Run, Baby, Run

Check Yes, Kyungsoo

Check yes, Juliet

Are you with me?

Rain is falling down on the sidewalk

I won't go until you come outside

Check yes, Juliet

Kill the limbo

I'll keep tossing rocks at your window

There's no turning back for us tonight

 

The rain pelting at his bedroom window did nothing to improve Kyungsoo’s focus on the book and notes he laid on his desk. In fact, he swore he’d tried to read the same paragraph for the fifth time, but he can’t afford to stop reviewing now – not when his Social Sciences exam mattered a lot for his grades. His dad would surely kill him if he failed this exam.

Pap!

Did something just…

“Soo!”

Kyungsoo looked at the window in bewilderment, and at that moment, he saw a pebble hit the glass. Confused, he opened the window but didn’t stick his head out too much – he really didn’t want another bath that night.

“Soo!”

The sight of the umbrella-toting tanned male at the porch of his backyard had Kyungsoo blinking. How had Jongin managed to climb their five-foot locked fence? How did he get here, at this side of their large town, when he lived at the other end? Why was he here in the first place?

“Jongin? What are you doing here!?” he kept his voice hushed, knowing that if he shouted, his parents downstairs would certainly hear him. And the last thing he wanted was them catching Jongin at their backyard.

“Soo, come with me! Me and the guys are playing at Baekhyun’s party tonight! It’ll be fun!” Jongin loudly whispered back, thankful that the rain made his voice a little hard to hear.

A party at Baekhyun’s? Sounds awesome, considering that he throws the craziest parties in their high school. But of course, the best would be seeing Jongin’s band play. EXO is an indie band, but they had serious talent. The medals they got at the talent shows in school proved that. To be honest, there’s nothing more he’d rather be doing, but then…

“I can’t! My parents are home, and I have a test tomorrow!” His voice raised when the rain poured much more heavily.

“Kyungsoo? Is everything alright?” His mother hollered from the living room.

“Y-Yeah, mom! Just talking to Sehun on the phone!” Kyungsoo stuttered. He then faced the waiting Jongin and made slashing motions across his neck to say that they’ll both be dead meat if they get caught. He shut his window and moved back to his desk, when a stone came crashing through the glass.

Oh no!

“Kyungsoo? What happened?” The voice of his father echoed, accompanied by footsteps. Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, and thankfully, the teen had enough common knowledge to flee the scene. In a moment of panic, Kyungsoo intentionally broke the table lamp by his desk.

“Kyungsoo?”

“A-Ah, I just accidentally b-bumped my lamp. Nothing to worry about.” He nervously answered, crouching to pick up the broken glass shards and the red lamp.

“Oh, well, use a broom for that. You might cut yourself.” His father lightly smiled before leaving his only son to his business.

Whew, he bought it. Kyungsoo thought with a deep sigh, relieved that they had no inkling of the presence of the teen they highly disliked who was standing at their backyard a couple of minutes ago.

 

Lace up your shoes

Ayo ayo

Here's how we do

 

“No, I really can’t! You know how my parents are!” Kyungsoo hissed at Minseok, who was at the other end of the line. After Jongin came Minseok’s call, also convincing him to go to the party. He was Kyungsoo’s best friend, and as such, he understood Kyungsoo’s dilemma the most, but that apparently won’t stop him from convincing Kyungsoo to watch Jongin’s band.

“Nonsense! If there’s a will, there’s a way! Don’t you like Jongin? Besides, you could do with some teen rebellion! You’re going to go crazy if you stay cooped up in your room to study, y’know!” Minseok laughed over the phone.

Kyungsoo frowned. “E-Even if I wanted to go, I really can’t. My parents would catch me sneaking out with their car!”

If he only had his own car, he could’ve snuck out with it, but that wasn’t the case. It was bad enough that he wasn’t allowed to learn how to drive like the others his age (but Jongin helped with that, secretly, of course), but even if he knew now how to, his parents usually had the keys, and Jongin hasn’t taught him how to hotwire a car (not that Kyungsoo is even expecting that Jongin knows that).

“And that’s where I come in!” Minseok chirped in that happy-go-lucky way of his.

“Huh?”

“Look out your window, 3 blocks down your house, dummy!”

He did look, and he saw a car amidst the rainshower, its headlights cutting through the dark.

Kyungsoo mentally facepalmed, having forgotten that Minseok knows how to drive and has his own car, even. Lucky him.

“I’ll leave in ten minutes with or without you, Soo. See ya~.” Minseok said last before he hung up the phone.

Kyungsoo bit his lip, contemplating on what he should do. He’s lived all his life doing what was expected of him, and he rarely, if ever, disobeyed his parents. Even if he and Jongin were basically sending off crazy sparks ever since that afternoon that he saw the tanned male playing in the garage of Chanyeol’s house ten blocks down the road, he didn’t pursue his feelings for Jongin because his parents saw the guy as a bad influence and a kid out of his path.

But Jongin was hardly anything but a bad influence. He was the one who discovered that Kyungsoo actually had an awesome voice, he taught the smaller male how to play the guitar, and how to drive. And more surprisingly at that, Jongin was good at memorizing stuff, which he used to help Kyungsoo learn what he needed to for Social Science.

And that picture of a semi-sweaty Jongin rocking with a guitar on a small podium at Baekhyun’s party – sent to him by a leering Luhan – was making this all the more harder to think over.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this…” he muttered over and over as he swiped a gray hoodie out of his closet, pulling it over his head, and soon followed a pair of dark jeans and his shoelaces being laced tightly out of nervousness.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this!” he muttered over and over again as he grabbed his keys and an umbrella, and even more so, as he climbed down the trellis directly below his bedroom window.

The sound of squishing grass, mud and water was too loud for Kyungsoo’s taste, but he ran to the back gate anyway, unlocking it as fast as his shaking hands could muster, and he ran down the street, breathing erratically, even if he had successfully jammed himself in Minseok’s car.

“DRIVE!”

 

Run, baby, run

Don't ever look back

They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be

Run, baby, run, forever we'll be

You and me

 

Minseok floored it, paying no attention to Jongdae’s strangled gasp of surprise as the car sped down the wet road. But Kyungsoo didn’t mind – he was far too busy calming down his adrenaline-filled heart and the loud beating in his ears to pay any attention to anything else.

“Alright! Kyungsoo’s first real foray into total rebellion!” Minseok whooped, elated.

Kyungsoo hissed at him but didn’t say a word, far too entertained by the clammy feeling of his hands as the dread that his parents, by now, must’ve realized that he snuck out and was looking for him.

“Aw, Kyungsoo, c’mon! Don’t be scared! Your parents are probably none the wiser!” Jongdae grinned at him, but he was proven wrong by the pair of headlights shining dimly from behind them.

“Huh, would you look at that.”

The smaller teen didn’t need to look back to know what that meant. He knew that if he did, the guilt would only eat him alive, that he’d make Minseok stop the car, then he’d be fetched by his parents, and he’ll lose all opportunities of ever seeing Jongin again.

What mattered most now was Jongin.

Looking back would tear them apart, and Kyungsoo wasn’t going to let that happen. Not ever.

 

Check yes, Juliet

I'll be waiting

Wishing, wanting yours for the taking

Just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye

Check yes, Juliet

Here's the countdown:

3, 2, 1, now fall in my arms now

They can change the locks, don't let them change your mind

 

An awful lot of cars were outside Baekhyun’s house, and the party looked like it was in full swing with all the lights and loud music. Most of the rain had cleared up at that point, so Kyungsoo saw no need for the umbrella he had with him. Rolling his sleeves up, he turned to the two with him.

“Let’s go in. I feel like my parents would show up any minute now.”

He was as nervous as Jongin, who was inside but looked like he wanted to be somewhere else instead. Sipping on a vodka mix did nothing to improve his gloomy mood at not having Kyungsoo by his side at the party. The attention of the girls and everyone else was nice, but he wanted to see Kyungsoo’s smile much more.

“Dude, we’re waiting for you onstage.” Someone tapped him on the shoulder, bringing him out of his sulking. Judging by the voice, it could only be Chanyeol.

“Sorry, man. I’ll get there now.”

Jongin carried his mood onstage, yet as soon as he picked up his guitar and faced the crowd, the familiar face of Do Kyungsoo looking up at him with bright eyes was more than enough to energize him to play.

“ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!?” Jongin shouted, earning him an ear-piercing reaction from the crowd.

Chanyeol, from the side, smiled a dopey grin. Of course, he’d also spotted Kyungsoo, and it took him less than a moment to figure out that Jongin’s mood was because of him. Not that he couldn’t relate – after all, the sight of Baekhyun singing along at the front of the crowd made him feel like he could conquer the world through his furious drum beats as well.

“1! 2! 1-2-3-4!”

 

Lace up your shoes

Ayo ayo

Here's how we do

 

Run, baby, run

Don't ever look back

They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be

Run, baby, run, forever we'll be

You and me

 

He loved how Kyungsoo’s eyes sparkled as he watched him play like there’s no tomorrow. If he wasn’t in the middle of riffing his guitar for the song, he was sure that he would’ve hugged Kyungsoo tightly by now, then he would’ve locked him up. Being that adorable, blushing cherry red while he watched with those big, shiny eyes, was illegal and criminal. Well, he knew that sending the smaller male sights of his y winks and lip bites was also illegal, but no one was saying anything about it, not when everyone else interpreted it as fanservice anyway.

After the song, Jongin could hardly keep his excitement and basically jumped off the podium, running to his adorable Kyungsoo and crushing him in a bear hug.

“Ew, Jongin, you’re sweaty.” Kyungsoo chuckled as he buried his face at Jongin’s shoulder.

“I look hotter that way, don’t you think?” he teased, which earned him a playful punch.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” Jongin expressed his disbelief, staring right at Kyungsoo’s eyes, before he flashed a playful smile. “Didn’t you have an exam tomorrow?”

“Well, I have a very persistent best friend.” Kyungsoo laughed. “Besides, I told you I’d watch all your gigs, right?”

They remained in each other’s arms, appreciating each other’s warmth. Of all the things that Kyungsoo loved the most about Jongin, it was the feeling of protection and care he could feel from him. Being in his arms only reinforced that.

“Let’s hang out at my house. As much as I love the party, I’d rather have a night alone with you.” Jongin mumbled with a contented sigh.

And honestly, there was nothing more that Kyungsoo would rather do as well. He didn’t belong in large, boisterous parties, but he knew he belonged by Jongin’s side, and wherever he is, Kyungsoo would rather go there, too.

 

We're flying through the night

We're flying through the night

Way up high

The view from here is getting better with you by my side

 

Run, baby, run

Don't ever look back

They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be

Run, baby, run, forever we'll be

 

And they were off, grinning and laughing like crazy as Jongin dragged the two of them to his car, the same car that he would sometimes drive Kyungsoo in, and the one that Kyungsoo nearly crashed at a fire hydrant when he was still learning how to drive.

He didn’t care if Chanyeol wanted to have an impromptu performance again later – Yifan could fill in for him if that happened. All he cared about was that Kyungsoo was with him. Him and only him.

The two didn’t even notice the Do family car pull up a few spaces away from them, or that Mr. Do stormed inside the house in a futile attempt to look for his son. They didn’t notice that Kyungsoo’s mom saw them running towards Jongin’s car and as they hastily drove off.

All they cared about was being with each other, Jongin driving them off to the other side of the town, Kyungsoo beside him, his head resting on Jongin’s shoulder, and the radio playing some old cheesy 90’s song that the two of them most certainly would not find remotely enjoying on a normal day. Jongin knew that doing anything farther than kissing was an idea that Kyungsoo didn’t even want to entertain, but it didn’t matter, not when all he ever really wanted was Kyungsoo by his side.

You and me, Soo.

 

Run, baby, run

Don't ever look back

They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be

Run, baby, run, forever we'll be

You and me

 

Kyungsoo knew that he wouldn’t regret sneaking out to be with Jongin, but he would hate facing the consequences of his actions. But he would bear it, because Jongin was worth it.

He knew doom when it came to him. And it came to him in the form of his vibrating phone.

“Ugh, here comes the barrage of texts from my parents.”

He fully expected his parents to be angry. He really did, and honestly, it would be normal.

But that wasn’t what he got.

From: Mom

Be home by 12, honey. Make sure you get driven home – the streets are dangerous at that time. Love you.

Jongin and Kyungsoo laughed.

 

You and me

You and me

 

 


 

I honestly don't know what I wrote ahahaha! I just love Kaisoo too much. Ugh. disgusting babies.

lord how disgusting ugh stop it u 2 my kokoro is dokidokiing