Food Fight

It Takes One to Know One (Editing)

 

Jieun's POV

 

-FlashBack-

 

Every morning before class starts I would take a quick little nap because usually I don't have time to sleep at night. I'm either studying, finishing my assignments for school or I’m taking  extra courses after school. It’s not encouraging when your enemy is doing better than you and I need to at least be better than him on something…right?

 

Well the boy is good at everything. I mean EVERYTHING that you can possibly imagine which is annoying and frustrating. It’s like he was blessed to be the perfect human being in this world.

 

Ugh. I hate Jeon Jungkook.

 

Suddenly, I heard a chair being pulled next to me and I looked up to see who it was. Quickly my face brightened to see it was Jin. He sat down and took a book out of his backpack and started to read his book peacefully next to me. 

 

I find it like a curse and a blessing at the same time. I've always had a crush on him and each time I get to see his beautiful handsome face, my heart can’t stop beating. He's so sweet, calm, and so charming, but the problem is that I never had a "real" conversation with him.  I can't find the confidence to talk to him. I know that  I'll say something stupid or something that will embarrass me or maybe him or who knows what embarrassment could happen between us.

 

No. I have to talk to him. I can't be awkward when I'm around him. Especially if we’re seating buddies.

 

I took a big deep breath before saying  "Hi Jin." with a sweet nervous smile.

 

 I waited for him to say something back. He seemed to be a little startled by the random "hi", but it didn't take him long to put down his book and smile back, but before he could say something the teacher entered the classroom and everyone hurried up to their seats to sit down.

 

Darn it.

 

"Alright everyone, calm down. As you already know today we have a Quiz. I hope all of you studied. This will take mostly part of your class grade." She said passing out the papers. I got my quiz and wrote down my name and date on the sheet. Looking forward to an easy A on this quiz and bet that stupid jerk Jungcook (yes I said his name wrong on purpose)

 

 After a few minutes in my quiz, I felt a paper ball hit me on the head landing on the ground next to me. I first looked over at the teacher if she saw that, but she was too busy reading a book. I quickly picked it up and opened the paper ball and it said  - Quick pass me the answers to 4,6 and 7. I have 3,10,14 and 17-

 

I turned to see who threw the paper ball and it was no other than that jerk. He was making hand signals, but I couldn't understand what he wanted, so I whispered: "What do you want?"

 

He tried to whisper back, but it was not long before the teacher noticed us. 

 

"Lee Jieun and Jeon Jungkook.” She shouts across the room “I see that you're having a nice conversation there and  passing notes while taking a quiz. Unacceptable! Hand over your quiz. Both of you are getting a zero."

 

"Ms. I wasn't the one who started-" I was interrupted. 

 

"I don't care. Just hand over your quiz." She says with a stern face, extending her hand out and waiting for us to hand it over.

 

Jungkook and I handed over our quiz shamefully as we didn’t not finish our quiz and will not. Meaning I failed and will have a bad grade. While sitting back in our seats, my eyes pierced through him, giving him the ugliest glare. So he would know how frustrated I am with him. It was his fault that I got in trouble.  If he didn't pass that note to cheat in the first place and studied ... this wouldn't have never happened. 

 

He mouthed with a fake cry “Aww~ boo hoo” 

 

If I could I would’ve punched him on the spot.

 

 

Thankfully it was lunchtime, Sangmi and I picked a table close to the glass windows where we could peacefully eat and chat while looking at the beautiful scenery, but really it was a distraction to forget all that had happened earlier with Jungkook. 

 

Sangmi was telling me about how she saw a new transfer student at the office when she dropped off some paperwork on the teacher’s desk.

 

“Yeah, he  looked really handsome.” She explained with pure excitement “Tall and chiseled. Almost like a model no— like a Kpop idol. Bet all the girls will be head over heels for this new student.”

 

 “Hm,” I nod as I munch on my food. Sangmi is the type to be boy crazy. It could be annoying at times, but not enough for me to ignore her blabber about boys. I found it quite funny and cute.  “Well let’s bet he’s not annoying like someone I know.” I said, rolling my eyes.

 

“Oh come one, Ji. I have a feeling you have a small crush on Jungkook.” She smirked 

I pulled my face back and made a disgusted face “What? Ew, there’s no possible way I will fall for a guy like him.”

 

“Well I assume you do because you seem to alway talk about him.” Sangmi said, poking her food with her chopstick.

 

“I do not.” I say in my defiance.

 

She does a little shrug while she purses her lips, not wanting to argue with me on that topic. “Okay whatever you say~ Hey could you get me a napkin. Pretty please.’ She fluttered her eyelashes. 

 

“Fine” I said, letting out a sigh and got up from my seat. 

 

Although, the minute I got up and turned myself around, I felt a tray of food splattered all over me. I huffed in shock, peering down at my dirty uniform and slowly narrowing my eyes to see who I bumped into. 

 

Of course it had to be that stupid jerk Jeon Jungkook.

 

“It wasn’t me. It was an accident. I swear.” Jungkook tried to explain himself with both hands in the air. 

 

The anger and frustration I was holding all day  finally snapped inside of me. This  jerk is really gonna pay for it. I turned to grab my milk and poured all of it on his head. Then dropping the milk carton to the floor with a mocking smirk “Oops, my hand slipped.” 

 

Jungkook looks down at his shoes without saying a single word. Causing the whole cafeteria room to stop and staring at us. Everybody is waiting in anticipation for what's next.

 

The corner of  Jungkook’s lips lifted mischievously as he peered up to look me directly in the eye. “Ah, so this is how we’re gonna play?Well then…” He glances back at his friend, Jimin, who was right behind him and gives him a look and Jimin nods with a mischievous smile as if he really knew.

 

“Food fight!” Jimin shouted on the top of his lungs while throwing food at my friend. My eyes widen, not expecting it to escalate that quickly.

 

In a blink of an eye everyone in the cafeteria started to toss and throw food everywhere. Evan, my friend, Sangmi, was flinging food everywhere and whoever. I was too, but only to Jungkook. He was my target.

 

" It's all your fault Jungkook!" I said, hiding behind a table. Avoiding getting hit.

 “Really? You really think so...." Jungkook grabs a chunk of kimchi and hides behind the opposite table from me. Ready to launch the kimchi at me.

" Yes , because you got me in trouble in class and now this.” I yelled at him.

"I told you! It was an accident!"He flung the kimchi at me, but missed. Instead he hit the superintendent who was right behind me. 'Uh oh,' I thought to myself with wide eyes and open jaw. I stared at Jungkook then back at the superintendent who didn't seem pleased with what was happening.

We’re so doomed. 

-End of Flashback-