Baektao -- Cacosyntheton: the Story of You and I -- Final

And the Scarlet Red was Aflame -- Request Shop

Title: Cacosyntheton: the Story of You and I
Author: Yours Truly, Instant-Café
Length: 700 words or so
Raiting: G
Disclaimer: I own my words. That's it. That is what I own.
Warnings: No Beta. I have tried to correct as much as I can. Obivously, all mistakes are mine. That's it.

Cacosyntheton: the Story of You and I

 

You and I are never beside each other. Never are they, in one sentence, able to not be separated by a comma, a word or even so much more. We are so much like those two words, never able to be fully together, without a challenge in the way. Separated by an ending, period. Separated by people, words. Separated by silence, comma. Separated by actions, verbs. Never could we be together without something being in the way. Maybe it is best, maybe you and I aren't meant to be together. It doesn't lessen the pain, the hurt and the confusion. Actually, it kind of increases it. It's like knowing we are perfect for each other but we just can't be beside one another. 
 
Cacosyntheton is what we have tried to attain without ever stopping. We never knew there was a word for You and I to be together. We tried over and over again. And yet, despite our loved ones telling us that in the end, we shall hurt ourselves and each other. Of course, they were right. Cacosyntheton is a rhetoric device. It is a statement used to make people see things in a different angle. This specific rhetorical device means poor placement of words. You and I. If I were to put You and I together, one beside the other, without any other bedazzlement, would it be considered cacosyntheton? Could we possibly be, if it is possible in text? Could I and You be beside each other without care for the rules because an exception exists. 
 
Could we? 
 
I always thought we would end up working, Tao. I did. We were meant to be, had everything been different. Had I not ended up dating her. Had you not ended up dating him. Had I admitted to myself that You were what I was searching for. I had to admit being attracted to men, to you. Instead I teased you with what could and made you beg for a single chance. I never gave it to you, and you always gave in. You always gave, crossing my I and dotting my face with kisses. It could have been so simple, but I and You are so far apart. 
 
People often use the letter U to replace You and maybe they are right to do so. After all, we are so different. I am the straight in the I. You are the curves in the U. They don't fit like M and W. Why wouldn't it have been Me and We? We would have stuck into each other, from then to eternity. But instead I chose to be I and I chose for you to be U. 
 
I is pronounce Eye and despite you being a You, they still don't fit, despite trying as much as I can. We just don't fit, do we? You Eye. Eye You. We never could. 
 
Maybe if I QUIT You it could work. After all, in such a word, the You is before the I and yet they are together. Or maybe we should try to TRIUMPH over all our pain. After all, in that word, I am before You, yet again they are together. And then there is the world ALTRUISM, the story of your life. You and I again together in ways I could only wish for. You can't hurt Him and I can't hurt Her. Maybe quitting wouldn't bring us together. In the end we would walk in the same direction, together but in different ways. Quitting you has never been this hard, this difficult nor this challenging. Maybe challenging is good. To be honest though, I find it difficult without Z to end my alphabet, to complete my words, to define myself. Z, you are at the ending as much as B is at the beginning and yet we don't close the alphabet together. B is not first, I'll always be second, won't I? After all, Baek Hyun and Zi Tao never could have been. 
 
After all, Option C always was better. You see, you will work out. Even the alphabet agrees. 
 
You See. You C. U C. U See. Chan Yeol better know how lucky he is to have U.