part 2

Light Up Shoes

 

ok so I wrote this awhile ago and I just wanted neo with children tbh and I'm just going to put it together here.. sorry if this wasn't what anticipated but honestly it's almost two different stories and I would like to apologize in advance. 

 

"No, Sumin, earth is spelled as e-a-r-t-h. you forgot the A," Taekwoon sighed as he reached for the eraser. It had been more than 3 years since they had adopted Sumin, who was currently in kindergarten learning the planets. 

"She has your spelling skills," Taekwoon shuffled over to the kitchen and leaned against the island. He reached over to grab a banana before Hakyeon slapped his arm. 

"It's almost dinner!" he screeched as Taekwoon bit the insides of his cheeks. If their child wasn't there, he would've gladly eaten another option. 

"Dad! How do you spell Uranus?" 

--

"I have news Taekwoonie," Hakyeon propped his elbow on the pillow. Taekwoon tiredly climbed into their bed and lay down comfortably to face him. 

"You know Sumin's parents?" Hakyeon asked gently. Taekwoon nodded. 

"Well, they're due for another child in a couple months. They asked if we would be interested in another adoption," he whispered. Taekwoon felt his heart at his throat. Was he happy? Excited? Nervous? 

"I told them already that we would be more than happy to. I heard that it's going to be a boy too," Hakyeon said.

"A newborn boy? Are you sure you can handle it?" Taekwoon asked worriedly. Hakyeon was a fragile being, and whenever too much stress hit him, it would affect his physical state more than others. Sumin was enough of a hassle when they adopted her when she was barely two. 

"It's another addition to our family, Taekwoon," Hakyeon's hand found his way to Taekwoon's. It had already been way more than 5 years into their marriage, and more than 20 years since they had met. Yet, Taekwoon felt his stomach whoop inside out to the feeling of Hakyeon's warmth beside him. All he had gotten better at over the years was hiding his jittery-ness around Hakyeon. 

"Okay," Taekwoon said simply, as he leaned over to kiss Hakyeon on the nose. Hakyeon had pulled back in amazement. 

"You kissed me! Are you happy? Are you that happy? Wait a second are you just or-" Hakyeon began to blabber when Taekwoon cut him off with a soothing kiss. 

"I think we have to buy you a pacifier too," Taekwoon murmured. 

"You can be my pacifier," Hakyeon murmured back as his took Taekwoon's face in his hands. 

--

"Sumin, your dad and I were thinking about having another baby in the house. What would you think of a little brother?" Hakyeon cooed as he let Sumin settle in his lap. 

"Baby? Where?!" Sumin nearly shrieked as she attempted to lift up Hakyeon's shirt. Admittedly quite startled by the action, Hakyeon quickly pulled his shirt down. 

"Ah, no he's not in my stomach Suminie," Hakyeon laughed nervously. Taekwoon nearly threw his head in his hands; no kindergartener would understand the concept of children between two males, and they both still had no heart to tell their child that she had been adopted. 

"Well see, Sumin-ah," Hakyeon hesitated. Taekwoon nearly fell backwards. They had agreed to tell her of how two men couldn't produce any babies eventually, but he didn't expect Hakyeon to bring anything up at that time. 

"Daddy can't really have children. But dad and daddy really want to make you a big sister. So, we asked a friend if they could give one of their babies for our family," Hakyeon said carefully. Sumin, not only looked confused, but overwhelmingly upset. 

"You take babies from other families?" she said despaired. At least Taekwoon knew their daughter had a heart. 

"No, no! We don't. The parents can't have another baby because their house is too small. So they asked us to take care of them," Hakyeon smiled. Sumin's face grew serious, the most serious Taekwoon has seen her ever in his life. 

Her face unfortunately didn't resemble much of theirs, but Hakyeon swore that she had Taekwoon's eyes. They were sharp and almond shaped, but they looked more like Hakyeon's at the moment with the face she was making. Her brows were furrowed and her lower lip was curved in thought. Her chin was wrinkly like a walnut, and her cheeks were preciously full. His daughter was beautiful, if not beautiful as Hakyeon. It was apparent that Taekwoon had missed an important part of the conversation when Sumin hugged Hakyeon. 

"I love you daddy," Sumin laughed as Hakyeon patted her head. 

"Of course! Both daddy and dad love you very much," Hakyeon laughed as he lifted Sumin up to kiss her stomach. There was an exchange of giggles before Sumin suddenly became serious once more. 

"Daddy. I have homework," she said and ran to get her backpack. 

"Wow. More studious than you," Taekwoon walked over to Hakyeon. 

"Excuse me? I was number one in my whole-" Hakyeon began to say when Taekwoon cut him off. 

"What did you tell her? I didn't hear it all," Taekwoon asked. 

"Oh," Hakyeon sheepishly smiled. 

"When I told her I wasn't capable of babies, she said she knew that boys can't have babies. She also said that there was a time when these girls asked her if she had a mom, but the kindergarten teacher told them that having two dads was the norm in society. I'm not sure if she's fully comprehended the fact that she's adopted yet, but I'm sure she's going to figure it out herself sooner or later," Hakyeon explained, with a heavy sigh following after. 

"I bet she's going to figure out any time soon," Taekwoon said. Hakyeon's eyes searched for Taekwoon's. 

"But why do I feel like crying Taekwoonie?" Hakyeon's voice shook. Taekwoon hated it when Hakyeon would cry. 

"Crybaby," Taekwoon mumbled as he pulled Hakyeon into his arms. 

"What should we name the boy?" Hakyeon's muffled voice came from Taekwoon's shoulder. 

"We can think about that later," 

--

"Do you want something related to su or min? Like Minyool or Jimin..?" Hakyeon asked. Taekwoon honestly didn't know. 

"Let's ask my parents," Taekwoon tiredly took out his phone. They had been name hunting for over three hours, and he was close to giving up to name their child through a name generator. 

"Ohh your parents would come up with something good," Hakyeon clapped to the thought. 

Taekwoon had notified his parents already of the arrival of the new baby, and he was secretly hoping that his parents had thought of possible names. 

"Oh, eomma? Yea, I'm fine thanks. I was just wondering, is there anything we should consider to name our baby?" Taekwoon asked. Hakyeon loved watching Taekwoon talk to his mother. His lips would always curl up when he heard his mother's voice, and his whole tone would become much softer, if not more baby-like. 

"Sang..hyuk?" Taekwoon unsurely looked at Hakyeon. The name related to nothing. Nothing to Sumin, nothing to Hakyeon's parents or his own. It was a name out of the blue that Taekwoon wasn't sure if Hakyeon would like. 

"Sanghyuk?" Hakyeon mouthed. 

"Oh, yea. Thanks mom. I'll call you again soon. Yea, and pictures too. Don't worry. Don't forget to stay healthy- fine! bye!" Taekwoon hung up with a pout. 

"You were taking too long to say bye again," Hakyeon stifled a laugh. Taekwoon's mother would always cut him off at the end of phone calls, which he would always make a pouty face to. 

Hakyeon leaned over and kissed Taekwoon on the forehead and smiled. 

"Sanghyuk? I like it?" Hakyeon grinned. 

"But it's not even related to our names or Sumin's.." Taekwoon muttered. 

--

"Dad! Dad!" Sumin shrieked at the daycare. Taekwoon gave a tired smile and lifted her into his arms. Hakyeon, being a full-time dance teacher (with popular demand also) would usually not be able to pick Sumin up from daycare. Taekwoon had taken care of what he needed to at his own workplace, and had already taken one year of time off to look after Sanghyuk. 

"Dad! Today's the day daddy said he would bring home Sanghyuk! Can we go home? Please, please?" Sumin begged as Taekwoon carried her to the car. He himself had been looking forward to the arrival of the baby for the whole day. 

"Mhm. How do you think he's going to look like?" Taekwoon asked gingerly. He looked at his mirror to see Sumin's face fall deep into thought. 

"Like a baby?" she said almost as if a question. Taekwoon nearly snorted. 

"Yea.. we'll see what he looks like," he said with a small smile. 

It wasn't long before they got back home, as Sumin dragged Taekwoon to the door. 

"Hurry, hurry!" she said excitedly as her small hands grabbed for the doorknob. Taekwoon bit his lip to the action; all he wanted to do was scoop Sumin up into his arms and shower her with affection. He sometimes wanted to hit himself for the soft spot he had for children, not to mention babies. 

"Sumin-ah?" Hakyeon's voice called softly when Taekwoon opened the door. 

"You have to be very quiet, Sanghyuk is sleeping," he cooed as Sumin ran to the living room on her tip-toes. Taekwoon followed, as if he was in a trance as well. 

"Look," Hakyeon welcomed with a smile. In a bundle of blankets was sanghyuk. Taekwoon couldn't help but gasp. 

"I want to see daddy!" Sumin kept her excitement to a whisper. Hakyeon chuckled and bent down to give Sumin a better view. This time, it was clearer to Taekwoon that the siblings looked quite similar; same flat nose and same almond shaped eyes. However, similarity wasn't a big deal when he was trying to hold himself together. He had cried like a baby when he and Hakyeon had Sumin, and he was determined to not show Sanghyuk the same. 

Taekwoon lost his determination in a single second when Sanghyuk's eyes cracked open. 

"He's awake!" Sumin whispered as her eyes grew round. Hakyeon looked surprised as well when Sanghyuk woke up soundlessly. 

"He was crying a lot before you two came though.." he trailed off as he smiled at Sanghyuk. Sumin followed and did the same, as she attempted to cover her eyes to do peek-a-boo. 

Taekwoon took a shaky breath in when he felt his eyes prick with tears. 

"Taekwoonie, do you want him?" Hakyeon stood up. He could only nod in response as Hakyeon carefully passed the baby to him. 

"Sanghyuk," Taekwoon tried the name out. There was a silence before the room was filled with one sound: Sanghyuk's laughter. 

Taekwoon felt a tear roll down his cheek. He looked up to see Hakyeon's face already streaked with tears. 

"Sanghyukkie," Taekwoon took his hand to find Sanghyuk's. He rubbed his finger against Sanghyuk's curled up fist. 

"Welcome to our family." 

 

a/n   I love you all thank you for bearing with me