Amnesia

The Heart Remembers

Woohyun's thought are in turquoise, and Sunggyu's thought are in red.


A guy woke up and look around his surrounding. He felt numb, and he notice that he is in the hospital. What am I doing in the hospital? The men push the emergency button. He was starting to get scared because he couldn't remember anything. After what seem like a few minutes, nurses came rughing in.

   " He is awake, inform the doctor." Say one of the nurse.

The other nurse went out to get the doctor, while the other stay and give the guy some water. The guy wanted to ask the nurse what happen and why he is here. Just when he was about to ask, the doctor came in.

   " Getting better I see. Nice to see you awake. You just need some rest. Call Sunggyu-ssi." Say the doctor.

The guy was very confused as one of the nurse went out again. Who is Sunggyu? Woohyun look so confused, but the doctor didn't even notice. After a few minutes of silence, the door was opened, and a guy with a small eyes came in.

   " Woohyun!" Sunggyu yelled, and he ran to hug Woohyun.

Woohyun stiffen, and Sunggyu notice it.

   " Are you still hurt?" Ask Sunggyu.

   " Uh-- I'm sorry but do i know you?" Ask Woohyun curiously.

   " Are you still mad at me? I'm sorry!" Say Sunggyu.

   " I'm sorry sir, I really don't know you, and Who Am I?" Ask Woohyun.

Sunggyu turn to lookk at the doctor, who gave him a knowing nod. The doctor went outside, followed by Sunggyu.

   " Doc, what is wrong with him?" Ask Sunggyu.

   " It seem Mr. Nam have amnesia. I expected it since he hit his head." Reply the doctor.

   " When do you think he will regain his memory?" Ask Sunggyu, who shake abit.

   " Give it time. Amnesia is different for everyone. It might take weeks, months, or years even. You just have to be patient." Say the doctor, " Take care of Mr. Nam. You seem like the caring type." Then the doctor left the guy alone.

Sunggyu finally broke down. So he won't remember me? What am I thinking. He can't even remember himself. I'm so sorry Woohyun. I know I deserve this. I just wish you are happy. Sunggyu's chubby cheek are filled with tears, and he was shaking. Sunggyu quickly ran to the bathroom to wash his face. Woohyun can't see him like this. Sunggyu wash his face as quickly as possible. When Sunggyu went back to Woohyun's room, Woohyun follow his every move, demanding an answer.

   " Can you answer my questions now?" Ask Woohyun as Sunggyu sit down.

   " Well My name is Kim Sunggyu. Your name is Nam Woohyun, and we go to the university together." Say Sunggyu as he try his best to smile sincerly.

    " What relationship do we have?" Ask Woohyun.

Sunggyu tense at he answer, and Woohyun notice it.

   "uhh-- we are bestfriends. Yeah that." Say Sunggyu.

   " Can You tell me more about myself?" Ask Woohyun.

Sunggyu took his time explaining Woohyun's personality to Woohyun.

Woohyun found out that he is very greasy, protective, and is an idiot, which he disagree to. He also found out that he live with Sunggyu, who is his childhood bestfriend. They have their circle of friends, and everyone was very close. 

Woohyun didn't get any visit from his other friends, which he was glad to. He wouldn't even know who they are and just freak out. Sunggyu would visit him after his lessonn ended. Sunggyu would tell him more about himself, and he would tell him about their childhoos. Sunggyu would take him outside to take fresh air. 

   " You can check out by tomorrow Mr. Nam." Say Woohyun's doctor as he smile widly at his patient.

   " Thanks." Say Woohyun as he bow.

The doctor walk out, and Woohyun let out a sigh. He was so tensed. Eventhough the doctor have been coming in daily, Woohyun still feels weird around him. 


The next day, Sunggyu help Woohyun packed.

   " Ready to go?" Ask Sunggyu as he carry Woohyun lugage.

   " Yeah! I wish I never have to come back again." Say Woohyun.

Sunggyu giggle, and Woohyun found himself addicted to the sound.

   " Let's go home. You can rest at home." Say Sunggyu.

Woohyun nod and follow Sunggyu out the door.

Their apartment was normal. It was about 10 stories high. The elevator took them up to their floor, which is the 6 floor.

Woohyun was amazed by the apartment. They have chandlers, and a big screen television. They have a kitchen island, and the furnitures look expensive.

   " We bought these with our money. We both work, and well we got a bit of help from my family." Say Sunggyu.

Sunggyu disappear in one of the room.

   " We share the bed since we only have one bedroom. You wouldn't mind would you?" Ask Sunggyu as he popped his head out from one of the room.

   " Yeah it's fine." Say Woohyun.

After awhile, Sunggyu came out, already changing into his casual clothes.

   " Are you hungry?" Ask Sunggyu.

Woohyun cutely nod as he bit his lips. Sunggyu went to the kitchen to prepare. Woohyun sit on the couch, getting comfortable. He feel like he own this place, and he does, half.

   " Let's eat!" Yell Sunggyu from the kitchen.

Woohyun went to the kitchen to see what the guy have cooked. It smell so delicious, and they also look delicious. Woohyun took a sip, and he was amazed by the taste.

   " You are such a great cook! You should be a chef." Praise Woohyun.

Sunggyu blush at the compliment.

   " Well I just to help around the kitchen at our work place. But you are the real cook." Say Sunggyu.

   " Me?" Ask Woohyun as he point at himself, making his eyes go big.

   " Yeah you are a better cook than I'm." Say Sunggyu.

   " Well I don't remember so you are going to have to cook everyday." Say Woohyun.

   " Ok! ok!" Sunggyu laugh.

The two finish with their food. Woohyun wash the dishes, since Sunggyu cook. Sunggyu was in the living room, looking for a good movie to watch. Woohyun join the guy. After an hour of watching, Woohyun yawn.

   " Are you sleepy? Let's go to sleep. You must be tired." Say Sunggyu as he turn off show.

Woohyun went inside the room, followed by Sunggyu. Woohyun got under the blanket, follow by Sunggyu. When Sunggyu got inside the blanket, Woohyun immediately brought him closer to him.

   " Woohyun?" Ask Sunggyu, in a whisper.

   " Sorry, but can we sleep like this. I feel like this is the right thing to do." Say Woohyun.

Sunggyu didn't say anything, but his the younger on his waist, to say he agree. Sunggyu like the warmth, and so does Woohyun.