Dreams Part 1

Time

Yoona wakes with a start as beads of sweat come running down her face. She immediately wipes it away and turns to look outside the window, flicking the blinds away.

What was that weird dream?

She shakes her head and focuses on the stars twinkling above the night sky. A smile graces her lips as the horror of her dream slowly fades away into the farthest regions of her mind.

We’ll always be under the same sky.

A voice echoes in her mind and her eyes fill with wonder at the thought.

I wonder who said that, though… that voice was so familiar.

Thoughts run around her head like crazy and in no time, she positions herself into a thinking stature – her back slouching a bit, her chin resting on her right hand and her left hand supporting the right one while lying on her lap. A scowl also presents itself on her face as her eyebrows knit together in deep thought.

The clock continues to tick away in the corner as time continues to pass. The stars continue to twinkle up above the night sky as the city of Seoul drifts into sleep as if some lullaby rang and hushed it to slumber, deep slumber. Yet despite the seemingly stillness of the night, some buildings remain in light; some people are still wide awake and one of them is Yoona.

Seconds, minutes have gone by but she’s still in the same position. The only thing that has changed is that her frown grows deeper and deeper and her eyes travel way back in her memory; Yoona is absorbed in her reverie.

Everything in the room is calm and still, like something is holding the place still, something is momentarily stopping motion, someone is holding a breath. Until…

Yoona suddenly jerks back to reality and out of her daze and immediately shakes her head desperately. The stillness goes out and it’s as if that someone has already breathed out and by doing so, breathed life once more in the four-cornered enclosure.

She takes slow, deep breaths trying to still and calm herself, at the same time, rid herself of the thought that came upon her while she was thoroughly searching for answers to the questions that has stumbled upon her.

Why that thought and memory? Why did I stir to that direction?

She frowns in frustration at her own actions, her thoughts particularly.

Stupid me! Stupid me! Stupid me!!!

Her eyes shut forcefully as she chides (or rather scolds) herself mentally for coming to that point. For remembering stuff she wasn’t supposed to.

She begins hitting the sheets, releasing her frustrations, when another thought pops in her head. She abruptly stops her outburst as she considers the idea forming in her head.

They warned me not to, they told me not to try and force myself, to try and not to remember but just go on. However, why do I get glimpses of those things in my dreams? Why do I still…?

Her thought remains hanging and discontinued as a tear falls down her face. She becomes aware of the sudden fall that her hands automatically wipe it away, but another falls, then another, and another, and no sooner, it was already as if there’s a waterfall pouring out from her eyes.

Why? Why…? W-why??

Her continuing thoughts as she continues to try and stop the tears making their way out. Strangely, no sobs escape her; just pure tears making themselves out, escaping from her hold.

Time still quietly ticks by, seconds passing to minutes and minutes to hours, each passing moment slowly becoming a memory. Sleep has once again dawned on Yoona as her eyes grow weary from crying for which its nature she still hasn’t known and identified yet feels quite right at the same time.

B-but…

She wonders sleepily, as she slowly slumps back to her pillow and lies on her bed, a bit shaken and disgruntled.

“H-how come…” her voice comes out shaky from the crying.

“Why do I feel that that voice…”

Her words once more hang in the air as her eyes blink lazily, slowly drifting and succumbing to sleep.

“Why did I ever…”

A thought begins to process in her head again but she quickly rids it off before it completely forms into something and might cause some unexpected happening with a slow and listless shaking of her head.

She stares sleepily at the ceiling above her, trying to fend off sleep and drowsiness to continue on with her thinking to identify the owner of the voice she heard. However, her attempts are futile as her eyes begin closing by themselves despite her willing them not to. Sleep’s power is just too great for Im Yoona to handle and her body is just too tired to even comply with her mind.

But, it’s only her eyes that’s on the verge of sleeping, not her mind. Or at least, not yet.

Yoona’s sleeping figure is just as angelic as her awake, yet much more than it. She’s like a very beautiful and wonderful piece of art, a masterpiece, set to be frozen forever in place. Her physical body shows no signs of movement yet her mind continues on racing down, even at the last second, trying to battle sleep out of its consciousness.

But why though? Above all things, why that?

She tries scrunching her brows to a frown but she can only feel slight movements on her face.

Even that?!

Now, she just feels enraged.

Is this really happening? I can’t control my thoughts, now even my own body? What is happening?!

She then tries opening her eyes, even just a squint, even just a small gap, but her attempts are unsuccessful. Her eyes just won’t open despite her really wanting them to.

She mentally groans and eventually gives up on the attempt of even waking her physical body.

I guess I’m THAT tired, huh?

She wonders in her head, addressing herself, sarcasm evident in the tone of her voice, or in this case, her thoughts.

She mentally smirks and shakes her head. Inside her, especially her mind, a lot is going on, a lot is being processed and thought of. Yet outside, barely a movement present, hardly a thing out of place from her earlier position when she laid back on her bed.

Just shut up and rest, Im Yoona.

She seems to be answering herself in her thoughts, as an alter ego forms itself on her mind.

She mentally rolls her eyes and answers back to her own voice, or thoughts.

Fine, fine. I’ll sleep. But…

Her thoughts end there as…

“Why…?” her words come out as a whisper, slowly fading far, far away and getting swallowed by silence as she’s finally beaten by sleep.

Yet somehow, a lone tear escapes her eyes just after she utters the last word, after the last question before finally going off to dreamland again.

The room remains silent after. No sound, no movements, no disturbances, nothing. Nothing seems out of order, out of place after Yoona fell asleep once more. Nothing makes nothing out of all the things and the person in the room. Nothing, but the clock on Yoona’s bedside table, quietly ticking away, its hands slowly and quietly passing each time, each moment.

Time still continues on to pass and quietly lets moments turn to memories. To dreamland is her destination yet no dream visits her as she lies there peacefully in her bed, with her thoughts best kept and stored in the depths of her mind.

 

 

Morning has come and Yoona is woken up by the sunlight streaming down her through the blinds. She reflexively shields her eyes as she winces by the sudden contact of light to her sleep-ridden eyes.

“Ughh…”

She groans as she turns over and covers herself with the blanket and cowers like a cocoon in her bed. She heavily shuts her eyes, willing herself to fall back to the comforts of sleep.

Tension is evident on her face, but after a few seconds, she begins to relax. However, despite this angelic yet entertaining sight, a shadow comes running silently to Yoona’s room.

Slowly, the door creaks open – slowly, very slowly and eerie at the same time. The tranquil laid Yoona doesn’t even move at the sound. So absorbed is she in sleeping, or on its verge, that she gives no care to whatever’s going on in the world. As long as she has sleep, she’s going to be fine.

You’re becoming more and more like her.

A thought begins creeping throughout the room as light, tender footsteps barely audible enters the room’s parameter and walks its length, carefully taking everything in, surveying the whole place before ending at Yoona’s bed. There, the stranger casts its shadows before the sleeping doe-eyed girl.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Here it is everyone! Sorry for the long wait. Again. School stuff got me working. -.-

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! ^^