Chapter 1

We All Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years has passed since Suji and Yoona were separated from each other. Suji is now entering her second year of high school at JYPE Academy (yeah, I at names) and couldn't help wonder where Yoona is and what she is doing now. 

"Mom? What are you doing here?" A suprised Suji asked her mother, who was busy searching for something on the living room. She was just passing by, on her way to go to school when she noticed her frantic mother. Her mother, Hyeko, stopped, and looked at her before rushing to her direction, and grabbed both of her hands.
"Suji-ah, where's my Yoona?" Hyeko asked her with tears that almost threatens to fall from her sad eyes. "I miss her, Suji. I miss my baby..." she confessed with longingness as tears finally fell, trailing her beautiful face.

Suji sighed as she watched her mother break down in front of her, holding her hands. She had gotten used to it by now. What happened 5 years ago, the switching, had a major impact to her mother who succumbed into depression.

"Mom, have you taken your medicine already?" Suji asked her mother who just ignored her question and demanded to know where is her other child.
"Suji-ah, where's my Yoona?" her mother's voice turned more demanding as she tighten her hold on Suji's hands and shook them. "Where's my daughter?" the shrill cry of the woman resonated througout the house.
"What's going on here?" Her father, Sihoo entered the scene upon hearing his wife and asked as he spotted the mother and daughter. 
"Yeobo, have you see Yoona? I can't find her anywhere" Hyeko turned her attention towards her husband, letting go of her daughter's hand and walked towards Sihoo. "I need to see her, Yeobo. Where's our Yoona?"

Suji watched her parents from her position while her hands are holding each other. It was really painful for her to see her beautiful and bright mother turn into someone she could do not know anymore.

"Suji, go to your room. I'll take care of your mother" her father commanded, with his eyes on her mother.

Suji was gonna protest that she was going to go to school but the aura that her father emmits made her think twice and obliged, proceeding back to her room. School could wait. She couldn't do anything about it. This has been a routine for 5 years already. She opened her laptop, that was lying on her bed, and saw an email from her sister, Jiyeon. In those 5 years, she had learn to accept the fact that the girl is her sister and couldn't do anything about it. Jiyeon moved to Washington to live with their aunt because of their mother's condition. She  smiled as she opened the email and read.

From: jiyeonnie02@*****.com
To: skuuzky@*****.com

How are you? Still hanging? How's she? Has her condition worsen? Sis, I'm going back to Korea.

Suji was ecstatic to know that her twin sister is going back to their country and quickly replied to Jiyeon's email. The time difference between the two countries is 14 hours, causing it to be difficult for them to communicate everyday. Right now, she should be on her way to school while Jiyeon should be getting ready to sleep.

From: skuuzky@*****.com
To: jiyeonnie02@*****.com

You're going back to Korea? When? How long? I'm still hanging and Mom's still the same.

Sent. She then looked at the time and saw that it was already time for her next class. She waited for a couple of minutes more to wait for her father, he's the one taking her to school today because her brother left earlier. Calling her father to ask him if her mother is already sleeping and if he could take her to school now, she took her bag and left her room.

"Suzy!" Her friend, Lee Minyoung aka Min called her as soon as she stepped inside the campus' main building, second period was about to start when she arrived. In school, she was known as Bae Suzy, only people very close to her knows her real name.
"Unnie" Suji greeted the girl with a hug.
"Finally, you're here" Minyoung responded with a very excited grin on her face.
"What's the matter?" Suji asked, she looked like a lost child as watched Minyoung squeal before she grabbed her hand which took Suji, off-guard.
"Follow me" the older girl told her before leading the way.

Suji had no choice but to follow Minyoung, she was literally getting dragged by the said girl towards the cafeteria which made her raise her brow. It's not even lunchtime yet! Her eyes widened by what she saw inside. Her friends were all lined up, their faces broke into wide grins when they saw her. All of them were holding a letter of each word which she read.

"BAE SUZY PLEASE BE MY GIRLFRIEND"

"Oh my gosh" Suji had her hand on , her eyes became even more wider. "What--who..." she looked around, her friends, the students and teachers around them, her eyes stopped at a particular giant. Her childhood friend, Ok Taecyeon was holding a bouquet of red tulips in front of her, wearing a shy smile on his face. "Taecyeon..."
"Suji, eh...after us 5 years being very close friends--best friends, I finally had the courage to tell you that I like you. Not just as a friend-friend, but as something more than that" Taecyeon confessed his other hand was at the back of his neck while biting his lips out of nervousness. Cheers and squeals erupted among the audience. "Ji, will you be my girlfriend?" he proposed to Suji, holding out the flowers as he kneeled.
"Say yes! Say yes!" Minyoung chanted loudly, with the others following her soon after.
"Taecyeon...the truth is..." 
"Are you going to reject me?" Taecyeon asked with a sad smile on his face and was about to put down the flowers when Suji stopped him.
"Yah, let me finish" Suji scolded her best friend who seemed to listened to her.
"Alright" her best friend answered, still holding out the flowers.
"Taecyeon, the truth is...that I like you too, not just as a friend" Suji confessed to the male who was clearly surprised by her answer. "So...my answer is yes!" she said as she accepted the flowers in front of her with wide smile.
"R..really?" Taecyeon asked as he got up with a smile that he cannot hide. Suji surprised him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter