Chapter 1 - Encounter

Unlucky Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Perfect doesn't have a real definition,

under all the perfect is imperfection

 

It's been 10 months since SoJin came to study here in New York and 3 months since she has contacted home. She shifted her attention towards the clock of the wall, it was already late in the afternoon, and she did absolutely nothing today. She threw her head back on the bed, making the matress bounce up a bit and let out a deep sigh.

"I hate life."

Reluctantly she picked herself up from the bed and strolled towards the kitchen. She opened the fridge half-way, but just to groan seconds after seeing the fridge was close to empty. She dress into a simple white t-shirt with a black skater skirt and spared her room a glance before turning off the lights. The bed just seemed like a much better option. Regardless, she ran the comb against her hair to make it more presentable and headed right out.  

She stepped onto the train and counted the stops on the LED board before she would reach her destination. Slightly disappointed that there were no seats available, she stood next the wall with her head against the against it, paying half attention at the line of advertisments zooming right past the train.

SoJin had a natural instinct for people that were staring at her, and as much as she wanted to believe that everything was fine, the stare, which she found on the glass of the train door behind her back was telling her otherwise. She avoided the stranger's flirtatious stares and focused on her phone screen instead. The device responded to her touch and notifications poped right up.

 

5 missed calls from Mom. 

 

She placed her phone back into her pocket and closed her eyes, but just to open them a few seconds afterwards. 'ing Jesus what does he want?'

Disturbed by the stares behind her, she glared directly at the stalker behind her, the one that has been looking at her since she stepped on this train. He was a man around his mid thirties. Slightly bald with glasses sittting on top of his nose and a round belly, which SoJin assumed was the affect of drinking too much beer. The stalker noticed their eye-contact and moved to her, placing his hand on her left shoulder.

"You have a pretty face." He said and scanned SoJin's body up and down with a erted gaze.

Instinctively, SoJin steped back and tried to push the man's hand off her shoulder. However, the man wasn't even bulging. "Who are you and get your dirty hands off me." 

The man simply laughed at her weak struggles and held her firmly within his grip; getting the upperhand in the situation due to his strength. "You're lucky that you have a pretty face young lady, if you please me well, I can buy you or get you anything you want." 

SoJin wanted to throw-up. People should really have more respect for women or maybe some respect for themselves. She ran her fingers through her hair frustratedly and pushed the stranger harshly away from her. "You're absoulutely disgusting."

Just at the right time, the train came to an abrupt stop and the male lost his balance and fell down. SoJin wasn't one to turn a blind eye to people in need, but in reality, he deserved it fair-and-square. Slyly, SoJin wanted to move away from the scene, but the male stopped her by holding on to her hand after regaining his balance. "You little . How dare you push me down." Completely speechless at the accusation, SoJin froze at her spot. Unable to move.

The man raised his hand, attempting to slap SoJin, but right before his hand made contact with her right cheek, a hand held the man's arm in place. SoJin pried one of her eyes open, and after knowing that she was in a safer situation, she opened up both of her eyes and stifted her gaze upwards to her saviour. It was a young boy around his late teens or early twenties. He had short, dark brown hair and was wearing a hoodie with black pants, something so casual yet so formal at the same time. She couldn't see his face as his back was facing her, but it's not like it mattered to her anyway.

"I saw you, you harrassed this young lady and now you're accusing her of something she obviously didn't do. Wow, how low can you get?"

The older male was fuming with anger yet somehow embarrassed that he got caught. "I don't care, I fell down and I expect an apology from her. You better step out of this young man, you don't know who you are messing with right now."

SoJin was about to say something when the younger male let out a scoff and glared at the man before them. "You're the one who doesn't know who you're messing with. I suggest you be careful with your words right now. We don't want to be calling the police."

"You can't do no about it, what evidence do you have?" 

SoJin didn't want to make it a huge deal either, calling the police would mean calling her parents. SoJin grimaced at all the nagging her parents would induce as she imagined the scene. The younger boy coughed at the realiza

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter