Chicken Maniac

Chicken Maniac

A tall, young man walked down the empty street of the large shopping center. It was his first time returning to Seoul ever since he departed from his group. He already felt uneasy; he didn't know whether or not the saesangs were holding grudges against him despite all the years that have passed.

 

And the dark sky filled with gray clouds didn't make him feel any better. 

 

Wu Yifan had received a letter two days before. It basically said that there will be a plane waiting to take him to the Korean city. He doesn't know why he went, but there was something in him telling him to go.

 

And so, here he was, back in Seoul. Kris had been walking for almost an hour, without any destination. It was deadly quiet, except for the soft pitter-patter of the rain.

 

Kris... Maybe he was imagining it.

 

Krisss...” Maybe he's just hearing things.

 

Krissssss... Maybe it's Maybelline.

 

Come here Krissssssss...” Okay, he is definitely not going crazy. That was loud and clear and he shouldn't go towards the voice but he is going to anyway. 

 

He jogged to where he heard the voice coming from. And there, he stood frozen, staring in horror at the building in front of him.

 

It was a two story building. On top, a large metal sign, with a chicken painted on, along with a creepy grin on it's face. And its large beady eyes were glaring daggers down at him. A speech bubble next to it read, Chicken O' New.

“W-what. What is this madness?” Kris was scared, here he was in front of a fast food restaurant. One that only offers chicken. Why would anyone want to send him here? But then, he heard it.

Laughter thundered throughout the quiet shopping center, only to be echoed by the actually thunder from the storm above. But it was cut shorted by a violent coughing fit.

“Ahem, welcome Kris! Or should I say, Wu Yifan~?” The voice cooed. it sounded oddly familiar to the young Chinese man, but he couldn’t remember where he heard it from.

“Oh, you recognize me, eh Kris?” He said, as though he read his mind, “Well, let me reintroduce myself.”

With that, a pearl aqua colored cloud of smoke flashed before him. the smoke slowly disappeared, mixing with the natural gray clouds in the sky above. As the smoke cleared, a young man was revealed.

“Onew,” Kris whispered.

“Yes, it is I! The great and powerful Lee Jinki, king of all things chicken. Now, you must be wondering why you’re here. Well, remember the chicken incident from Exo Showtime? That made me upset, so now you have to eat some of my best fried chicken."

Kris stared at his ex- labelmate. Did he plan this for so long? It was just chicken, it shouldn’t be a big deal. “But, Onew, chicken is not my style."

Onew's right eye started to twitch. "Say that again," he whispered, effectively sending chills down his spine.

Kris gulped soundly. He was terrified. "C-chicken is not my style." He repeated, hardly above a whisper.

A wide grin nearly split his face in two as the thunder roared wildly now. The rain pelted against their skin. A bright lightning bolt flashed, illuminating the scene. There was one last booming of thunder when Kris disappeared. He was nowhere to be seen, and Onew's low chuckling resonated throughout the now peaceful shopping center.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So~ um, this is what happens when I'm bored in history class >_< I hope this was entertaining enough and not completely stupid XD

✯ Thankyu for reading!