Chapter 6: Conflicting Thoughts

Still Life - Updated 14/01/2016

                                   : 6 Conflicting Thoughts
Just as he had imagined, spring had come to life. It's primary brightness of yellow's, red's, and blue's creating a splendid secondary and tertiary variety of colour cocktails so scrumptious to the taste buds of an artist's eyes that Donghae found his mind overflowing with inspiration. Being the creative that he was, he refused the mere thought of his new found inspiration being directly influenced by the expected continued presence of a certain person in his life. He rather preferred the idea of his creative outburst being purely inspired by the beauties of the world recently presented to him.
Not that it was to be denied that Lee Hyukjae was one of those beauties, but Donghae found that he didn't want to measure him on the scale of all other worldly things.
It seemed his brightened vision had cleared the way for his hands to finally work in correspondence with his mind. The moment he had returned from his unexpected meeting with Hyukjae, Donghae had already begun to feel the change. Instead of rushing to scribble on canvas, however, he took a wiser path. After an hour or so of digging through his varsity boxes, Donghae finally found what he was looking for. His varsity workbook was tattered and torn from years of constant use but as he paged through it he found that there were a few empty pages yet to be filled. Enough, he figured, to see his current theme through to its completion.
Donghae then set himself the goal of preplanning his work before Saturday, and true to form he had managed to complete his preparations by Friday night. His main idea was to capture the essence of still objects and personify them by giving each a character of its own in relation to his main subject, Hyukjae. He had yet to come up with final sketches of what he wanted to achieve but something in the back of his mind told him to relax and let the inspiration lead the way. Usually, he would create drawing pages with images that represented what he aimed to achieve buy the end of his collection, but on Friday night, as he sat staring at the mound of research and images he had compiled during the week, he realised that no matter how much effort he put into perfecting his theme, he was less likely to get the feel for it when it was all planned out. Donghae set his workbook aside and thought about what he wanted to achieve the following day when Hyukjae arrived.
He didn’t want to get too excited about their first meeting but he found it was quite impossible keeping his feelings under wraps. It had been over a year since last he felt anything outside of loneliness and pain after all so this stranger emotion that kept creeping up on him caught him unawares and defenceless.
His excitement couldn’t be concealed. Donghae began to imagine himself opening the door to the overwhelming handsomeness that was to be his model soon. He imagined that tense and sharply defined jawline and those plump and rosy lips; smoothly rounded at the bottom and slightly cracked at the top.
He thought about those rounded eyes, faint double-lid and dark lashes highlighted by dark liner which Donghae noticed that he seemed to wear all the time. All those features which had encapsulated him upon first sighting rushed through his mind so vividly that Donghae almost thought that Hyukjae was right before him. He didn’t know why, but somehow the man had managed to set a spark off in his heart and now it burned like hot flames inside his chest. Donghae knew that it wasn’t normal for one to obsess over someone they’d practically just met but Donghae had been dreaming about Lee Hyukjae far longer than he had wanted to and now that the man who had haunted him so was right before his reach, Donghae couldn’t even help but want to make attain him, capture him, make him his.
He got up from his desk, where he had been seated, and began to pace about his lounge where he had based his office. ‘This isn’t going to do me any good’ he thought, unable to get hold of his emotional state. His heart was filled with anticipation- rapidly pounding in his chest- while his mind was filled with images he couldn’t bring himself to push away. Yet in the back of his mind, where all his sense lay hidden, something screamed at him to beware not to let go of his heart to easily. He wanted to listen to that little voice inside him but by deciding to let Lee Hyukjae in he had also made the decision to block out that little voice. He wanted what he wanted, it didn’t matter what it cost him in the end.
Donghae stood still in mid pace in attempts to calm his unstable thoughts. He would not let one man be his downfall. Yes, it had been a while since he felt anything worthy of being felt and yes, the emotions stirring inside of him was caused by Lee Hyukjae but Donghae was convinced that he would not be taken adrift by something to ridiculous as the infatuation that seemed to have developed within him recently. He had to keep things professional at all costs or he would face losing himself to yet another one for his dreams. That turned back was something he cringed at the thought of seeing again as he once had over a year back. If anything, Donghae wished to stray from the path that would lead him to his pre-determined future but with this said, he could hardly unmake the mistake he had made earlier that week now could he? He needed a model and Hyukjae just so happened to be the only applicant for the job. Donghae really had no choice in the matter.
It had been fate that had led the two together and fate that had forced the situation upon them so why should Donghae deny what was meant to be? At t6he end of the day, al his denial did was lead him into a pit of conflicting thoughts which would drive him crazy if he allowed them to. As if by some great miracle, Donghae found his peace returning to him and with some sense of serenity returning to at last he made his way to bed. He would leave what was to come up to fate for now.

 

****

Hello there, hope you've all been well :)

 A bit of insight into Donghae's thoughts and feelings in this chapt.Hope you enjoyed it and anticipate the next chapt- their first session. I'll try to write something noteworthy but I can't make any promises. Thank you for reading, I missed you in the comments after chapt 5 btw, but let's hope for more feedback for this chapt huh?
COMMENTS INSPIRE, never forget that. I was so depro when no one left a single comment after chapt 5 that I nearly cried just now when I saw I finally have one/AT LAST!! Thank you SilverBlueJewel :3 <333
Anywhoo... Read, Comment, Up vote, Recommend please But mostly, ENJOY!!:D. I would highly appreciate it.

Dont forget that I love you all for supporting.

'til next time ;)