Chapter 7

Wicked ~ 2nd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 7

“Changmin!!!” Jaejoong rushed to his brother as he got him off the mocking dark altar. Yoochun followed as he immediately tore his robe to bind Changmin’s bleeding wrist. Changmin was still breathing, but he was so weak. Junsu couldn’t move because there’s too much blood; he could only watch in horror as he saw someone came out from the darkness.

“Show yourself!” Yunho shouted to the shadow as he unsheathed his sword, ready to slash it. They’re beyond shocked to see it was no other but the emperor.

“No, no, you shouldn’t have moved him!” the emperor spoke in voice they didn’t recognize,” He is the sacrifice to bring greater good for this kingdom future!”

“…Father, what are you saying?” Junsu couldn’t believe his eyes. He didn’t recognize the old man in front of them. It looked like his father but he could see something dark on the eyes; it scared him.

“Your Highness, please stop this,” Yoochun suddenly spoke; trying to reason,” The war was won and there’s no need for such madness anymore…”

“MADNESS? How dare you?!” the emperor shouted in anger as he swung his arm. Dark shadow followed his movement as it threw Yoochun off the ground.

“Chunnie!” Jaejoong cried out when Yoochun hit one of the pillars as he choked blood. Jaejoong was too shocked to avoid the emperor next shadow attack. Shielding Changmin was the only thing he could do as he closed his eyes. Yet, the pain never came.

“Stop!” Yunho’s voice broke the silence as he shielded his prince,” You can’t possibly hurt your own son, please remember how you love him, Your Highness.”

“Love? Hahahahahaha,” the emperor laughed like a mad man,” DID LOVE STOP THE WAR? DID LOVE SAVE MY BELOVED WIFE? DID LOVE DO ANYTHING AT ALL?!”

None of them moved, they’re didn’t know what to do after seeing the real emperor, how he had changed to a completely different person; if he was still even human. Jaejoong finally moved back as he put Changmin next to the wounded Yoochun.

“Chunnie, please take care of him,” Jaejoong said as Yoochun was about to protest but he couldn’t feel his legs. Yoochun couldn’t get up and the only thing he could do was doing what Jaejoong asked him. He hated to be useless but they still got Yunho. He believed if there’s someone who could stop the mad emperor, it’s Yunho. He knew Yunho would do anything to protect his precious Jaejoong.

“…Father?” Junsu tried his best to not break down as he walked toward the emperor. Yunho was about to stop him but Junsu shook his head. Jaejoong watched in horror as Junsu finally stood in front of their father. He was so afraid Junsu would be hurt too.

“It’s okay…I know you’re only trying your best to protect our kingdom,” Junsu spoke in surprisingly calm voice,” I and Jaejoong hyung will help too, so please don’t shoulder everything on your own.”

Surprisingly, the emperor calmed down after Junsu’s word. They sighed in relief as Junsu slowly hugged the emperor. Jaejoong walked behind Yunho as he couldn’t believe what he saw; maybe, they still could save the emperor from the darkness that swallowed him. Yet, his hope was crushed into dust as he saw black shadow pierced Junsu’s chest.

“JUNSU!!!” Jaejoong screamed in horror when he saw their so-called father threw Junsu away, lifeless on the floor as blood streamed out from his body. It was enough, Jaejoong had enough. In rage, Jaejoong took his sword and marched forward to the mad emperor.

“Jaejoong!” Yunho caught up immediately as both of them threw their blade to the mad emperor. The black shadow stopped the attack as both of them were thrown away. Jaejoong landed up next to Junsu as he lost grip of his sword.

 “Damn it!” Yunho cursed as he was still attacking the mad emperor with his blade. It was useless, every attack was blocked and he could feel the shadow pierced him endlessly, like trying to bleed him to death slowly. Jaejoong watched Yunho’s futile attacks as he desperately crawled to hold Junsu. Junsu was so cold and it made Jaejoong realized he was about to lose every important person in his life.

If you want to live and safe them, make deal with me…an unknown voice Jaejoong heard in his dream echoed in Jaejoong’s head. He wasn’t afraid this time, he was eager. He craved for power to stop the mad emperor, even killing him sounded like a good idea now.

Jaejoong didn’t know what took over him. He got up as he took his sword on the floor. Walking like a corpse, Jaejoong moved toward the mad emperor. Yunho was thrown few meters away as he lost his strength to get up due the blood lost. He watched in horror as Jaejoong marched toward the mad emperor.

“No, Jae! Stop! You have to run!” Yunho cried out; at least, Jaejoong should live. They couldn’t be all dead here, could they? But Jaejoong didn’t answer or stop. He swung his sword toward the mad emperor’s chest as the sword pierced through the shadow and then the heart.

I told you, you are the one who will kill him…Jaejoong ah…And free me…

Yunho couldn’t believe his eyes, nor could Yoochun. They watched the mad emperor’s limp body fell on the floor as Jaejoong let go of his sword. When he turned around, Yunho and Yoochun noticed how pitch black were Jaejoong’s eyes and he was smiling.

“Now…since I got rid of that old hag that had bind me for so long,” Jaejoong spoke using his own voice, but it was like someone or something took him over,” And I finally got my own vessel, I should celebrate, right?”

“…Who’re you? What have you done to Jaejoong?!” Yunho asked as he could feel his eyes water. He couldn’t bear the thought he could or had just lost Jaejoong. He knew whatever made the king went mad had gone inside Jaejoong, it scared him to the bits.

“Hmm…I will need some servants when the time is up for my full awakening,” Jaejoong spoke to himself, ignoring Yunho,” Let’s see, we have four here and two are dying fast…Perfect number…”

Jaejoong walked toward Junsu as he titled his head. He smiled as he touched Junsu’s wound on his chest and began to chant words they couldn’t understand. Soon enough, like nothing had happened, Junsu’s wound closed up and he was breathing normally.

“What have you done to him?” Yunho asked as Jaejoong walked toward him. Before he could say anything more, Yunho fell on the floor, unconscious. Like he did with Junsu, Jaejoong touched Yunho’s wound as he chanted more spell. Soon enough, Yunho was healed and it looked like he was fast asleep.

“Now, what do we have here?” Jaejoong asked in dark voice as he approached Yoochun,” You didn’t say anything as you watched everything…Are you too afraid or amazed by my power?”

“…Both,” Yoochun finally spoke as Jaejoong smiled.

“I like you…” Jaejoong spoke as he touched Changmin and did what he did before. The pain was still binding Yoochun and he could feel his consciousness began to blur away. He still couldn’t feel most of his below and he should be afraid but somehow, he was also curious.

“I don’t think you’ll ever walk again,” finally Jaejoong turned to Yoochun,” At least as human. No worries though, I’m planning to keep you as my favorite one so I won’t erase your memory like I did with all of them…”

“Favorite…one? Memory…?” Yoochun muttered incoherently as his eyes began to feel so heavy. Jaejoong’s smiling face was the last thing he saw before he completely lost his consciousness. Yet, he felt something was lightened inside of him. It was like some part of him that had been sleeping all this time was finally awakened. He could feel he was overflowing with power.

Then everything became clear as water to Yoochun. He knew some dark things the emperor had done. The emperor was trying to conquer something he couldn’t and shouldn’t in the first place. Now, the dark thing had awakened and free. It took over Jaejoong and had done something irreversible to all of them.

Yoochun should be scared but fear wasn’t the only thing he felt. Curiosity, admiration, and content were overflowing inside of him. He felt like he was chosen, they’re chosen for some wicked reason. Maybe, maybe such power was needed to raise their dying kingdom. It was double edge sword, Yoochun knew, but if they could control it, it could bring goodness.

That was the moment Yoochun decided to wait and see how things would turn out, at least for now. Even if they wanted to get rid of the dark thing, they couldn’t do it recklessly. They needed to know what it’s and the way to do it. Drowning in his thought, Yoochun wondered if all of these had been a bad dream. Soon enough, they would all find out.