Chapter 1

The Girl In My Dreams

”Wait!” I bolted up on my bed, beads of sweats are coming out on my forehead.

It’s her again. I’ve been getting weird dreams about a certain girl, but I never really had a chance to see her face, half of her face was always blocked by her hair. The scenario are always the same, she’s standing under the big oak tree, shouting my name. I made my way to her but she’s just slowly fading,  and sometimes, when I’m about to touch her, she will just disappear. This keeps happening to me for the past few weeks.

I slowly went down to my bed and made my way to my table. I started to draw her face, everytime I woke up from my dream, not wanting to forget her mysterious face, I have this urge to draw her. It gives a strong aura that makes me wanna see her in real.

I look beside my table and saw the time, it seems that I loss track in time.

“!” I hurriedly went to get ready for school because for the nth time, I’m pretty sure I’m late again.

 

********************

 

“Class Dismissed” Professor Lee announced to the class as the school bell ring. Everyone in the class started gathering their things to get ready to leave.

I roamed my eyes to the class room and see that everyone is busy on what ever they supposed to do. Some are just slumping their bag on their shoulder and dashed out, and some are staying still chatting with their friends. As the room get abandoned by the students someone shouted at me.

“Hey Taeyeon! Aren’t you going to come? Hurry up, or else I’m going to leave you”  Yuri, my best friend told me, as she herself is about to leave the room.

“O-oh Yeah, just wait for me for awhile.” That took me out of my daydreaming, as I started to gather my things too.

“Come on!” I said to Yuri as patted her back.

“Ouch! Is that really necessary?” she whined.

“Just deal with it.” I nonchalantly replied

“yeah? Who’s the one getting lost by her thoughts?” she answered back “and what are you thinking that made you so oblivious to your surroundings?” she added worriedly.

“Nah, just some regular spacing out. These past few days is a one hell of a week, with all those projects that we need to turn in.” I explained. Tiredness can be seen on my face.

“Oh by the way, are you going to come to Yoona’s party this Saturday?” she questioned as we walked to her mini cooper.

“I don’t think so, As I said earlier, we  have lots if things to do.” I walked  to the passenger side of the car. “and besides I’m not a party girl, I prefer to just lay on bed and read some kind of awesome books.”  I continued.

“Oh Come on! Enjoy your life sometimes! Don’t be the oh so boring Kim Taeyeon.”

“And I guaranteed you that there will be so many hot girls that your byuntae eyes can be feast.” She looked at me for awhile as she continued driving.

Yuri and I are very close since we’ve been born. We practically grew up together, but the elders adore me more than Yuri because I was the silent one and Yuri is the playful one. Everyone, well almost everyone in the village has been pranked by Yuri. She is also the one who’s more outgoing and can easily made friends,  while me, I just followed her if not, I’m in my house reading a book.

“Don’t pull that kind of trick with me because this time it’s not going to work” I put my right hand under my chin, looking outside the moving car, admiring the trees that is years older than me.

“Aish! You really are so boring” she pouted

“But really Taeyeon, just this one then I’m not going to force you again to come with me in another party. Please~” she said while looking t me with her oh so called puppy eyes.

“ha! As if I’d let you” she continued looking at me like that and it’s irritating my eyes.

“Fine!” I give up

“Yes!” she cheered. She parked outside my house.

I’m on my way to the door when she shouted “I’ll pick you up at 7, wear some nice clothes you midget!”

“Yeah Yeah, go home!”


*************

 

We’re here now at Im Yoona’s party. I don’t why people like going to places like this where loud music can be heard from the outside of the house and people having drink, getting drunk, and dance their body like there’s no tomorrow. Aren’t they ashamed that people who knows them will know what kind of things they do here as they posted their pictures on their social accounts, nonetheless they are still minors.

I made my way to the table, where they served the drinks. I continue to watch people getting wasted as Yuri my great friend, decided to go, God knows where.

“Hey”  a girl sit beside me, getting her drink.

“oh hi” I said awkwardly. “You’re not a party people, I guess?” she said, trying to make a conversation I guess? “Obviously” we laughed.

“How about you? Are you  new here because I can bet that you’re not  from Soshi High, aren’t you?” I asked the new girl. “Well, you can say that. We just moved here, fresh from L.A!” chugging her drink. Her hair falls down in front of her face, she seems familiar.

“Have we met before?” I asked, having this familiar connection to the new girl.

“Mhhmm. Nope, I just literally saw you right now so I guess we haven’t met before.” She explained “Hey dude, give me some vodka” asking for another drink. “Are you sure you can handle that?” I don’t know why I’m feeling concern about this new girl. Maybe because of this weird connection I’m having with her.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure my alcohol tolerance can handle it the last time I checked.” She said while smiling. I was mesmerized by her smile because the way her eyes form like a moon is so beautiful.

“Hey Buddy!” I heard Yuri calling me. I looked around and I saw struggling while making her way to me. “Why Yuri? Did you decided to come home because you realize that you have enough drinking or you can’t even walked straight now?” I said sarcastically, crossing my hand on my chest.

“Nah, just some are making me mad right now. How dare she insult the way I’m dancing?! As far as I remember I’m the best dancer in our school!” she really look pissed so I decided to drag her outside the party. I looked behind me and said my goodbye to the new girl.