Final

Of Priests, Holy Water, and Garlic Pizza

EDIT (JUNE 2, 2015): Siwon's an incubus, as succubus are only female, sorry for the mistake!

 

Ryeowook glared at the petulant young man seated on his couch, pouting like a scolded child. "Kyuhyun," he sighed. "I thought we went over this." Kyuhyun stubbornly averted his eyes. "You CANNOT run over the priest just because he called you a vampire!"

 

"He threw holy water at me!"

 

"You're pale as a sheet, you don't go outside, and you have a severe aversion to garlic! Of course he's going to throw holy water!"

 

"It got in my eye and I felt offended! So I ran him over with Youngwoon-hyung's truck!"

 

"But you ARE a vampire! And that doesn't excuse your behavior either!"

 

Kyuhyun groaned and flopped face first into the couch while Ryeowook crossed his arms over his chest and scowled at the vampire. "You're going to the hospital tomorrow and apologizing to Father Lim-" Kyuhyun's scream of protest was muffled by the couch cushions. "-and that's final!"

 

Kyuhyun's writhing came to an abrupt halt, the only sound in the room being Ryeowook's heavy breathing. "...Final...?" He turned his head to reveal blood red eyes boring holes into the older man's body. Kyuhyun dragged himself up and began to stalk towards the man, towering menacingly over him.

 

Ryeowook's heart began racing-out of fear or of anticipation, he didn't know-as he stumbled backwards until his back hit the wall, Kyuhyun's hand slamming into the wall right next to his head. Kyuhyun brought his head closer to Ryeowook's, until Ryeowook could feel his hot breath ghosting over his neck.

 

Kyuhyun's eyes were fixed on the slightly tanned skin of Ryeowook's neck, and he swiped his tongue over his plump lips. Sweat rolled down Ryeowook's forehead as he watched as Kyuhyun's intense gaze go from his neck to his lips. They stood there for what seemed like an eternity until Kyuhyun began to slowly lower his head and Ryeowook could feel Kyuhyun's nose brushing his and breath tickling his nose-!

 

"...But let's be real-"

 

And Kyuhyun's presence left, leaving an extremely embarrassed and frustrated Ryeowook gaping unabashedly at the smirking vampire now in front of him. "-we both know that I'm the real one in charge."

 

Slim fingers slipped under Ryeowook's chin and tilted it up so that the human was staring into his crimson orbs. "A human like you isn't able to control a vampire like me."

 

Ryeowook's breath caught in his throat and he clenched his fists, winding one up and-!

 

-the door slammed behind him, leaving Kyuhyun in a heap on the floor, whining in pain and protecting his throbbing stomach from any more abuse. "It was just a joke..." He croaked.

 

 

Hours passed and the aching had subsided, but Ryeowook still hadn't come home and Kyuhyun was getting worried. For a mortal, the world outside was dangerous, filled with terrifying creatures.

 

It was almost the full moon, what if the werewolf pack had gotten him? But Kangin wouldn't let that happen; the pack leader had always had a soft spot for the human ever since Ryeowook gave food to them during the hard winter.

 

He scowled when he remembered the incubus across the hall, Siwon, who always had his eye on Ryeowook. Kyuhyun saw how his eyes always followed Ryeowook when he went to work, hungry gaze always fixated on the way Ryeowook's hips would swing side to side as he walked.

 

Kyuhyun's hands curled up into a fist and he glared ferociously at the door. He would wait ten seconds. Ten seconds and then he would go out looking for Ryeowook. To hell with the dangers of the night, Ryeowook was out there alone and Kyuhyun would be damned if he was going to let him get hurt.

 

But it wasn't even two seconds that he had made up his mind before he heard the sound of the door unlocking and Ryeowook's cheerful humming. Kyuhyun was startled, he hadn't smelled Ryeowook coming, but he leaped off the couch and bounded towards the entryway. He rounded the corner and caught sight of his roommate's grinning face when-!

 

"Elizabeth's blood, Ryeowook, what is that smell?!"

 

The smaller man shrugged innocently and sniffed at his jacket cuff. "Sungmin and I went out for pizza." Kyuhyun doubled over and staggered away, gagging and clutching at his throat. "It may or may not have had garlic."

 

"GARLIC?" Kyuhyun ran a towel under the faucet and slapped it over his nose and mouth. "Ryeowook!"

 

Ryeowook sniffed and took off his coat, throwing it haphazardly on the countertop. "It was a special," he defended. "And I'm behind on the rent, so this worked out."

 

Kyuhyun frowned, even though Ryeowook couldn't see it from behind the towel still pressed to Kyuhyun's face. "Yes yes, but garlic?! Why would you do this to me?"

 

"Why would you run over the priest?" Ryeowook snapped. "If you can run over Father Lim, then I can eat garlic pizza."

 

"But where am I gonna sleep?"

 

Ryeowook frowned. Kyuhyun's bed had broken after Changmin, Kyuhyun's best friend and a half-siren, had come over to play games. After a game had gone wrong, the two began fighting and eventually broke the frame of the bed. Needless to say, neither man was given any dinner that night.

 

Kyuhyun had been sleeping in Ryeowook's bed with him ever since, not that Ryeowook was complaining.

 

But the human only shrugged and his heel, bringing his hands to the hem of his shirt to pull it over his head, revealing tanned abs that Kyuhyun had to strain to tear his eyes away from. "Our couch is a pullout, remember?"

 

"Ryeowook, you can't be serious!" Kyuhyun was answered by the slam of the door and a stream of tinkling laughter. "My pillow is still in there!"

 

The door opened and the aforementioned pillow hit him square in the face, followed by a heavy blanket that knocked him to the ground.

 

 

When Kyuhyun woke up from the first rays of the dawn shining through the window, he realized two things: one, the couch was a lot more uncomfortable than he had remembered, and two, he had been joined by a visitor sometime in the night.

 

Kyuhyun looked down to see Ryeowook's sleep mussed hair peeking out of the covers and felt his arms wrapped loosely around his body. But even that tiny movement Kyuhyun made had woken Ryeowook up and the vampire's heart fluttered when the older man let out a tiny whine and snuggled closer to him.

 

"Kyu?" Ryeowook mumbled, voice slurred from sleep. "I'm sorry."

 

"For what?"

 

"I shouldn't have eaten garlic to spite you," Kyuhyun let a small smile creep onto his face and rested his chin on the top of Ryeowook's head.

 

"Yeah, I probably shouldn't have run over the priest either."

 

"Damn straight."

 

Kyuhyun laughed and even Ryeowook let out a small sleepy giggle. But something was still niggling at the back of Kyuhyun's mind. "Why didn't you tell me you were behind on rent?" Ryeowook groaned and buried his face into Kyuhyun's side. "Ryeong, I could've helped you!"

 

"You already live with me to protect me," Ryeowook sighed. "I can't ask you for any more than that." Kyuhyun snorted and brought the human closer, fitting him snugly in the crook of his neck. "And if I can't even fend for myself, I don't deserve to be cared for."

 

"That's not true."

 

"Kyu-" Ryeowook blindly clapped his hand over Kyuhyun's mouth. "-let's not right now, please?"

 

The vampire frowned but grudgingly nodded. Ryeowook smiled and dropped his hand, drowsily intertwining it with Kyuhyun's. A light blush spread across Kyuhyun's face and he tried to resist the urge to inhale the human's sweet scent.

 

"Good night Kyu."

 

"Night Ryeong."

 

A few minutes passed in contented silence and Kyuhyun was just about to nod off when Ryeowook shifted beside him.

 

"Don't think this means that you're off the hook, you're still going to apologize to Father Lim."

 

"...."

 

I had an unnatural amount of fun writing this! A little bit of a break from my other fic, but I had to get this out of my system haha! Comments are greatly appreciated~

~Rin