And I'll Spin For You (Like Your Favorite Records Used To)

Blue Skies are Calling (yoonseok fics)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It could be considered lucky that Yoongi was awake at 3am to write his paper on music during the Baroque period, but it could also be considered unlucky because when he heard his door open, he knew he had to deal with it.  Yes, he was worried and slightly scared because he lived alone, but it was also 3am and he had long been gone and high off of caffeine.  This was just a hassle.  Part of him, still though, really hoped he wasn’t being robbed.

“Who the ,” Yoongi mumbled, slamming his desk before groaning and making his way out of his room and through his hallway.

There was a thud and a giggle, “Sorry, Jiminnie.”  Yoongi hid where he knew this guy wouldn’t be able to see him.

Who is Jiminnie?  And why is this guy apologizing when it was him who bumped into the coffee table and probably hurt himself?  Better yet, why did Yoongi care?  Yoongi must have had a permanent bruise on his leg from coming home drunk and bumping into the table before he came to his senses and the lights.  The memory made it obvious to Yoongi that this stranger was drunk and had somehow made his way into his house.  Granted, Yoongi did keep a spare key under his doormat, but double-granted, he at remembering his keys because he’d always accidently sleep in and then rush out the door.

Oh god, oh wait, oh .  A small meow reminded Yoongi that his cat was out there. What is the guy stepped on her? Yoongi waited for a moment to see if his cat would hiss, but instead he heard something different.

The stranger gasped, “I didn’t know Jimin got a cat!”  His voice had pitched at the end and Yoongi himself practically hissed away.  Based off the repeated soft gasps coming from the stranger and the purrs, however, Yoongi would assume he was petting his cat and she liked him.

He should call the cops, he should definitely call the cops.  There was a stranger in his house, a drink stranger that was petting his cat! Yoongi didn’t know what this guy could do in his state.  He may attack Yoongi in and drunken spur, or mess up his house because he was drunk and he felt like it.  Honestly, he had no clue as to why he was still hiding behind the wall in his hallway so the stranger wouldn’t see him.  Maybe he was worried, but by the way the stranger sounds, Yoongi was pretty sure that he was harmless and only believed he was in his friend’s house.  There were people who didn’t get crazy when drunk.  Maybe this guy was the type to just get cuddly and sleepy, not that that was ideal for Yoongi, it was just better than an aggressive person.

Even so, this guy was interrupting Yoongi in his process to write an essay due the next day and that process consisted of a lot of things, but it did not consist of kicking a drunk person out of his home.  It’s just plain rude.  Yoongi didn’t even know a Jimin, so how could this guy get so confused?  He was sure drunk person who could pick up a cat would be smart enough to find a house.  As Yoongi continued to complain about his tragic life and how unfair it was that he just had to deal with this guy, the stranger stayed in his living room, petting the cat.  He could just call the cops, you know, let them deal with it.  But then again, they might ask him a bunch of questions and Yoongi wasn’t really in the mood to have a cop ask him these questions, especially in this condition.  Speaking of conditions, what would they do to the drunk guy?  Would he be taken to jail for the night?

Yoongi’s thoughts were put on hold when he heard the stranger talk again.  “Kitty, kitty.  What’s your name?”  Yoongi heard a little dingling of his cat’s chain.  She used to have a name, but Yoongi always ended up calling her ‘Kitty’ so he had it changed.  “Oh!  It’s Kitty.  How uncreative . . . cute though.  I wonder why Jimin named you Kitty, or maybe he’s just babysitting?  Is he, Kitty?”  There was a pause and Yoongi could barely hold back his laugh because listening to a drunk guy talk to a cat was great.  “I don’t know, Kitty. I hope Jimin owns you, because you are just so cute!”  Yoongi could practically imagine this guy squeezing his cat.  “I hope Jiminnie doesn’t mind me sleeping here.  I didn’t want to drive home because drunk driving is dangerous and so I walked here.”  Oh, that explains a bit more, and Yoongi had to give the guy props for not driving.  He heard a few more purrs before the stranger talked again.  “I’m Hoseok, Kitty.”  Got it.  Yoongi silently patted himself on the back before remembering he hadn’t figured anything out and still had yet to make a move whether it was to call the cops or just kick him out.  At least he should make himself known so the guy would realize this isn’t Jimin’s place.

After taking a few deep breaths, Yoongi finally got all of his courage.  “Who are you?”  He spoke while exiting his hiding place and turning on the lights.

“Who are you?” The stranger responded before giggling.  “I would think that you could be dating Jimin, but he likes innocently cute boys.  You’re tiny cute.  And anyways, Jiminnie has a big crush on Jungkook.”

Yoongi could feel heat spread form the base of his neck and to his cheeks. “I’m not c-cute.”  He decided to ignore all the comments about this Jimin and Jungkook guy.

Hoseok smiled and Yoongi notes just how gorgeous it was.  In fact, he looked gorgeous all over.  His skin seemed to be sun-kissed, his eyes were bright with hope, he was tall, and oh god he was so tone, but also so lean.  Yoongi ignored his wanton need to gawk and replaced that feeling with anger, something he did quite often.

“Listen, buddy, this isn’t Jimin—or whatever you’ve been talking about’s—house!”  Yoongi could see the stranger’s face fill with confusion and regret.  He could hardly care though, he was on an angry roll.  “Now, I don’t care how ing drunk you are, this is breaking in an—”

“You had a key under your mat though . . .” Hoseok’s voice was shaking.

“Shut up!  That doesn’t matter.  I swear, I’m gonna call the cops.”

And in that moment, Yoongi watched as Hoseok’s face contorted into horror and as a natural habit, he grabbed onto the cat and squished.  In response, the cat hummed and seemed to push itself even closer.  Yoongi’s cat was fat and known for hating people so he was more than surprised at the action in front of him.  It was pretty amazing to see her warm up to someone so fast when it took half a year for her to even let Namjoon pet her.

“Please don’t, “Hoseok practically whimpered and wow did that make Yoongi feel guilty really fast.  Well, Yoongi was going home for his mom’s birthday this upcoming weekend, and he could really use a good pet sitter that Kitty actually liked, so maybe . . .

Yoongi sighed, “Okay, are you busy this weekend?”  Hoseok cautiously shook his head.  “I won’t call the cops if you pet sit my cat all weekend while I’m at my mom’s.”  Hoseok nodded much faster this time. “Give me your number; I’ll text you all the information.”

Hoseok silently nodded again, as if he had suddenly become mute.  He gently exchanged the cat for Yoongi’s phone and silently began putting in his number.  Yoongi gently put his cat down and took back his phone, taking a moment to look down at the numbers before turning it off.

“Thank you so much,” Hoseok began, stopping when he realized he didn’t know the older boy’s name.

“Yoongi.”

“Yoongi,” Hoseok repeated, running the name over his tongue.  He checked though his brain to see if he recognized the name at all, but god he was still really drunk and it didn’t ring any bells.  Yoongi would never admit that his name sounded pretty great coming from Hoseok.  “I’m Hoseok.”

“I know.”  He tilted his head to the side a furrowed his eyebrows.  “I heard you telling my cat your name.”  Hoseok giggled.  Yoongi wondered if that was common for him to do or if it was just an effect of the alcohol.

“Hey, um, I was wondering,” Hoseok started after an awkward silence had formed.  He was making it even more awkward and he knew it, but he really had to ask.  “Could I, uh, crash here?  I am still drunk. It wouldn’t be good to be wandering around, not aware of where I am, you know, drunk.”

Yoongi snorted, surprisingly not finding the question annoying.  On usual occasions, Yoongi would kick him out and hope that the only time he saw Hoseok again was for pet sitting.  This wasn’t a usual occasion though.  Instead, he found the question dorky and charming and hell no was he beginning to crush on the guy that broke into his house.  Yes, Hoseok was cute and handsome and he seemed to be pretty great personality wise so far, but no, that would not happen.

When Yoongi realized that Hoseok was still attentively looking at him for an answer, he cleared his throat and responded.  “Uh, yeah, you can.  Um, where does your friend Jimin live?”  When Hoseok told him the address, Yoongi couldn’t help but laugh because Jimin lived so far away and how could he mix up their houses?

“Stop laughing at me!”  Hoseok whined, plopping down on the couch with a pout.

Cute.  “I’ll stop, I’ll stop.  Man, don’t worry.  When I was like nine I tried walking home from school and I ended up at a Taco Bell.”

“But I’m not nine.  I’m an adult,” Hoseok retorted.

Yoongi nodded, taking a seat next to Hoseok. “You are drunk, however.”

Kitty hopped up onto both of their laps and Hoseok automatically started petting the cat.  This action resulted in the cat falling asleep on their laps and they stayed silent.  This silence was more comfortable and a few minutes after the cat fell asleep, Yoongi could see Hoseok falling asleep.  He watched the younger try to stay awake and he contemplated getting up and ruining his cat’s sleep for Hoseok, but then Hoseok’s head was on his shoulder and Yoongi was a bright pink.  He had an essay to do.  He needed to get up and work.  But oh go this was picture perfect and he didn’t want to ruin it and Hoseok felt so warm and Yoongi was so tired.  Maybe he could deal with a B for once.  Yoongi pulled out his phone and turned it on before freaking out and rushing to turn down the brightness.  He looked around and saw that neither of them had woken up.  He set an alarm for a few hours later and set it on the arm of his couch.  He sat there for a few minutes, pulling together all his thoughts for this weekend.  He would have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter