That Barista {Jihoon x Minghao}

SEVENTEEN one-shot collection

"So I just moved here... And I was wondering if you could tell me where the nearest cafe is." Jihoon extended his arm to shake with his neighbour.

"And you said your name was?"

"Jihoon, Lee Jihoon. Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"Woah your name is long."

"I guess? What's yours?"

The other male blinked. "My name?"

"Yes."

"Oh. It's Junghan."

"You have nice hair."

"Thanks, nice to meet you."

"Uh? Yeah."

"Your name's too long."

"Just call me Jihoon." He smiled awkwardly. "So about the cafe..."

"Ah! Yes yes. There's one connected to a mall not far from here. It opens 3 hours earlier than the mall if your wondering. And it takes me about 7 minutes to walk there from here." Junghan stared at the other. "Though you should ask your mom to send you there. Your too young to even walk alone."

"Excuse me? I'm nineteen!"

"Ah, nine year-olds dreaming to be teenagers. How cute." Junghan giggled. "You should be more formal with your elders though."

 

After meeting with Junghan, Jihoon decides that he should just smile if they ever see each other again —which he might be seeing way more often, considering how they are neighbours.

"Ah, better go find that cafe."

 

Jihoon finds himself coming back home from the one-hour-and-a-half walk with an empty hand and stomach. He had been walking and walking, yet, there wasn't even a sign of a huge building where Junghan calls a mall.

"How can I not see a mall?!" He groaned. He plopped himself onto the sofa and grabbed one of the boxes stacked next to the sofa, his hands working their way into the box to look for something to eat.

"Ugh so hungry." Jihoon said to himself as he munched on a potato chip.

"Nah, who needs a cafe? I can just make my own cup of coffee." He pouts.

 

And a loud dramatic shriek was heard at 3 in the morning.

 

Junghan isn't sure why there is someone banging on his front door on such an unholy hour. He slipped his feet into his fluffly slippers and shuffled over to the door lazily and turned the knob over.

"Wha—"

"Where's the mall?!"

"Woah, chill. It's like, 7 right now." Junghan rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"I can't find it! And I need my daily dose of delicious cafe coffee! Please, please!" Jihoon shook the taller with all his power.

"For  a nine year-old, you sure have muscle."

"I'm not nine! I'm nineteen!"

"And why are you drinking caffeine? Your too—"

Junghan gets himself dragged out of his apartment.

 

"Now tell me, where's the bloody mall!?"

"I'm in my pajamas"

"That's not my concern and my question deserves an answer."

"Why? Why are you like this?!"

"This is for calling me a nine year-old."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Junghan sighed. "I'll just give you the directions."

"Nope, your gonna bring me."

"What!?"

"I have a mask." Jihoon tossed a black mask at the elder.

"But my hair!"

"No one could tell that it's you anyways."

 

"There, get in."

"Come with me."

"Are you crazy?!" Junghan hollered. "This mask only covered my mouth!"

"I'm sure you have friends here. They might not laugh at you."

"My friends aren't like what you think.

"Interesting."

"You—"

"Junghan?" An unfamiliar voice —at least for Jihoon— caled out.

"Oh my—"

"What are you doing here? In, pajamas?"

"It's..." Junghan trailed off. "Just get this kid a cup of coffee!" He ran away from the cafe, pulling up his pajama pants.

"Well, that was unexpected." The stranger said, laughing. "Oh I almost forgot! Welcome to Twenties cafe! How may I help you today?"

Jihoon smiled.

 

"Ah, so you just moved? Interesting." Jisoo, the stranger from earlier, nods his head.

"Yep. And Junghan is really your boyfriend?"

Jisoo laughed. "Sounds rather unbelievable, doesn't it?"

"Yeah." Jihoon blushed. "Your so open with your uality, really."

"Nah, it's nothing. I'm open with just about anything, like it or not." Jisoo smiled. "So if your ever gonna share a secret with me, consider yourself on thinking twice."

"It's nice to meet a proper friend here." Jihoon sipped on his cup. "It's also really nice to find a cafe that actually has coffee made the way I wanted! I need to meet the barista." Jihoon complimented.

Jisoo widened his eyes. "Are you being serious?"

Jihoon looked up from his laptop —where did that came from anyways?— "Yeah, why? Is he a bad guy or does he not like people?"

"It's a personal thing..."

 

It had already been a week and Jihoon still didn't meet that barista who made amazing coffee for him despite going there everyday. It made Jihoon thought that maybe the barista isn't a fan of people.

But that one day made Jihoon shocked out of his wits.

"Really?!"

"Yeah... It kinda shocked me too, since he's not really the type to talk and meet with people. Usually, after his shift ends he'd straight away go home without juttering anything."

Jihoon grinned. "I must be really special then."

"Probably because you compliment him too much." Jisoo shrugged. "So do you want to meet him?"

"Well, that was what I wanted after tasting the coffee here, so of course."

 

Jihoon stared at the other from head to toe with wide eyes.

"H-hi. Your the regular, r-right?" I'm uh, Xu Minghao. Nice meeting you." The guy named Minghao rubbed the back of his neck, extending one arm out.

Jihoon smiled. "So your not from around here either?"

"Yeah..."

No one told him a barista could be this handsome, "Wanna go out sometime? You seem pretty interesting."

"Well, I can't really deny such an offer from a cutie like you."

Jihoon blushed a shade of pink. It seems like he won't be moving out to anywhere anytime soon.


969 words of crap sorry