Everlasting Crush

Everlasting Crush

˚˚˚

 

"You again."

"Yes. Me again," I leaned to the wooden counter, my eyes darted to the menu displayed on the wall. I was pretending to survey the menu, because I actually had already made up my mind about what drink I would order way before I stepped a feet inside this store. "And I'm going to have a Raspberry Juice again."

The guy standing behind the counter rolled his eyes and jammed some buttons on the cashier register. He swiftly his heels, fetch a plastic cup and write a name on the cup with a black marker without asking me who's my name because, 1. He already knew my name and 2. He would never write my name anyway.

I pulled out some cash, I have already known by heart how much a Raspberry Juice costs because for the last week I have been visiting this specific Starbucks store like, every day. I'm telling you, I wasn't exaggerating. I figure out that the only way I could hang around at Starbucks everyday is to buy at least, something. And also I have made some rough calculations that the only way I'm going to drink something from Starbucks everyday without gaining some (superly unwanted) extra weight is to just drink Raspberry Juice everyday.

My only other option is Mango Passionfruit Juice but no, I like raspberry better.

He blitzed the blender a little while before pouring the reddish-pinkish liquid into the cup. He checked if there's any other customer and find out that there's only me before finally calling, quote, "my name", end quote.

"Nosy ." He called with a mischievous grin painted on his handsome face, slightly ease up his firm face features. Oh yes, anyway my real name's Jin Jieun but Nosy is also quite fine.

I picked up my drink and uttered, "Why thanks Oh -face."

He snorted and just about to respond to my oh-so-insulting words when suddenly the front door clinked open and a man probably in his forties entered with a tired expression.

The silver-bronze hair coloured guy sighed and gave you an annoyed look before averting his attention to the new customer. I stuck out a tongue, teasing him, before finally made my way to the seat closest to the counter where I can enjoy a clear view of the hot barista. I crack a little smile when I read the 'nosy-' word written on my cup with black bold ink.

Yes. You might have wondered. Yes, the only reason I went to this particular Starbucks everyday is to observe Oh Sehun, the smokin' hot barista. His shift is after his last class which is 5 p.m until late night, but I only hang there from 5.30 until 6 p.m because I still have a live (in another word, thesis) going on other than stalking this guy.

Don't get it wrong. I did not just stalk a random hot guy, this Oh Sehun guy over here happens to be my friend back at high-school. And when I say 'friend' what I meant was the type of friend who didn't even say hello at the hallway and have never been in the same class for three straight years. Yes that kind of friend. I know him, he knows me. I have a huge crush on him since first year, he doesn't. Vice versa, sadly.

Actually, back at high-school he didn't even know I existed (another sad truth) because I used to be this kind of geeky girl that only hangs out with the same trio everyday, so it wasn't peculiar that one of the most popular boy in school never notice me. But it was all past tense, I cut my skirts a few inch shorter, buy some contact-lenses in various colours to replace my thick round-framed glasses and also  permanently abandon my bushy hair-tie the moment I got into college. We're talking a about an extreme makeover here.

I found out that my biggest crush is working part-time at one of the most popular coffee shop just a stone's throw away from my university and I decided to make my second approach right away. My first approach actually never happened since I've never managed to gather enough courage to walk up to him back at high-school. Damn, the more I think about it the more pathetic I sounded back then.

 

 

After finishing half of my juice I felt bored so I decided to make a little chaos to gain Sehun's attention. I eyed the other customer that has already taken a seat at the far corner of the store sipping his latté 2 mLs/sip, staring at the distance in a dramatic way. I cleared my throat before purposely spilling my drink all over the floor.

Sehun let out an exasperated sigh from behind the counter and harshly grab a mop. "Sorry for being so sloppy. Well, it's actually not my fault because I was practically born with clumsiness in my genes. Blame my parents." I blabbered a series of stupid lies uncontrollably.

"God, how could someone be so manipulative and still acts so innocent," he murmured as as he rolled his eyes for the hundredth time in an hour period.

I've done this spilling-drink-purposely three times including this one, but I can't stop the raging attempt to keep on doing it again and again cause man, Sehun's slim figure looks dead appealing when he bents down. And don't make me start with his long and slightly muscular arms, his muscles flexes gently every time he move the mop back and forth. 

"Thanks." I stood up and bowed a little sincerely. He spanked my head not-so-lightly and I grinned while he remained expressionless.

He was about to walk back to his post behind the counter when I decided to touch his shoulder hesitantly. He turned to face me right away with a bored look printed all over his face. I am a girl with a soft and caring heart (I didn't actually look like one but believe me, I am one) so I automatically felt a little twinge of guilt for most of his energy at his work hours.

I sent him a regretful smile and waved him goodbye after slipping the empty cup into my purse. I was just a few feet away from him when I hear his voice murmured, "I have this bad feeling that you'll show up again tomorrow."

A wide smile surfaces and I can't do anything to suppress it. It was an improvement, nevertheless. Yesterday he murmured a, " off" as a goodbye.

Plan A is definitely taking me somewhere.

˚

˚˚

˚˚˚

There are total seven plastic cups lined neatly on the top shelf of my drawer. Each and every each and one of them is labeled with a gigantic "Nosy " written on it except for the first two cups when Sehun still looked at me as an actual customer other than an huge bother for him.

Just looking at them made me smile like an idiot, thinking that there's a possible 0,25% of possibility that I might date my biggest crush someday.

He even predicted that I will go back to visit him tomorrow. I mean I would love to go back there, but I need to stick to my own plans if I want to make him like me. Maybe the word 'like' is a little bit unlikely to happen, but there's a big chance that he'll miss me. I'm certain enough about that.

 

The next day I woke up with a document about an inch thick wedged in my arms as I raced to the bust stop and cramped myself into the overly crowded bus. I can't say that I'm excited about today, and the week ahead. Last week, I always checked my wristwatch every now and then can't wait for my never-ending classes to finally end so I could go to Starbucks and watch Sehun at work. But today, I checked the time numerous time and get myself amazed at how slow the needles are going. It's like suddenly they decided to keep up their pace with Granpa Snail.

"Go meet him, you're torturing yourself." Minseok, one of my best-friend, put down his tray filled with a Himalayan of food in various types from sweet dessert to savoury main-courses.

"I am not. I am sticking to my plan. Besides I can't be that desperate that I can't even hold myself to not see his face for only a week," I argued slipping a big chunk of sweet-potato balls into my mouth.

"Jieun, my dear. You know you are," he paused to swallow a big lump of food. "You are that desperate to meet him that you can't even enjoy your lunch."

It is true. The sweet-potato balls tasted bland.

"Don't pep-talk me, you yourself have a big zero experience is love and stuff." I snorted.

"I don't want love because I don't want heartbreaks."

Well he has a point.

And he continued, "I don't want heartbreaks because every heartbeak leads to losing appetite and losing appetite is a big no-no for me. I treasured steam buns and sweet-sour pork way too much that I don't think I need love."

"Heavens," I gasped playfully. "You need help, your words are not normal for a teenager like you."

"I have this grandpa soul trapped inside a cute looking teenage body."

"Yeah that makes more sense."

 

 

I decided to set aside my food and left Minseok alone to have his own quality time with his affairs (food). Being a sophomore , and I'm currently stuck in second grade with a pack of losers and few cool kids (Minseok's a loser). I'll tell you what, being s sophomore even more because we have some freshmen to make fun of but don't have enough authority to pull of a historical prank. And I basically love pranks.

But I don't like the kind of prank Sehun has done to me. The prank is, making me fall in love with him and suddenly take someone else as his girlfriend.

Well it wasn't practically his fault because all he has to  do to make me fall for him is just stand there at the class entrance with his perfectly fitted uniform that highlighted his slim figure and messy hair that looked so good that he's one of the thing in this universe that makes me believe about the existance of God (aside from sun and solar system, etc).

 

 

F i r s t   Y e a r

I met him for the very first time on August 23rd when I go to the library to re-read To Kill A Mockingbird for the second time. I highlighted every word, every line and every pharagraph in every page, literally the whole book was highlighted in yellow. I was about to reach the final when suddenly a voice popped from behind me,

"I can barely undestrand a sentence from that book."

I turned my head and found a handsome guy standing behind me with a book about anatomy wedged in his arm, I've never seen him before and that makes me wonder, how the hell could I miss a miraculaous human-being like this? 

"This book is genius," I look up at him my voice is shaky and barely inaudible so he has to bent forward a little to hear it clearly, I can smell his pleasant scent like a mixture of masculine soap and faint flower scent.

He chuckled. "Well I'm not."

I eyed the encyclopaedia in his embrace and commented, "You must be a Science prodigy then."

His right corner of his lips went up a little, forming a naughty smirk. "No. I can't bring my adult magazines to school so I decided to read this instead." He jerked his chin to the book about anatomy. "The feel is a little different, but it's still quite satisfying."

You gave him a weird look.

"I'm not that erted. It's pretty normal for a guy actually." He clarified waving his free hands in the air.

A smile slipped on my face and then I laughed a little. He laughed along before bid me a short goodbye and went back to catch up with his friends.

I watched his back until he disappeared behind an ocean of book-shelves. Man, that time I was head over heels in love with him.

Later, I did some research and found out that his name is Oh Sehun and he's pretty popular even though not as popular as Kim Jongin or Wu Yifan, but still, a few girls chase after him sometimes. I'd be lying if I tell you I didn't hope for him to at least say a simple 'hi' at the hallways or at recess. But our different social status and different class won't let neither me or him to talk to each other often, I wasn't even sure that he knows my name.

The rest of the year went on smoothly, me liking him from afar.

 

 

S e c o n d  Y e a r

The senior has planned a big historical prank for their last memory in high-school. Right before the big week of exams, they planned to throw the Senior Prank with raspberry juice and low damage firecrackers involved. Even I have to admit that this one is quite genius. They say, the master in crime Cho Kyuhyun from class 3-5 designed it for almost a whole semester, working out the details and stuff.

The prank was a huge success that it should be a nominee for "World's Greatest Prank of All Time".

The day before final exam the senior students gave all the teachers a glass of rasberry juice as a thanks for all the teachers who had work hard to teach them. In each cup there's a big heart symbol with the word,

 

Thank you for being a wonderful role-model for Us

 

With all the lovey-dovey words, they showed their most gratitude to the teachers. The teacher felt so touched that they decided to drink their juices in front of all students as a thanks to all their wonderful (bull) students. At the bottom of each cup there's little tube filled with citric acid and baking soda, the chemical reaction of this two elements is a BANG!

So when all the teachers have all lined up with a glass of (sabotaged) raspberry juice, some kids were unable hold their laughter, recieving a warning stare from Kyuhyun, the event organizer and the brain behind all this soon-to-be hectic havoc. In unison, the teachers drank the juice. 

1

 

2

 

3

B A N G !

The "full of love" raspberry juice exploded and white-pink foam was all over the place, spoiling the teacher's shirts. Kyuhyun jumped high in the air and shouted, he must've been overly happy that his master-plan had worked out just the way he planned.

Because it was over-the-top hilarious, some kids can't hold their laughter any longer. A freshmen who was standing in front of me cracked into a brutal series of laughter that he has to turn around and sprinted towards the bathroom, but he unconsciously bumped into me on the way out from the mass. I  got knocked down in instance and landed -first on the dirty pavement.

A hand showed up in front of my very nose and I craned my neck to see my helper. My heart stopped, and for a long second I totally forgot how to breathe. It's Sehun. It's Sehun who is now looking down at me, blocking the sun, offering me his hand.

I hold his hand reluctantly and he pulled me up. Just half way up he suddenly drop loss my hand I fell back hard to the ground along with a chorus of laughter from my surroundings, I wanted to cry but the warmth of Sehun's hand still lingered on my hands even though we weren't holding hands anymore. The butterflies has gone mad inside my chest and the sensation prevent me from crying.

"Hey guys, this is the second prank!" He yelled and some kids pull out their phones to take a picture of me.

That night, my friend send me the photos of the big event and there's one photo of me laying helpless on the ground looking so damn stupid, but there's Sehun in the picture as well. He's standing there by my side smiling at the camera, this time his smile reaches his eyes and in all of the sudden, he's not that expressionless cold guy we all know. He's a lot more alive in this picture than in real life.

This is my very first photo with Oh Sehun, and I can't shut my eyes that night.

 

 

T h i r d  Y e a r

At the middle of third year, a heart-shattering rumour has spreaded to the whole school. My one and only crush Oh Sehun was dating the most popular girl in school, Jung Soojung.

I'm aware that I have no chance with Sehun to start with, but I also stupidly thought that Sehun will never date another girl. I should've known that he's a guy too after all (he did read adult magazines, didn't he?), and he needed someone he could rely on, a girlfriend. It hurts a lot, let me repeat that, IT HURTS A LOT seeing Sehun and Soojung walking down the hallway arm in arm or eating lunch together. Sehun messed with my heart pretty badly that it affected my grades. I was one of the up-ranked student and teachers have set the bars high for me. I can't let anything mess with my grades, especially not this godforsaken couple.

Wonder if I know Minseok a little early, I might wouldn't have to experienced a heart-break. I will just love Calculus and History the way he love steamed buns and sweet-sour pork. But I didn't, and I can't love a set of cut-staight meaningless numbers and some historical shows more than I love the way Sehun smiles flatly or the way his mouth agaped a little when he's doing nothing. I can't, it was all printed permanently on my heart.

The third year went on in a grayscale mode for me. Everything was so monotone and uninteresting. I don't even remember our own Senior Prank. I know precisely that Baekhyun did a marvelous job planning the prank and it did create some chaos, but all I can remember is that Sehun kissed Soojung that day, right in the middle of the cheering crowd after the prank.

The image of their linked lips burned to the back of my head and I have never ever in my whole life felt this miserable before. That night, like always, my friend send me pictures of the day and there's one picture of Sehun and Soojung's sweet little passionate moment.

I deleted the photo without hesitation. But I can't delete my feelings for Oh Sehun.

˚

˚˚

˚˚˚

A week had passed, I didn't go to Starbucks for a week and I missed Sehun so much that everything I see turned into Sehun. Tomorrow, I will walk back to that forsaken coffee shop and meet him again to check out wether my A game worked or no. It's weird that I still like him after two years had passed since our graduation day and in that two years we never keep ourselves in touch. The only traces of him I have is the picture of me and after the Senior Prank day when we were both a sophomore back at high-school and his autograph on the year-book. This feeling had stayed for a total 5 years. Five freaking years and I still like him even though I knew how much pain in the he is.

Mark my words, He's a pain in the .

"You're excited." Minseok announced like I can't read my own feelings.

"I think I'm a little anxious." I exclaimed forcing on my bestest and brightest smile. For today, I decided to use my favourite pair of jeans and a nice sky-blue t-shirt to compliment it, I want to look good without actually looking like I want to look good. Got it?

Minseok dropped me off a few blocks away from the coffee shop, I don't want Sehun to see me walking out from another guy's car, he might misinterpret it and gets the wrong idea about me and Minseok. He also might don't give a about it, but I'm just going to play it safe.

I pushed the door gently and a familiar clinking noise greeted my ears as the relaxing smell of freshly brewed coffe filled my nostrils. I fixed my gaze on the guy who is standing behind the counter, but it wasn't Sehun who greeted me with a warm smile because, 1. The name-tag on the guy's uniform says "Park Chanyeol" pretty clearly and 2. Sehun would ever greet me with a warm smile anyway.

I made my way down to the counter, "I'm sorry but where's Oh Sehun?" I asked to the doe-eyed guy in front of me.

"Oh Lord, you're her?" His eyes widen in surprise.

"Her?"

"Yes. Jin Jieun, right?"

Now it's my turn to get shocked. He might have gotten the right idea from my expression, he giggled a little before disappearing to the back of the store.

"Sehunnie! Your girl's here!"

Your girl?

My heart jumped in anticipation when the only person who has haunted me for the last five torturing years of my life stepped out from the staff room. His eyes met mine for a split second.

"Where have you been? Is everything okay?" He asked me with a worried tone that warmed my heart.

"Still breathing and walking like a human. Sounds pretty okay, right?" I let out a forced chuckle.

"I thought you die or something." He smirked.

"Why thanks for your concern there, Mister." I quipped sarcastically.

He laughed a little before gestured me to take a seat and I did like he told. He went to back to the counter and blend somthing up, as I watch him work, I realised that he's making a Raspberry Juice.

A moment later he placed a glassful of Raspberry Juice in front of me, I gave him a questioning look and he nodded, silently intsructing me to drink it while he took a seat in front of me. So I did, I slurp it quickly.

At the very bottom of the glass, there's a white tube. I cracked into a small laugh, "You're trying to blow me up to pieces?"

"Kind of. Just open it." He urged and I can see a fade shade of pink creeping up on his cheeks, and probably on mine too.

I pick it up and wipe it clean with a tissue, when I open it, turns out it is not a homemade bomb like the one Kyuhyun made back at high-school. There's a rolled paper inside it and I tap it out. On the paper there's a scratchy handwriting all over it, I read it slowly, savouring every word and every butterly that flapping their wings inside my chest.

 

High-School : You're that geeky girl I have no interest on
College : You disappeared and I can't care even less
First Week : You're back and man, you're so annoying.
Second Week : I felt a pang of loss in my chest, I realise that I miss you

Now : I want to say that I also have a crush on you

 

I look up at him and he's staring right into my eyes. At last, after 5 years of waiting and waiting and two weeks of struggling to win his attention, he reversed his heart. He gave me a chance. It's no longer vice versa, we're in the same boat now. He glanced at the empty glass of juice and broke the silence,

"I noticed the hurt painted on your face when you saw me kissing Soojung on our Senior Prank day."

"Do you really need to bring up that topic right now?" You smacked his head lightly.

He stood up abruptly. "Yes. I really need to," suddenly he dragged me up by my arms and close the gap between us. He placed one hand on the side of my neck and the other one at the small of my back securing me on place. He smirked before closing his eyes and leaned forward. I'm still in a state of shock when his soft lips touched mine ever so lightly. It's like there's a huge confetti party inside my stomach. I have dreamt about this moment for years, and look at me now, standing toe-to-toe and lips-to-lips with my everlasting crush. It's like a realisation of my wildest fairytale.

He placed a gentle longing peck on my lips before he finally moved his lips slowly and sweetly, and the last thing I know is I closed my eyes and let myself lost into his kisses. I can feel his smile against my own. After a short minute of heaven, he reluctantly stepped back and asked,

"How was it?"

"It was like, BANG."

 

˚

˚˚

˚˚˚

 

a/n : How was it?: > This is my very first one-shot and I really do hope that you enjoyed it. Please leave a piece of your opinion about this fic, will you? Thank you thank you thank you!