Beach // NJ

Drabbles and Oneshots of BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[NAMJIN] ; Lifeguard!Jin and Surfer!Namjoon. 

Namjoon is a little that refuses to listen to the lifeguard. 

Leaning back in his lifeguard chair, Jin sighed and lazily looked out around the beach. There were barely ten people withn the 1-mile radius his eyes could see. Even the pier that was usually overflowing with fishermen barely had fifteen people on it. To be fair, it was only seven in the morning but even so Jin was used to the summer time rush that brough throngs of vacationers to the beach as early as four am. This weekend was the first one after summer had officially ended and Jin was glad to see the amount of children decreasing and the amount of dogs increasing. Just as he was about to shut his eyes to catch a few seconds of sleep, something out in the water caught his eyes.

A crazy surfer was about a good fifteen feet pastthe boundary buoys. Shaking his head at the common occurance, Jin blew his whistle as he signaled at the surfer. He went unnoticed at first and only after blowing his whistle another three times did the surfer turn around to face Jin. Even then, the surfer mistook his hand signal as a geeting and waved back at him.

"What a dork," Jin muttered to himself. If Jin wasn't so frustrated, he might have thought it was cute--in a really dorky way of course. But Jin had been up since five and the last thing he wanted was to get in trouble because of a stupid surfer. Throwing the boy the most threatening look he could muster up, he shrilled his whistle for a good ten seconds, probably rendering everyone near him a severe earache. He saw a couple of people move away from him from the corner of his eyes but he had to do what he had to do. Jin pulled his binoculars up to his eyes to observe the surfer better. The surfer simply smirked before sticking his eyes out at Jin and surfing even farther away from the buoys. 

"What the ." Jin was pissed. Just because Jin seemed around the sufer's age did he think he didn't have to listen to him?! Jin put down his binoculars and reached for the megaphone that hung on his chair. Seeing this, the few vacationers that sat within a twenty feet radius of him all moved away to find a quieter spot which just further fueled Jin's rage towards the surfer. Now people probably thought he was annoying. Great. 

"PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO THE SHORE AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN. IF YOU DEFY ORDERS ANY FURTHER, I WILL HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO FINE YOU," Jin yelled through the megaphone. Okay so maybe fining people wasn't in his jurisdiction but the surfer didn't need to know that. Jin looked through his binoculars again and chuckled to himself when he saw the angry look on the surfer's face. No matter how mad he was, Jin had to admit the boy was rather attractive. His hair was a dark, dirty blonde and his tanned skin provided a striking contrast to him that made him look beautiful. Every feature on his face was sharp and well-defined but Jin thinks he liked his lips the best. He didn't have time to dwell on it any further however as the surfer stormed over to him the minute he reached the shore. He stood at the base of Jin's lifeguard chair and looked up at him, dripping and angry. 

"What the hell man?! What is your problem?!" He seethed. 

"My problem?!" Jin was dumbfounded. The nerve this guy had! "What the hell is your problem?!" 

"I didn't even do anything!" the blonde complained.

"You were like twenty feet past the boundary! How is that nothing?!" 

"I wasn't hurting anyone!" 

"I'm about to hurt you if you don't shut the up" Jin replied, staring straight into the boy's eyes.

"ExCUSE me?" he replied, appalled at Jin's comment. 

"You heard me. Just like you heard my whistle out there but refused to follow orders," Jin accused.

"Aw boo. Not used to people denying you, huh pretty boy?" the surfer smirked. Jin didn't know what happened but the conversation suddenly shifted course.

"What?" he asked, his eyes widening at the boy below him. The surfer simply chuckled at Jin. 

"You heard me," he teased, repeating Jin's words from earlier. 

"Did you just call me a pretty boy?" Jin asked, incredulously.

"Don't pretend to be surprised. I'm sure you get that from girls all the time. Especially with you being a lifeguard and what not," the boy smirked. He smirks a lot, Jin thought to himself. The boy had an aura of cockiness coming from him and for reasons unknown to even himself, Jin found it kind of attractive.

"Well...yeah. But I'm gay so it usually doesn't mean much," he replied. He felt kind of shy and embarassed all of a sudden but like hell if he was gonna let the other boy know that. "Glad I turn on the boys as well, though" Jin smirked, trailing his eyes down the other's body with a delibrately predatory look.

"Woah slow down there. I jsut said you were attractive," the surfer replied, "I didn't say you ."

Jin scoffed, "Trust me, I can."

"I don't know about that. Wanna find out?" the surfer smirked right back. He was enjoying the harmless flirting that was taking place and there was no way he was going to be the first one to stop he decided. The flirting had slowly become too much for Jin who felt himself being attracted to the boy more and more and before he knew what he was saying, the word "yeah" left his mouth.

"Uh w-what?" the boy below him stuttered. By the way he his lips nervously, Jin could tell he hadn't expected Jin to actually agree. But he didn't look particularly upset either and when his teeth poked out to bite at his plump lips, Jin lost all sense of rational thinking. 

Getting down from his chair, he grabbed the surfer's wrist and led him away. "Let's find out."

-

Jin had led the surfer to the lifeguards' shack before letting go of his wrist and calling one of his lifeguard friends, Yoongi, to the counter. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter