The Songs on the Radio are Okay (But my Taste in Music is Your Face)

Blue Skies are Calling (yoonseok fics)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And though the plethora of gorgeous girls at Yoongi’s school caught his eye, none of their appearances could compare to how a certain smile could shine brighter than the sun, even on the gloomiest days.  Even if the girls had perfect hair, even if their clothes were impeccable, even if Yoongi seemed to have a special connection with them that resulted in constant conversations that would get them sent outside.  None of them could make Yoongi gasp like when he saw him.

To be granted, the gasp wasn’t of surprise, but more as if he had just gotten the wind knocked out of him so hard that he was sure to pass out.  But the blackness never came and Yoongi would just continue to stare at the raven hair boy.  That was until the other boy would glance in his direction, and then Yoongi would look away, cheeks aflame.

The main boy, Yoongi, in this small expert of a story, hated being late and so he’d arrive to school half an hour early and spend the next while drowning himself in music and waiting for the bell to ring so the doors to his first period class would open. The other boy, the one with hair as dark as the Marianas Trench, was usually be late. Or as he liked to call it: fashionably late.  Usually, he’d walk into class a couple minutes after the teacher had begun talking and he’s sneak in through the back and sit in his seat near the door, going unnoticed.  On occasion, the black haired boy would come to class a couple minutes early, when almost everyone had already gathered in the cold, waiting for their teacher to finally open the doors  And there he’d stay, talking to his friends, smile placed along his lips, until the bell rang.  Yoongi would be standing by the door, wrapped up in his music, however, none of the lyrics could compare to how wonderful two extra minutes felt next to the boy.  He’d have turned off his music in hopes of hearing the seconds boy’s voice, and if he was lucky, a laugh.  They didn’t talk during that time, no way could Yoongi do so. Instead, he’d take up that time admiring just how incredible the boy always seemed to look so early in the morning.

Yoongi was dressed in casual clothes that looked okay and felt even better.  He covered his most likely greasy hair with a beanie and had a natural set face that scream pissed off—though sometimes people would be graced with his smile. He wasn’t a bad guy, he was just tired and had no effort to put into his clothing choices during the morning.  In contrast, the second boy always had a glowing smile plastered on his face, bright eyes, and a perfectly planned outfit that would allow him to do almost anything.  Though anything would look good on him, Yoongi was particularly glad that the raven haired boy wore a tank top most days.  His slightly toned, tan arms, were sight to behold.

Probably the best thing about him though, was that the two sat next to each other during their first class.  The best thing was seeing the boy’s sheepish smile as he sat down after being later once again and looked at what Yoongi had pulled out.  Yoongi had assumed the position now to begin telling him what they had already done and then helping him in making sure the teacher didn’t notice he was gone.  The best thing was that because they were seated so close, the two would end up talking through the class, never getting caught, but always laughing and smiling.  Yoongi always felt like he was in heaven during the 50 minutes of class every day.  Except no matter how much they talked, there was always a wall keeping them apart.  A wall that classified Yoongi as an ‘in-class friend.’  A wall that made the second boy outgoing and popular whereas Yoongi was labelled as quiet and had only a tight circle of real friends. 

Yoongi had learned one day, when they black haired boy came in to class even later than usual, that he was always late because he had to iron out his clothes.  “I hate wrinkles,” He muttered as he pulled at a barely wrinkled flannel.  Yoongi hated ironing and he hated laundry, but he loved that someone had a thing for it because it made him think they’d make great friends.  That was the first time that Yoongi’s heart thumped a little faster for something other than a song, though there was no way in hell he’d admit it.  Another time, Yoongi realized that the black haired boy was absolutely horrid at writing.  He offered to tutor him and also offered to edit his papers, but the second boy never brought it back up and so the boy with dyed orange hair let it go and sulked silently. 

The only other class the two had together was their second period Science class and they didn’t even sit close to each other so they never talked.  Yoongi and the black haired boy wouldn’t even walk together because Yoongi like to walk fast and the second boy liked to chat with his friends.  They were different, very different, but Yoongi thought they’d balance out each other rather than fight.  Maybe that was just positive thinking, maybe it was the truth, but Yoongi would never know.

During lunch, Yoongi would walk around with his best friend, Namjoon, and talk about the latest hip-hop songs as well as girls.  Namjoon had recently formed a crush on a girl he sat next to in math that he began tutoring and their relationship was advancing so much faster than Yoongi’s so he just kept quiet and smiled because he thought that his want and need to be friends with the black haired boy was weird.  Yoongi had told no one about his infatuation with the other boy and didn’t plan on doing so because what if the boy found out?  What if he resented him after that?  And so they continued to walk around the school and talk, Yoongi never uttering a word about the boy who seemed to be on his mind way too much.

Yoongi also had eyes for a girl, though even she couldn’t compare to the raven haired boy.  Yoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter