Chapter 2

We All Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Suji and her father were in the living room, watching a drama. It was her father's favorite, and he would watching with her brother, and sometimes, with her. It was something about a doctor who became someone who treats gangsters as a part-time job then meets a girl at the hospital he's been working for, she's been in a coma for years and was treated like a princess. (anybody?)

"Dad?" Suji called her father who was engrossed at the scene. It was a scene where knives are involved, surgical knives, that is. Some doctors are performing a surgery. "Dad" the said man turned his head from the drama to face his teenage daughter.
"What is it, Suji?" Sihoo asked his daughter who looked quite anxious, she's even fiddling with her fingers, unconciously.
"Uh...promise me that you won't be mad" his daughter started and instantly, he knew what she's going to say. She's going to tell her about her relationship with that male bestfriend of hers, Taecyeon.
"This is about Taecyeon, isn't it?" he guessed and laughed at his daughter's priceless reaction.

Suji's eyes widened when her father guessed what she's going to tell him. How did her Dad know? Her train of thougths snappeed when she heard her father's laughter, he was actually laughing! Laughing at her reaction. He knew!

"What? Do you think I don't know about you guys?" her father started, still with a teasing smile on his face. "He asked me for your hand and I said that I will only agree if he managed to hear you say yes to him" he explained.
"Ugh! I thought I was going to die when I was telling you!" Suji exclaimed as she hid her face on his father's chest, just like when she was younger. "I was really scared of what your reaction will gonna be" she added truthfully.
"A simple truth won't kill you, my darling" Sihoo told his daughter as he caressed her smooth hair, just like how he used to when she and Yoona were only children.
"Oh right. Dad, do you know where is that fish right now? I need to ask him something" Suji looked up and asked, remembering her older brother's existence. Her father raised an eyebrow at her choice of endearment.
"Why are you calling your brother, a fish?" he asked as he stopped caressing her hair and she sat back properly. Suji was about to answer why she calls her brother a fish when a somebody beat her to it.
"Because she's a brat" they heard a voice and footsteps entering the living room.

The father and daughter duo looked at where the voice came from and they saw Suji's brother, standing by the side of the doorway with his backpack slung on his right shoulder and hands on both of his pockets. 

"You're back" Sihoo welcomed him as he stood up. "Have you eaten yet?" he asked his son who gave him a smile.
"Yeah, I ate before I came here." Suji's brother answered politely before turning his attention to his younger sister. "So, brat. Why do you summon me?" he asked her with a mocking smile plastered on his face.
"I need your help" Suji answered as she looked at her oldest brother with a sweet smile on her face. "Jerk"
"Help? You need MY help?" Her brother was sincerely surprised by her answer. He walked towards her and touch her forehead, checking her body temperature. "You're not sick though" he commented before Suji pushed his hand away. "Since when did a brat like you ask me for help" he wondered with an amused look.
"Jerkfish" 
"Bratty Princess"
"Your endearments to each other are really one-of-a-kind" their father shook his head as he looked at them before sighing. Her brother put his hand around her shoulders and smiled at their father.
"This is how we long each other, Dad" her brother said while smiling. "Aren't I right, little sister?" he asked him with an innocent look on his face.
"You're freaking damn right, big brother" Suji answered with a smile before stomping her foot on her brother's foot. The older just pulled a forced smile on his face but his eyes says another thing.
"I'll check on your mother, don't kill each other here" Sihoo told his two children who seemed not to be listening. "Suji, Donghae, I'm serious" he warned the two who promisede before he left to check on his wife, the drama was forgotten.
"I don't fight girls" her brother, Donghae told her as he removed his hand from her shoulders,
"Because you hit on them instead" Suji snarkily commented, causing her brother gasp and looked at her with disbelief, at an over-reacting level.
"I do not do that. My girlfriend will have me executed for that" her brother answered and she just rolled her eyes at her brother and at her choice of girls.
"Ah right, that Queenka?" Suji tried to make her voice a little excited but it turned out to be monotone and dry. Her brother could only sigh at her reaction before crossing his arm, it was a known fact, that his sister doesn't like his girlfriend.
"You really don't approve of my relationship with her, do you? You haven't even met her yet. She's not like what the rumors say about her, you know" Donghae ended up defending hid girlfriend in front of his sister which made it more impossible to make the girl like the other.
"Aish, just forget that topic. Oppa, just help me right now" Suji begged which made the older to be a bit weirded out. Park Suji doesn't beg, especially to her brother.
"O...kay? What do you need?" her asked, clearly interested at what his sister is going to say.
"You compose, right?" His sister's question caught Donghae off-guard that he actually laughed. His sister hates composing music, not even once had she tried to lift a pencil or pen for it. 
"Why are you asking about compositions?" he asked as he tried to stop himself from laughing when he saw that his sister was serious. "As far as I know, you hate composing" he pointed out to the girl who nods at his statement.
"I do but I need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter