BURN

BURN

Selina looked out at the window .All she can see are cloud,pure white clouds as the plane hummed and ascend up to the sky.her thoughts are full,and overloaded.She was so confused that she cannot think anymore.When did this things started to happen?How come she never knew and was caught unaware of the whole situation.She trusted him and loved him with her whole heart and now this??? Where did she go wrong?? She wiped the tears that has started to slid down on her face,less the person next to her will see that she has been crying,all along.

She remembered the last time she flew  there to visit him.She sat by a middle aged man,that was a total stranger to her and yet he bared his soul to her.She was quite taken back of what he told him.He is a very much married man who happened to fall to a young girl.He did not say love but he said he was very attracted to this young girl.He is very careful in his words as he described the two woman in his life.The wife a mirror  of strength  and virtues,that any man will be proud of.And the young girl,full of life and zest ,where one can laugh and forget all the bad things around you.She makes him forget about everything.And she has been a total temptations to him.She can see and feel that he is drawn to this young girl and yet told her that he loved his wife.Their kids all grown now.How can one loved his wife and still be drawn to another? it doesn't seem right? She pity the girl and the wife but she pitied the man more for he was so torn between the two.She shook her head at that time,knowing full well that it not going to happen to her.Jiro loves her.Jiro loves her...that is all she can think of....And now...how ironic that she can be a part of that story.....of a love triangle....

She met Jiro at freshman in college.It was an instant attraction for both of them.And before she knew,they were exclusively dating in their sophomore years  and then without the knowledge of her parents,they started living together,on their junior years.They just knew that they love each other,and they thought that it is the most natural thing to do, to live together and playhouse,she as the Mom and a wife and him as the Dad and husband.They made plan for their future.They will find a job and paid off their college loans in two years and then get married after that.Every little things is well structured and planned just like the way Jiro planned his  projects and houses.

Finding a job was a struggle for both of them.Newly graduate with no experiences,they have to star from the bottom with a meager earning.And so when the opportunity came knocking on the door,they bite it right away,even if it will mean living apart.The years that they have been together is enough to create a stable relationship even apart.That's what she thought and that was Jiro thought too.It will only take two to three years the most and then they can get married and be together again.

Jiro has to moved down South where there is a boom in housing and construction...He is an architect after all and New York is saturated already with young people like him.Selina has to stay,as a business graduate,this is where her fields of expertise resides.They promised to visit each other alternately,from every month ,to every three months cause the fare is getting too much of an expense, to every six months....But before they hit the second year of separation....their relationship is in trouble.

She can still remember the whole thing when he admitted to her that there was somebody but he still loves her.She can still remeber how sorry and contrite he was.....

"Selina,I am so sorry. I know it is wrong but I got tempted....Please forgive me.Just take me back and I promise you ,it will never happen again.it is you that I love." as he looked at her.with tears in his eyes.

She has never seen him cried before.In all the years that they have been together,he never cried and he looked so sincere....as she took him back.As she trusted him again with her heart.She loves him.To her  he is the only man for her and there won't be another.....for their love is forever....She smiled at the irony of it all....There is no such thing as forever....and there is no such thing as the two of them together.....as tears fell again.

Jiro sat on the chair.You can see the anguish in his eyes.He felt so guilty for hurting her.He never meant to hurt her.Selina....the girl that she loved and cared for all throughout this years.She is going to be his wife,that is the plan.And now what? He was quite lost....Is it over now for the two of them??? Is she gone now forever in his life?? And where does it leaves him? What about Rainie? What is her place in his life right now?? Is she the one that he loves right now?? He knows he is attracted to her,can't quite put the attraction,but she makes him alive,every time she is near him.He makes him forget,the responsibilities,the commitment, she makes him forgets everything.And he wants to stay by her side all the time....Does it mean he loves her then???

Rainie looked out at the window,from her bedroom.She can see the vast fields that was covered by green grass.She has been restless all day long.She knew that she is coming over to talk to him.Now that everything is in the open,she wondered if she will be judged as the other woman,the evil woman,who wrecked a good relationship.The God up there may not be forgiving and she may end up in hell for this....She didn't mean to hurt them,didn't mean to hurt Selina ,her childhood friend.Tears came ,she never felt so guilty in her life until now,and she never felt more of a sinner until now.She knew that if even ,she ask for forgiveness,Selina will not hear any of it. She is marked for life....

When she met Jiro,there was this some kind of attraction that she never felt before.The constant togetherness,sort of ignite the attraction that she felt for him.She found him appealing , a very easy guy,with a sense of humor  but with principles.And it doesn't help that he can be a true gentleman,everytime they are together.He is something different from all the guys that she met.And before she knew it,she was so in love with him,that she will do anything just to have him,even if it means hurting her own friend in the process.Loving him now,she knows that she cannot just give up on him,she will fight for her love for him ....

There was a knocked on his apartment door,and Jiro doesn't have to guess who is it.There stood Selina in his door.You can see the pain in her eyes.You can see the trace of tears in her face.She just stood there without a word waiting for him to let her in.Without a word,he moved and let her in.He wants to touch her,hug her and kiss her just like before but he knew better than to do that.She will never trust her ever again.To do it the first time is a maybe but to do it the second time????and with the same girl??? He knows this time Selina won't be able to forgive him now,even if he kneel in front of her...

Selina moved inside.She only have a purse in her hand.She flew all the way here with just a purse in her hand.She just needs to talk to him and see if it is even worth saving for.She wants to know if she can trust him again or forever this shadow will be forever between them....She just wants to know if ever ...if Jiro still loves her or if there is any chance that Jiro can love her again without her in the middle of them.She stared at him waiting for an answer.....she knows in her heart,she can still forgive him and she can still give him the chance in her life again,but is he willing to do that??? The answer is all up to him....But she knew right now,she have to take her chance....one last chance before she can  totally close the book between them....

Rainie was so restless and unable to bear the thoughts that Jiro is with Selina right now.She has to go and know where does she stands in his life.As she went to Jiro' apartment....to have the answer to her question....And if he chooses Selina and then...she just have to accept his decisions..but she cannot just stand here and do nothing,knowing that the man that she loves and wants in her life is making the most crucial decisions without her....

Jiro looked at Selina and then Rainie came from out of nowhere as he looked at Rainie and then to Selina....which one would he choose....to hurt them is like hurting himself even more.....and as he took a deep breath....and bit his lips....