Bad Blood

Longing for you

 

 

The only thing i could do for my brother, was to support him in hiding. Yes, it sounds really pathetic but there was nothing i could do for him. Once i suggested he should go to the hospital to check if it's not a disease. He declined and said that it's not like that and that he'd rather not go there. Maybe they think I'm crazy, he snorted.

 

A week after discovering his "secret" my mom made the brilliant 

Sunggyu's grandpa rolled his eyes with a little smile,

idea to clean the whole house. My brother and I were not really motivated to do anything but no one could go again the orders of our mom. Reluctantly we began cleaning our rooms from the top to the bottom until we reached the last part of our cleaning session. It really was the worst, as i told you earlier our house was fairly big so we have cleaned for two days straight. We were tired and annoyed, which teenager enjoys cleaning and at that, so long? Haha. Anyway, the last floor we reached was the cellar. 

 

And who would have thought just like our house, the cellar was huge too. So we tiredly began cleaning. There was a lot to do, from removing the dust from all corners, cleaning the windows, to swiping  the floor. There was a lot of old stuff in one room,  I guess that was were all things that were no longer needed were stored. We were assigned to select books from a book shelf. Our mum said that they were in the way just attracting dust haha. So we should look which ones we were going to keep or throw/give away. You know, for me it was very boring standing in the corner going through old dusty books and I didn't know which ones we should keep. I've never been interested in them. Well on the other side, my brother was glad about the task, he likes books and he doesn't have to meet people. So for about two to three meters away from each other we worked quietly for twenty minutes. 

 

I was getting tired and just grabbed the next book that came in my reach. It had a dark red leather cover and was in good condition. To make sure about the content I turned the book around, to read the summary of the story but there was nothing. I tried to open it but it was impossible, no matter how much I pulled i couldn't open it. This is what I told my brother, I joked and said that the book must be so old that the pages stick together. The only joice was to throw it away right? The book landed on the mountain of disposable books. I guess my brother was curious cause after some time I heard him laughing and looked up. He was holding the red book from earlier in his hands and was grinning. "You are not that strong right?! My poor little brother, unable to open a book hahaha." He scoffed. I really couldn't believe it, minutes ago I was unable to open it even with the use of all my strength,  and he easily opens it. What is this?  I told him to believe me, that It really didn't open when I had it. 

 

"Well I don't know about you but for me it seems to open easily", he said grinning. Let's see "you who opened the book shall learn of the curse of the blood slaves. We are bound to the darkness, an enemy of humanity as we ease our thirst at the the cost of human lives. We are also known as blood ers, vampires. There is venom in our spit so we can either paralyze our prey or turn them into our kind...

 

"Interesting this is a book about vampires!! So cool, wait - oh no the other pages are all ripped out they are missing."

 

I just listened with one ear I was still mad at that book but I noticed what seemed like a piece of paper as it fell out of the book. I told him and he picked it up and said they were a few pages with something written on it. As I again concentrated on the work he got silent. His  expression was unreadable as he looked at the paper. With trembling voice he excused himself. I was left in the small room with the papers that made my brother tear up a few seconds ago. And belief me sunggyu I had to swallow hard too. I really didn't expect what was written there, after all, it changed everything... 

 

____

 

Sunggyu's grandpa picked up the paper. Where is he going so suddenly? Really, he didn't have to run away from the work. Mum is going to scold him later... So what is there so interesting he cant hold it out here any longer? Mhh..

 

 

"hello my name is Kim Sung-ki. If you are reading this I assume you opened the book and are qualified to know the secret of the kim family. I have lived my live quietly like everyone else until my feelings got strange. You have it too right? You feel hot, can feel the heat in your veins and there is that longing or thirst after a peticular person? I know, cause I have it too and I just found out why. The reason for this pain and hiding from the people.

 

Please believe me when i say this!:

One of the ancestors of the Kim family is a vampire.

 

He fell in love with a human woman even though it seemed impossible to work out. They loved deeply and the fruit of their love was a child. The woman got pregnant and brought a healthy baby boy to life . The kid was half human and half vampire. Everyday was difficult for them because the child had traits of both his parents. He didn't have to hide from the sun in fear of burning to ashes, but he was very sensitive and if he stayed to long his skin began to burn and leave scars. His diet was the same as the humans with the exception he drank blood from time to time or he would have collapsed. The boy was different from the other children.

 

Nonetheless he grew up into a fine young man and as fate has once again wanted it to happen he fell in love with a normal girl just as his father. From now on there were many generations and the Kim family grew, the vampire blood got lesser in each generation and after a while was long forgotten.

 

Then the shock.

 

Someone had strange symptoms and the same troubles as us. The kim history was once again brought to life and the vampire blood in our veins was discovered through old books and written letters that were left of those with it. To prevent future generations of not knowing what is happening I decided to write a letter. So let me tell you.

 

Everyone in the Kim family has a small percentage of vampire blood mixed in their normal, human blood. It is so little that not even a blood test can tell. Some never have a problem their whole life and live as normal humans. But there are also the not so lucky ones. You don't know when it will happen, age doesn't matter. Sometime the vampire blood in you will activate because of a special person. It can just be your neighbor you have never talked with or a close friend. You feel hot in the presence of them, that is the awakened vampire blood that will increase the more you are with them. Vampires have a preference regarding blood so that means that the blood of the person who woke your blood up is your preference, your favourite. You might feel overwhelmed of other people or crowds but generally speaking you only seek the blood of that person. That doesn't mean that other people are excluded,  it can happen with them to.

 

What can happen? Of course you bite that person. That happens when you don't have yourself under control. But don't be afraid there is no harm because you are human too, there is no venom and you can't turn them into a vampire. It's only to satisfy your desires. That is the secret of our family. You are only able to open the book if your blood has activated, it's made like this so no one who is not supposed to learn of the secret can know of it. I wish you good luck and hope you will continue your normal life, you the one who has the cursed blood in his veins.

 

PS : don't be afraid if someday suddenly your e-.... 

 

____

 

 

 

 

The kitchen was silent. The only sound In the small room was the ticking of the clock on the wall. 

 

Both of the man did not utter one word. Sunggyu looked at the table, he still had to process what he has been told just now. Was this a joke, just a coincidental story? But no matter how often he would like to tell himself that, he knew deep down that it was the truth.

 

B-bbut how did he find out? Was it obvious? Did someone else find out, do they know too? His grandpa cleared his throat and sunggyu jolted up. 

 

"ehm, please say something, you've been silent all this time..."

 

".... Okay. I. Well, how did you know? Sunggyu whispered. His voice was shaking. 

 

"Like I told you, my brother had it so It was pretty obvious when I saw how you avoided the others, even your parents. And your friend, what was his name?"

 

"Woohyun... "

 

" Yes, I guess he is your.. "

 

" I know it makes sense after hearing that story." He stared at the table.

 

Sunggyu sighted and put his palms on his eyes. It's to much. Just -  why me? Wait? 

 

"What happened with your brother? "sunggyu asked curious.  Maybe he was cured! 

 

"My brother? He was lucky. He broke up with his girlfriend because their relationship didn't work out the way he always avoided her. After all he didn't tell her, he himself was to creeped out. He said he was a monster. After time went by the girl moved to a different town and his blood calmed down."

 

He looked at sunggyu with concerned eyes. 

 

"Please do not think you are dangerous. You have to find out how to control this cursed blood of yours. I want you to live a life where you are happy. Not like my brother, detesting yourself your whole life for being different." He smiled encouraging. 

 

Sunggyu returned the smile only lightly. He was not really in the mood to smile. This all was really to much to swallow. It's easy for him to say this...

 

"okay I... I think i will go sleep now, alright? It's really to much right now. "

 

" yes yes go get sleep. And think about what I said."

 

Sunggyu shuffled up the stairs. I will go sleep and tomorrow it will all be nothing but a bad nightmare. That was all what he chanted over and over while finding a room to sleep.He knew better than go to his bedroom where woohyun was, so he went into an empty guestroom. As soon as his head hit the pillow his consciousness was fading away.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally i got this chapter out  \(° °)/  *sight*

I know i didn't wanted to make you wait but after seeing uri Namu cry so hard and hearing that he was troubled broke my little heart :(

And then i was so confused about ispirits saying they want woogyu back and I'm like "Waee???? What happened?" (I'm not really up to date with news and not on twitter so....) I just saw a picture where Gyu looked at Hyunnie kinda sad/worrying/? ? I really don't know maybe some of you can clear me up? (If someone bothers with my stupid rambling.. xD )

Anway, 90+ subs!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! <3 

PS: I'm sorry if i offended someone else by cutting the last chapter in that way. it's just that i decided the chapters will stay each 1000 words and i thought i would be an exciting cliffhanger... No? I'm sorry if so T.T To make it up this chapter is double the length O.O