Forget-Me-Not I

Flower Boys
 
 
 
Forget-Me-Not
Jinyoung's Birth flower
Flower meaning: Remembrance 
 
 

 

(2 days before) 

Jinyoung  knew that Jackson was up to something. Jackson was feverishly scribbling something that Friday during class. Seeing Jackson taking notes was such a rare occurrence that Jinyoung just had to have a look for himself.

 
As stealthily as he could, Jinyoung craned his neck to get a good look at what Jackson was writing. Jinyoung could only see a few pencil but he could have sworn he saw a flower of some sort on Jacksons looseleaf. Jinyoung settled back into his seat knowing he would have to report this to JB. Not even Jinyoung, student council president, could escape his wrath. In reality, Disciplinary committee leader, Im jae bum had all the power at this school, and it was wise to stay on his good side.
 
Jinyoung entered the student council designated classroom after class. The room was designed to fit the "needs" of every council member. Like the absolutely necessary snack dispensing vending machine in the corner of the room, or the plush egg shaped chair that JB was particularly fond of.
 
JB was always the first council member in the room, followed by himself. Only this time there was another boy in the room, and he wasn't part of the council. It looked like he was having a serious conversation with JB.
 
"Mark, unless you raise your grades, you're going to have to take a break from the team" JB pointed to something on a sheet of paper in front of him. "Here's the list of tutors in History, you can start with that"
 
JB looked up and acknowledged Jinyoung in the doorway. "Good timing", JB nodded towards the door. "Here comes a tutor right now, knock yourself out" 
 
JB brushed roughly past Jinyoung and exited the room.
 
"Jae bum!" Jinyoung called after him. 
 
"I'm busy!" Jae bum responded back.
 
Jinyoung watched as JB waved him off in annoyance and disappeared down the hallway. He was used to JB's bad attitude but today Jae Bum seemed to be in a worse mood than usual. 
 
Mark and Jinyoung stood awkwardly in the council room in silence.
 
Jinyoung cleared his throat. "What exactly did you need help with?"
 
"We're starting now? I don't have my books" Mark sputtered. 
 
"We can get your books later, for now, just tell me what you need help with. I need to make a schedule for you"
 
"Well...uh..." Mark began. He scratched his head bashfully.
 
Jinyoung took out his notebook and prepared to write a list. "Go ahead". Jinyoung waited for a bit. Mark was still silent.
 
Jinyoung glanced at the paper that JB left on the table. It was a history exam with Mark's name on it. It was riddled with red marks. Even the questions a 5 year old would answer correctly were crossed out. The teacher must have had a field day with her red pen.
 
"Never mind, let's get your books first" 
 
If he was going to teach Mark about Korean History, he would have to do it properly.
 

 

Jinyoung followed Mark down the hall to his locker. They passed by Jinyoung's home room in the process. Through the classroom window, he noticed that Jackson was still at his desk. It was way past the end of the school day and everyone had packed up and left.

 
"Go on, I'll catch up with you" Jinyoung told Mark.
 
Jinyoung stepped quietly in the classroom to get a closer look. A flash of red passed through Jackson's hands. It was a small potted flower. Jackson looked around before discreetly hiding it in his desk.
 
"You should learn to hide that marigold better, Jackson" Jinyoung said in a raised voice.
 
Startled Jackson turned to look at Jinyoung, who had stopped in front of the doorway. Jackson pleadingly pressed a finger to his lips. "Shhh!"
 
"JB would be soooo mad if he saw you" Jinyoung continued in an even louder voice. He was practically yelling down the hallway.
 
"Shut Up!" Jackson shrieked while rushing to the doorway to clamp a hand over JInyoung's mouth. 
 
Jinyoung let out a few muffled mumbles before resorting to Jackson's palm.
 
"Ewww! Gross!" Jackson released his hold.
 
 Jinyoung wiped his mouth. "I'm just giving you a warning. JB's out to kill today. If he catches you, you're done for" 
 
"Duly noted." Jackson raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "Aren't you gonna report this to JB?"
 
"Not my division" Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders and took a step out of the home room door.
 
Jackson gave a small smile before returning to his flower. Realization dawned over him as he turned the pot in his hands. "Wait!" 
 
Jinyoung looked over his shoulder
 
"How did you know that this was a marigold?" 
 
 Jinyoung feigned ignorance before giving a playful wink. "Doesn't everybody?" And with that, he walked away.