Chapter Thirteen: Kim Jisoo - If I Die Young

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And I feel like I lived so many lifetimes already and the funny part is, man, I just begun. So if I die young bury me in satin lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a Love song. - Die Young

 

I couldn't keep the stupid smile I had off my face. I didn't want to admit it but I was happy. I had enjoyed my time at the amusement park with everyone. it was weird, I actually felt like I had a group of friends, real friends. I pushed through my front door the high of the day still making me jittery when the blood inside me ran cold and the smile I had slowly was replaced by a frown.

"Ah Jisoo." My father called out noticing me standing in the doorway. He'd already seen me so their was no chance I could turn around and leave. A couple of his usual buddies was once again in our home getting drunk with him. All of their eyes turned to me as well. "You're finally home, get your lazy in here and clean up that kitchen." He yelled.

"Yes father." I said easily trying to disguise my dismay. If I looked anything but happy he'd accuse me of being ungrateful and therefore torture me. I shut the door and quickly made a beeline for the kitchen. I'd just clean the kitchen like he'd asked and then go to my room for a bit, then I'd suddenly make an excuse as to why I had to leave and get out of here as fast as I could. Standing at the counter I washed the dishes that overflowed in the sink. The task would have been made simpler if I was able to put my headphones in and listen to music but I didn't trust my dad or any of his friends, I couldn't put myself so vulnerable by not being completely aware of my surroundings. 

I was finishing up the last couple of dishes when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I tensed up and cautiously looked over my shoulder to see my dad's friend leering at me. His eyes were glassy with too much alcohol and god knows what else. He grinned crookedly at me as he stepped up to me invading my space. My hands clenched into fists at my sides as my stomach rolled because of his close proximity. He smelled like old cigarettes and stale beer. "Back off." I gritted out giving him my meanest glare. He just chuckled and reached up to twirl a strand of my hair around his stubby dirty finger. 

"You're so pretty Jisoo." He said leaning forward to sniff me. I flinched away and pushed him with all my strength. Okay that was it, it was time to get the hell out of here. I turned my back on him, big mistake, to leave the kitchen and he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind holding me to his front. His big belly poked into my back and I shuttered in disgust. I began to jerk in his embrace kicking and screaming so that he was forced to drop me. I ended up on my hands and knees before him. The sick man looked down at me and smiled. "You look perfect down there."

I was surely tempted to punch him in his junk but I didn't want to get my hand anywhere near him. I was about to stand when my father e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter