Inconsistent Couple

Hearts A(LINE)d

 

It was already very late. The green light of the clock on the dashboard showed that they almost entered the witching hour. Why was Sohee calling him?

"She never listens," Hoseok grumbled as he hesitantly pushed the green button to accept the call. Because in all honesty, he wouldn't deny a chance to talk to her, even when it was hypocritical of him. He wanted her to sleep but he created a situation where she was unable to.

Her image took a while to load, and when it did, it almost caused his heart to literally, literally skipped a beat.

"Hey," she was laying on her stomach, one hand dangling on top of her lazily propped head and the other tracing circles around the pad of her laptop. The strap of her black tank top was skewed, giving the illusion that she was wearing almost nothing.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" His reprimanding whisper was strained, the lump of 'something obviously bad' was large and it was stuck right in the middle of his throat.

"I can't..." Sohee sighed as she used her fingers to ruffle her hair and dragged a section of it over her eyes. She looked through that curtain of hair with eyes that glowed a low simmer or red.

'It must've been a reflection,' Hoseok tried to rationalize. But then she bit her lips oh so slowly. And now he wasn't sure anymore.

"I miss you." Her voice was so thin it could be categorized as a whine. The sort that you don't share with a car full of hormone filled young lads.

Hoseok was worried someone would overheard their risky conversation even when the radio was going full blast and the sound of this minivan's machine grated throughout the interior. Added to that, everyone else was either asleep, pretending to, or trying to get one with headphones plugged to each and everyone's ears.


Earphones.

 

He needed one, stat.

 

His fingers trembled while they tried to unravel the tangled mess of his earphones. They didn't go fast enough that the start of another of her sigh already began to fill the car before he managed to plug in everything in place.

Oh god, she said his name. More like sighed. Moaned.

"Now you're wearing earphones," Sohee softly giggled when she saw his eyes grew twice in size when she scooted up the bed, deliberately letting her tank top got stuck between her hands and letting him get a sneak peek of the tops of her chest.

"Guess what I'm wearing down there." She asked when her positioning was back to something comfortable (and less revealing, much to Hoseok's disappointment), only now she was much nearer to her laptop's camera, almost filling all of the video call screen with her upper torso.

He was rendered silent.

God. Is she trolling me? What is happening? Why is she doing this? She never did this. Why haven't she done this before? This is amazing! Wait... Why haven't I done this before???

And then suddenly something popped into his mind. A factor that is so important and obvious he was shocked he didn't think about it first thing after he saw her slightly blushed complexion.


"Are you drunk??"


He was just starting his rant about how alcohol is bad for her brain cells' prevalence when Sohee slammed her head onto her laptop's keypad. Probably destroying a bit of her brain cells on impact.

"GODDANGIT JUNG HOSEOK! I was trying to be y there!" She yelled with apparent exasperation. In a hasty move, Sohee hoisted her laptop to her lap and slumped back to her pillowed headboard.

"So... You're not drunk?" He didn't know whether he should be glad that she wasn't drunk or regret his decision to ever ask about her level of soberness.

Where would he be now if he didn't?

"Oh! I am drunk," Sohee said with a pout, which quickly disappear to show a wide, mocking grin, "drunk with love."

"Yep, not drunk."

She settled down to a nice, bored frown as she fiddled with the hem of her tank top strap, "I really do wish you're here."

'Me too.' He thought. But he figured it won't be wise to say so. And thus he opted for a familiar, and what Sohee had accustomed to say as his 'trademarked line', "go to sleep Sohee."

She rolled her eyes and huffed an annoyed breath but in the end, she did nod and say yes, she will, soon right after they finish the call.

But, his egotistical nature hit once more when he couldn't stop himself from blurting, "honestly though, what are you wearing down there?"

formed into a wide O and the usual glint of excitement was back to its usual spot, right behind her eyes. "Do you really want to know?"

Her chirpy voice made it sound casual, not at all y or anything. As if she was going to answer a question about what she had for lunch earlier that day.

"Nothing!" Sohee was no longer slumping against her headboard. She was perky and alert, and she was sitting straight with a wide grin on her face.

"No. Nonono." He shook his head in disbelieve. "You're bluffing!"

"Do you want to see??" Her voice still sounded so elated and casual, almost childish, even. She was just going to turn her laptop around to the direction of her lower body when Hoseok yelled a very loud, "STOP!"

Poor Jungkook, who was sitting right beside him, hit his head on the darkened car window due to the shock. "What the hell hyung," he mumbled in confusion before going back to sleep, just as quickly as he was woken up.

"Do you really not want to see?" Sohee's breathy voice brought his attention back to the screen of his phone, away from that brief moment of shock. She tilted her head slightly to the side and pouted, "they're there and they're waiting~"

Hoseok was stuck in the middle of a crossroad. In one side he really did want to see. Oh god did he want to see. In the other side, he was trapped inside this godforsaken van and... Well... Isn't that already a massive problem by itself?

"You don't have to do anything," Sohee broke through his contemplation with a solution. A solution that was so cruel and evil.

"I will give you a show," she once again combed most of her hair to one side with her fingers, cheeks clearly blushing and lips nervously bitten behind the thin curtain of her frizzy hair. "If you don't like it then just end the call."

He would never do that under any circumstances.

"And don't you dare laugh at me or else." She tried to sound stern but it was clearly heard that her voice shook. Out of excitement and well, 'excitement'.

Sohee slowly went up into a kneeling position as she placed her laptop near the end of her bed, and Hoseok could see everything now. Not only her black tank top, but everything.

And no. She didn't bluff.

Sohee laughed in a very wicked way and winked at him when she saw his hand involuntarily shot up to cover his gaping mouth.

 

"Shall we start from the very beginning?"
 



A/N: Stopping myself before all hell breaks loose and I stepped into the rated R territory... Although... If you want the rated R territory.......... I will gladly deliver XP