Extreme Obliviousness

Why so oblivious?

Baekhyun groaned absolutely frustrated by the torture his eyes had to go through.

“God ing damnit! Fan ing service” He grumbled under his breadth

They were currently having there final rehearsal for their concert tonight and the scene he was witnessing was absolutely annoying.

Chansoo

What kind of ship name is that?

Baekyeol sounds so much better.

 

He was pulled out of his thoughts by a noise that sounded like it was made by an angry kitten. He turned around to find Jongin glaring in the same direction as him. Baekhyun and Jongin were purgatory (read: friend-zone) buddies and both had an issue with Chansoo. The only difference was that while Baekhyun’s cause of pain was a fairy-eared giant, Jongin had issues with an owl-eyed hobbit. Both were well aware of each others pain.

 

“Why us? What did we ever do? Jongin sighed  

“We fell in love Jongin, that’s our crime” Baekhyun replied

 

“Too much melodrama ladies” Jongdae stood between them “PMSing, are we?”

 

“No Jongdae I’m not in a mood’ Baekhyun grumbled pushing past Jongdae and going to find some corner to sulk in.

 

Baekhyun’s one sided love for Chanyeol was something almost every member was aware of except Chanyeol himself. Baekhyun didn’t want to tell him because he didn’t want to ruin their friendship and make it awkward. He, just like every other love sick human, hoped that the love of his life would just understand the not-so-subtle hints he dropped about being madly in love. But then again Chanyeol was a little too clueless for his own good.

Baekhyun sighed looking at Chanyeol from the corner

Why so oblivious?

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was late when they returned back to their dorm after the show. Some member decided to shower while others deemed it unnecessary. Baekhyun was one of the latter. He was too exhausted both emotionally and physically to be capable of staying awake. He made his way into his and Chanyeol’s shared room and changed into comfortable clothes.

 

Baekhyun had almost fallen asleep when the sound of the door opening and a voice woke him up.

“Hey Baek? Are you sleeping?”

“No Chanyeol I’m line dancing, what do you think genius?”

“Don’t be mean!” The younger said sitting down on his own bed “Anyway I have some very interesting news”

Yes, they were gossip buddies.

“And what is that?” the older questioned

“I think Jongin likes Kyungsoo, I caught him staring at us today.”

That caught Baekhyun’s attention, he immediately sat up in his bed.

Wait did that mean Chanyeol saw him staring as well?

“O-Oh yeah but how could you possibly…” Baekhyun couldn’t finish

“Why else would he stand all alone in the middle of the stage trying to kill me with his eyes and besides haven’t you noticed that not-so-subtle hints he keeps dropping?”

Oh, so he is not a complete oblivious fool.

Can’t you notice my not-so-subtle hints!?

Baekhyun dismisses him with a flick of his wrist and lays back down pulling the covers over his face.

 

 

 

His sleep bid him goodbye as he just lays there with his eyes open. The light was switched off and the room was dark and quite. Chanyeol had fallen asleep.

 

Baekhyun felt sad, for what reason he didn’t know. He couldn’t stop thinking about the male sleeping in the other bed.

His smile, his eyes, his lips, him.

He was beautiful.

Maybe Jongdae was right about him PMSing.

 

Suddenly the well ventilated room felt stuffy. He grabbed a pillow and his blanket and made his way out of the room as quietly as he could.

 

Baekhyun plopped down on the couch in the living room getting comfortable. Maybe having a little ‘me’ time would help.

Sadness and all that jazz was not his style.

“Author” he thought “when did you switch from fluff to angst?”

He rested his head on the pillow and fell asleep.

Why so oblivious Chanyeol?

        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It had almost been week since he ‘moved in’ to the living room. Everyone was very curious as to why the lead vocal had been sleeping on the couch. The first morning was weird to say the least. He was greeted by the sight of several pairs of eyes peering down at him.

He told everyone that the room felt stuffy.

“Are you mad at me?” Chanyeol had asked when no one was around

“No yeol. The couch just felt comfortable.”

Chanyeol grinned and let it go. (The cold never bothered him anyway)

 

The ‘fan service’ issue still bothered Baekhyun but there was nothing he could do and now that he was no longer the giant’s roommate, the time they spent together was close to none.

Notice me Senpai!

Since when did Baekhyun speak Japanese?

And he though maybe Chanyeol doesn’t like him anymore. Or maybe Chanyeol hates him. Or maybe he is disgusted by Baekhyun.

Safe to say that the elder was an emotional mess

Fluff, author” he said desperately “NOT ANGST

Still so oblivious Chanyeol, Why?

   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had a day off and some of members when out while others decided to stay in the dorm.

Baekhyun was sprawled on the couch (which doubled as his bed as well) when his eyes fell on the horrifying scene taking place in the kitchen.

Chanyeol and Jongdae

They don’t even have a ship name

Baekyeol is still so much better

Both of them were laughing and Baekhyun wanted to hit the troll.

Chen you . I called dibs.

“Hi hyung” Baekhyun turned his head to find Jongin seated on the floor beside the couch.

“What do you want Jongin?” he asked, his voice cold “Go, be happy with Kyungsoo. No one is stealing him away.”

“Purgatory hyung, still stuck there. But I have a plan that will help both of us.” The dancer’s eyes lit up.

“And what is this plan exactly?” Baekhyun didn’t get his hopes up, this was Jongin and he knew they don’t come more unrealistic than Jongin.

“Let’s pretend to date”

Baekhyun choked on air “What?”

“Yes that’ll make them jealous and then both will realize their true feelings for us.”

“And I was right” Baekhyun chuckled but Jongin just looked at him questioningly.

“How unrealistically dumb can you get?”

“It’ll work hyung.”

“Jongin we’re not living in a fan fiction written by a teenager…oh wait never mind”

Jongin started to whine again but Baekhyun shut him up

“It’s a one shot Jongin not a full length story. We don’t have enough words.”

“Fine” Jongin pouted and left.

 

Baekhyun got off the couch to go out and get some fresh air. He though of inviting Chanyeol but decided against it. He needed sometime alone. Sighing he left the dorm.

Still ing oblivious, how?

 

Wait………

I ing know how!

I need to spend more time with him.

I shall take what is mine!

Baekyeol for LIFE!!

 

“No author I’m gonna ask him to come with me. He’s oblivious because he’s dumb and needs more hints.” Before he could be stopped he ran inside screaming

“FLUFF NOT ANGST”

 

 

Baekhyun barged inside and threw Jongdae a disgusted look, he walked right up to Chanyeol and dragged him outside saying “We are best friends ”

Jongdae winked at the readers “Took him long enough”

 

 

Now Baekhyun expected himself to tell Chanyeol about his feelings but all they did was laugh. Because for some reason Chanyeol’s jokes seemed extra funny today.

 

 Baekhyun finally felt like it was a fluff. Hanging out with his best friend cracking jokes, he couldn’t ask for more. Oh wait he could …nah this was fine for now.

 

They walked around together for a long while, getting spotted by fans once or twice, having ice cream and then they were back to the dorm.

 

But even after the wonderful evening Chanyeol was still oblivious.

Baekhyun decide that night that this would be the last night he slept on the couch, that this would be the last night Chanyeol would stay oblivious.

Tomorrow morning he would end this one shot.

No more being oblivious  

     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Unfortunately (read: fortunately) for him this one shot would end tonight

 

     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol woke without his alarm needing to ring. After exactly two weeks and five days of doing this it had become something of a habit.

Get up at 2:00 am, check up on Baekhyun, lovingly (read: creepily) stare at him for as long as he could, brush his fingers through the elder’s soft hair and retreat to bed.  

 

Unlike Baekhyun’s one sided (or so he thought) feelings that everybody knew about Chanyeol had kept his quite a secret. Nobody suspected his feelings because he was always smiling at everyone, hugging everyone.

But no one saw how his eyes would light up more and his smile would grow bigger when it was for Baekhyun. How he hugged him tighter and longer.

 

Tonight Chanyeol felt a little different. The butterflies in his tummy turned into dragons, he suddenly had the urge to pour his heart out maybe it was because of the fact that the author didn't know how to transition to the end subtly or maybe it was because of the time they had spent together today. Chanyeol doesn’t know, Chanyeol doesn’t care.

 

He walked up to the couch and sat down on the floor

“Byun Baekhyun I love you” his voice trembled a little “I have been in love with you for a long time. And I never said this because I’m afraid you may not feel the same way, that my stupid feelings may ruin our friendship. I would still be afraid to say this if you were awake so I’m just gonna do it while you sleep. You-you are perfect. Everything you do is perfect. Your smile makes my heart skip a beat. Every time I touch I feel sparks. And just being around you makes me happy. I always drop not-so-subtle hints to express my undying love for you but you never seem to notice and I just want to scream and cry and tell you everything but I can’t. Why can’t you just pick up on the hints? I love you, I always will. I have one question

Why so oblivious?

With that Chanyeol gently ran his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair and went back inside.

 

But he didn’t see few things like Baekhyun’s eyes which were rolling beneath his eyelids signally that he was awake.

Chanyeol left before he could see the smile that etched across Baekhyun’s face.

He went inside the room before he could here the ‘I love you too’ that left Baekhyun’s mouth

“But no matter” Baekhyun grinned “I can say it tomorrow morning sealing everything with a kiss.”

 

 

Both the oblivious fools fell asleep again with those eating grins on their faces feeling happier than ever before.

         -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thank you everyone who read it. I hope you liked it. Sorry if it . It was based on this prompt  

Thank you again! :)