♡♡♡

We'll Get Around To That
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Sehun!"

 

His laughter rang loudly amidst the clamoring of night market customers who passed by us in uneven flows. A few of the older shopkeepers who were watching their stalls either gave us affectionate grins or livid looks for our rambunctious behaviour. Either way, they were ignored by the tall lanky fellow who was playing around with the mask set and dancing to the traditional music playing in the speakers above us, colourful ribbons jerking with his every movement.

 

"What? It's fun, you should try." Sehun took a different mask off the shelf and placed it gently around my face, his fingers carefully applying the elastic around my head. I could see through the small eye slits his signature aloof smile and crescent eyes through the holes of his masks, and couldn't help smiling myself. 

 

"But people are looking at us!" I exclaimed, embarrassed.  Nonetheless I went to the shop's mirror to take a look at the mask, adorned in red and gold lace with a mysterious and ancient design. Sehun went to stand beside me, his mask an exuberant green and yellow. The design made him appear threatening, perpetually angry and ready to kill. A demon king summoned to the earth to erase humanity from history. 

 

"You look like the devil come to take my soul," I joke with him. He pretends to bare his fangs at me and I laugh, but it gets cut short when he grabs my wrist to turn me around, so fast that I collide into his chest. Sturdy arms wrap around my shoulders, holding me in place. My heart was racing so fast, primarily due to his sudden action, but soon it was because of my realization  that he's physically a lot closer than he's ever really been to me. I could hear his breath hit the plastic material of my mask, and I'm sure he could practically feel my heart bursting in and out of my chest with every pump. 

 

"Sehun what are you doing." I could see his signature eye smile when I shot my question in a cold manner, him knowing full well I was trying to hide my embarrassment. I thanked the lord I had a mask on; my flustered face would have been the end of his jokes for a while if he could see it. 

 

"The devil doesn't want your soul." He says with a deep growling voice. I laugh at his tone because it doesn't fit the image of Sehun, the young immature little boy locked in the body of a young man. 

 

"What is it that you want then oh mighty demon?" I ask, playing silly along with him. I raise my lips in a smirk behind the mask, my initial embarrassment fading and a happy sort of feeling inhibits my conscience. 

 

Sehun merely stands there, no reaction whatsoever. His eyes give nothing away as he looks intently at mine. My smirk slowly fades, replaced by a confused expression. I open my mouth to say something when he cuts me off with a soft voice. 

 

"I want you." 

 

Everything becomes silent. 

 

 

My mind freezes, playing his words over again- 

 

"I want you"

 

"   I   want   you   "

 

(He wants ... me?)

 

-and suddenly restarts. My stomach flops into knots and my fingers get tingly and my heart reaches record speed and my brain has so much to say back to him 

 

(I've been waiting for years for you to say that)

 

(Oh my god Sehun)

 

(You can have me you've always had me)

 

(I love you, god, I love you so ing mu- )

 

 

"Wh-wait what, uh, w-what are you... wait."

 

Sehun laughs, throwing his head back and causing other people to look at him. He looks back down, still with a few whispery laughs escaping his mouth and a cheeky smile plastered on his face and unwinds his arms from around my shoulders. His fingers again reach up to my head, this time to release the elastic of the mask, and lifts it off my face. I'm more than aware of how red my face is, so I look down at my worn out sneakers and his dusty red running shoes. If I had looked at his face, I would have noticed how he had now taken his mask off and placed both his and ours back onto the shelf. But I could see his hands, free of my mask, take ahold of my small fingers, and heard his normally clear deep voice drop down to a whisper. 

 

"Jiwon."

 

I tried to look at his face once again but I didn't have the courage. I just laughed with the short amount of breath I had in my lungs and leaned on his broad shoulders. 

 

"Jesus ing christ dude what the hell was that supposed to mean?" I'm unnecessarily more hostile in my tone of voice, but it's my way to cover up my embarrassment. I soften it up with a weak laugh and a pretend groan. Sehun laughed once again and simply pulled me out of the store, releasing one hand in the process and bowing to the store manager. I did the same, and belatedly walked behind him, still too much in a daze to keep pace with him. I still held onto his hand though, his soft warm hand, which sent shivers from where our skins touched up my arm and down my spine. 

 

I didn't pay attention really to the direction we were walking. My mind only worked enough to make sure I didn't bump into people. By the time we slowed down I realized the trickle of night marketers had lessened immensely and we had actually reached a small hill that overlooked the magical array of the market lights. A bench was conveniently plac

Please log in to read the full chapter