheekily.

“How is that a dare for Chanyeol?” Baekhyun questioned in annoyance.

“The dare is that he has to be kissed by you. Gross.” Luhan replied. Baekhyun stuck his tongue out, saying “Fine but only on the cheek.”

Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol who was already staring at him. When the two boys’ eyes met, Chanyeol smiled sheepishly, and Baekhyun felt something stir in his stomach. Leaning over, Baekhyun moved towards Chanyeols cheeks, getting ready to kiss them. He was suddenly hyper aware of his breathing and pressed his lips on Chanyeols cheeks. The sensation was incredibly soft, and Baekhyun found himself unconsciously holding the kiss for longer than needed.  Chanyeol on the other hand, felt the sensation of Baekhyun’s lips and his heart began to pick up speed. Baekhyun’s lips were soft against his cheek, his breath fanning softly against his face and when he held the kiss, Chanyeol felt warmth spreading to his cheeks. When Baekhyun pulled away, their gaze met once again and the two found themselves both blushing, flustered and smiling.

Baekhyun coughed and went back to his sitting position, looking at the others. They were all staring with wide eyes at the pair, and the tension in the room was as thick as butter. Baekhyun’s heart was still beating fast, and in order to break the tension, Baekhyun laughed.

“Well, I think that’s enough for one day don’t you. I still have work and I’m tired.” The others nodded at Baekhyun and got up to leave. As they were walking out the door, Kyungsoo lent towards Baekhyun and whispered,

“You better do something about Chanyeol. The between you guys has gotten out of hand.” Baekhyun blushed and shut the door in his face.

When he turned around he saw Chanyeol clearing the mess his friends had left.

“Let me help with that.” Baekhyun went over to where Chanyeol was standing and took the bottles out of his hand, going over to dump them in the bin.

“Did you really think that? The first day you met me?” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol ask behind him. Baekhyun turned around to face Chanyeol, who was staring at Baekhyun questioningly, a slight pink tinted on the cheeks Baekhyun had kissed not too long ago.

“What?”

“You know, the first time you met me. Did you really think I was cute?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he began to blush. Slowly he nodded. Chanyeol smiled at him then, earning a skip of Baekhyun’s heart, and proceeded to say, “Well I think you’re pretty cute too.” He then turned around and went into his room. Baekhyun stared after him, heart beating too quickly for his liking.

The next morning, Baekhyun waited until Chanyeol had left the apartment to get up and get ready. He didn’t know why, but he couldn’t really face Chanyeol after last night. He placed a hand on his lips, thinking about where he had kissed Chanyeol, and sighed in frustration, mindful of the familiar flutter in his stomach. Living with Chanyeol is a real bother.

***

For the rest of the week, Baekhyun decided to avoid Chanyeol. There was no point denying he had feelings for Chanyeol anymore, but now that he admitted it, he wasn’t entirely sure how to face Chanyeol without being painfully obvious about what he was thinking on the inside. So when Baekhyun got up one morning, assuming Chanyeol had left for class, he was surprised to see the object of his thoughts slumped on the couch, laptop across his lap.

When Baekhyun exited his room, Chanyeol turned his head and smiled, causing Baekhyun’s heart to skip a few beats.

“Morning! Where have you been lately? I never see you anymore.” Chanyeol pouted. Dammit, as if Chanyeol wasn’t cute enough, now he had to go and pout at Baekhyun. Baekhyun gulped and shrugged, replying with “I guess we just keep missing each other…”

He then made his way to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, and was setting his coffee down on the counter top when he felt Chanyeols chin come to rest on top of his head.

“I like spending time with you, but I feel like you’re avoiding meee.” Chanyeol whined. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his heart beat quickened in pace, and he was suddenly hyper alert, very much aware of Chanyeols body pressed against his back. Baekhyun coughed, picked up his cup and tried to escape from under Chanyeol.

“I’m not avoiding you. I’m just busy.” Baekhyun did not know Chanyeol had this needy side in him but strangely, it just made him more attractive. Baekhyun made his way to the couch, but before he reached it Chanyeol ran over and grabbed the remote, holding it high above his head.

“Hey, give it back!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“If you’re not avoiding me, then come get it.” Chanyeol grinned.

“This is stupid.”

“That’s not going to get you the remote.”

“What are you, five?”

“Six actually.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and went to grab it. Damn, this giant is too tall. No matter how much he jumped for it, Chanyeol was too high and he couldn’t reach it. Chanyeol stood there laughing at Baekhyun struggling, thinking how cute their height difference is. That was until Baekhyun got onto the sofa and jumped on Chanyeols back. Chanyeol yelped jumping in the air, and then he went to dancing around, trying to wriggle Baekhyun off his back. Baekhyun just gripped onto Chanyeols shoulders, laughing hysterically at this giant wiggling about, and he made to grab the remote, but when he let go of Chanyeols shoulders he felt himself fall, squealed, and pulled Chanyeol down with him.

The two found themselves on the floor, Chanyeol lying on top of Baekhyun, their noses just touching and their breath mixing with each other’s. Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun, studying his features, from the way his brunette hair fanned out underneath him, the way his eyelashes fluttered while he stared up at Chanyeol dazed, the way his brown eyes swam in depth making Chanyeol dizzy, to his plump lips that Chanyeol felt a sudden urge to lean down and meet with his own. Baekhyun felt flustered with the way Chanyeol was staring at him, something deep, almost hungry beneath his eyes. “Yeol…” Baekhyun whispered out in a small moan. Chanyeol groaned in response with that deep voice of his, gaze fixed on Baekhyun sending a shiver down his spine. Baekhyun felt his heart tightening with Chanyeol on top of him, looking at him like that, their bodies pressed together, and it was all he could do not to reach up and pull Chanyeol into a kiss. So instead, he laughed nervously, grabbed the remote that was lying on the side of them and grinned up at Chanyeol, moving away from underneath him.

“er, I’ve got the remote now.” Baekhyun laughed, trying to hide the crack in his voice. When Chanyeol didn’t respond Baekhyun turned around to see Chanyeol lying face up on the floor, breath ragged, staring at the ceiling.

“Umm... Chanyeol? Are you ok?” Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, suddenly worried that the taller male wasn’t feeling well.

“Huh? Oh no, I’m fine. Actually I’m feeling kind of tired. I think I’ll go have a nap.” Chanyeol got up and walked over to his room, still out of breath, Baekhyun’s adorable grin on his mind. He couldn’t be in the same room with Baekhyun at this very second, suddenly feeling very ually frustrated.

Baekhyun watched him leave and turned back to the TV and ensued to watch something random. However, his mind couldn’t focus on the show and all he could do was think of the way Chanyeol felt on top of him, of the feeling of Chanyeols body pressed against his. But most of all, of the way Chanyeol had looked at Baekhyun, a needy gaze. Baekhyun felt heat rushing to all parts of his body and decided he needed to put even more distance between them. After all, this can’t be good for his heart.

***

“I’m not going to this stupid party with you guys for god sake.”

Baekhyun did not want to spend his Saturday night hanging out with booze-smelling college students who would probably try something funny on him.

“It’s not stupid! And anyways we’re all going, so you have to come. Even Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo argued.

“Wait, Chanyeol’s going?”

Jongin nodded, explaining how he had managed to convince him. Right now, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Luhan were perched on Baekhyun’s bed while Baekhyun sat on his desk chair.

Baekhyun thought of the idea of being at a drunken party with Chanyeol. Nerves started to settle in his stomach and he definitely knew he wasn’t going. But then he thought of all the flirty people at parties like that, and suddenly the idea of Chanyeol going to that party whilst Baekhyun stayed at home sounded even worse than not going.

“Ugh, fine I’ll go.”

“Yes! I knew that would convince you!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, and shoved his friends out of his room so he could get ready. After the remote incident, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had only seen each other briefly in passing, and whenever they did, there was even more weird tension than before. Baekhyun could hardly stand being in the same room as Chanyeol, so he tried his best not to. His friends all knew something was up, but Baekhyun refused to comment. The idea that he would see Chanyeol at this party tonight sent flurries down his body, and he tried to focus on getting ready as a distraction.

Baekhyun didn’t need a shower, as he had one in the morning, so he went to his wardrobe and found a black sleeveless Nirvana top and super tight black skinnies. He pulled the outfit on, adding a small necklace to accessorise and moved on to applying his makeup, adding a minimal amount on his face, but making his eyes stand out by adding shimmer eye shadow and dark smoky eyeliner that made his eyes even more brown. Pulling on basic converses he surveyed himself in the mirror, smiling in approval at his overall appearance.

Baekhyun opened his room door to find all this friends standing around waiting for him. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol was there too, and took a moment to appreciate the sight. Chanyeol was wearing a graphic t-shirt with some tight red jeans, and he had his hair pushed back so his eyes, applied with eyeliner that complemented his eye shape, stood out. Baekhyun couldn’t peel his eyes off of Chanyeol and when the latter felt a gaze on him, looked over to meet his eyes. Chanyeols eyes widened when he saw Baekhyun and Baekhyun thanked god that he was skilful in the fashion department at least. Chanyeol gulped, taking in Baekhyun’s sultry look from head to toe and felt his stomach twist when Baekhyun smiled at him. Chanyeol still hadn’t recovered from their remote fight, and looking at Baekhyun now only made him nervous.

“I’m ready, let’s go.”

When the group arrived at the party, Jongin immediately grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and pulled him away somewhere and Luhan asked Sehun to go dance with him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun found themselves left alone in each other’s presence, and Chanyeol immediately commented on Baekhyun’s appearance.

“You look really good tonight Baek. I see you weren’t lying when you told me you love keeping up appearances.” Baekhyun thanked him nervously and immediately made to walk off. He had to get away from Chanyeol before he did or said something stupid.

For most of the night, Chanyeol tried to find Baekhyun and Baekhyun tried to find a way to avoid Chanyeol. Baekhyun found it much easier to socialise when he wasn’t thinking about that giant and so he did his best to avoid particular said giant.

His plan foiled when Chanyeol saw him sitting on a couch with a group of girls and guys. At that particular moment Baekhyun had been minding his own business when a guy Baekhyun couldn’t remember the name of tried to make a pass at him. He had his hand on Baekhyun’s thigh and before Baekhyun could shove him off, he felt someone else shove the stranger away from Baekhyun and then grab his hand and pull him away from the crowd into an empty bedroom. Baekhyun was about to yell at the random dude before he realised it was Chanyeol.

“What was that for?” Baekhyun asked, slightly annoyed that Chanyeol had suddenly been so rough with him.

“What do you mean what was that for?!” Chanyeol sounded even more annoyed than Baekhyun. “That guy was clearly trying to make a pass at you. You should’ve shoved him off.”

“Well, if you hadn’t been so quick to jump in, I was just about to hit him. Wait, why does it matter to you who hits on me anyway?” Baekhyun was confused now.

“It just does. That’s not important.”

“You’re being weird.”

“I’m being weird?! Huh, that’s a joke coming from you Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol was glaring at Baekhyun with an unreadable expression on his face.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Baekhyun couldn’t understand why Chanyeol sounded so angry.

“Are you kidding me? Baekhyun you’ve been acting weird with me since the moment I got here. First you treated me really friendly, then you avoided me, then you called me cute, then you avoided me some more, then you got friendly with me, almost flirty, and then you avoided me again. You’re sending me like fifty different mixed signals!” Chanyeol was inching towards Baekhyun as he ranted, voice raising and Baekhyun found himself backing up against the bedroom wall.

“Mixed signals?” Baekhyun had to admit that the way he had been treating Chanyeol was a bit weird, but he didn’t realise he was sending mixed signals. “I don’t think I’m sending any signals. If anything you’ve been the one sending signals, getting all cute and smiley with me, then suddenly getting all flustered. What am I supposed to do with that?”

“It’s not my fault you’re so damn attractive!” Chanyeol yelled, finally getting in Baekhyun’s personal space as he slammed his hand against the wall beside Baekhyun, making Baekhyun flinch.

“Wait, what?” Baekhyun asked. “Where did that come from? Seriously, this conversation doesn’t even make any sen-“ Baekhyun got cut off when Chanyeol rolled his eyes and told him to shut up, proceeding to then meet his lips with Baekhyun’s own.

The first kiss was gentle, a test almost. Chanyeol pressed his lips lightly against Baekhyun’s for a moment before pulling back to see a completely red-faced Baekhyun staring back at him. Chanyeol grinned when he saw what he liked and lent back down to deepen the kiss. Baekhyun felt Chanyeols lips move against his own, and opened his lips to let Chanyeol explore inside his mouth. Chanyeol slid his tongue in, and his tongue and Baekhyun’s danced inside each other’s mouth, battling for dominance. Chanyeol the rim of Baekhyun’s mouth, eliciting a moan from the smaller male. Baekhyun’s hands reached up to the back of Chanyeol’s neck, pulling him even closer and Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun’s face, smiling against Baekhyun’s mouth. They stayed like that for a minute, kissing each other, hands roaming around and Baekhyun’s knees going weak before they pulled apart. Chanyeol stared down at Baekhyun, his eyes darker than normal, the same deep hunger that had been there before. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and a small smile crept onto his face.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.” Baekhyun said, feeling giddy.

Chanyeol groaned in response, looking at Baekhyun before reaching down and kissing him again, hands sliding under Baekhyun’s t-shirt. Baekhyun moaned again and Chanyeol felt himself get hot, his body temperature rising. Baekhyun was making Chanyeol go crazy and Chanyeol loved it. The two continued to kiss some more, now grinding against each other and then suddenly they heard the door open and a loud ‘oops’ followed. The two quickly pulled apart and turned to see a giggling Luhan and Sehun, holding hands.

“We’ll find somewhere else.” Luhan grinned, pulling Sehun along with him as they rushed away.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both looked at each other with wide eyes.

“Are they…?” Baekhyun asked.

“I think they are.” Chanyeol laughed, thinking that it was a major coincidence that two couples should get together today.

The two turned to look at each other again.

“You look really good tonight, Baek.” Chanyeol hummed in appreciation at the sight in front of him, Baekhyun’s lips red and swollen and perfect hair now dishevelled. It pleased Chanyeol to know that the flustered state in front of him was his doing.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and laughed, blushing once more.

“You already said that. If you’re looking for a compliment as well, you can find someone else. You already know you look hot.” Baekhyun said, taking a moment to value Chanyeols own ruffled condition.

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun and pulled him into a hug.

“My boyfriend is really cute.” Chanyeol purred.

“Wait boyfriend? What boyfriend? You have a boyfriend? Are you kidd-“

“You’re my boyfriend, idiot.” Chanyeol laughed. Baekhyun blushed, realising what Chanyeol had meant and then grinned when he realised that Chanyeol had just called him his boyfriend.

“What, so we’re an item now?” Baekhyun smirked.

“I guess so, but don’t think this means you can get away with avoiding me.”

“Umm stupid, I only avoided you before because I liked you.”

“Oh… Ohhhh!” Chanyeols face suddenly dawned with realisation and he grinned, happy that he had that kind of effect on the smaller male from the beginning. Chanyeol pulled away from Baekhyun and smiled, and Baekhyun felt another blush rising up his cheeks. Chanyeol smirked when he saw flustered Baekhyun. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out, jumping away from Chanyeol.

“Don’t get full of yourself, giant.” He said as he ran away, Chanyeols car keys in his hand, which he had pulled out his back pocket when they were hugging.

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol yelping and chasing him from behind, and he grinned to himself. He was glad that he no longer had to avoid the tall giant. No, for now, he would settle on frustrating him, ually or otherwise.