Wicked Fate

Wicked Fate

 

“Monster! You are a monster!!”

“Get away from me you monster!”

“You must be cursed!”

“Your parents left you because you are a monster!”

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes abruptly for him to wake up from that bad dream. His eyes immediately searching for a boy he had always lean onto. Upon seeing the boy was sitting in front of him, sleeping, he relaxed a bit and let out a long sigh. He looked around to see he was currently in a train.

Just a few hours ago he was a normal boy who lived in an orphanage. But now, he was here, heading to a place that not everyone knew. Place with full of magical things and creatures that only existed in fantasy books.

Jaejoong never knew, that he himself had the ability.

It was a few months ago...

 

“Hey, Jaejoong-ah! Pass the ball!!” The children were currently playing in the back of the orphanage. All of the boys played, but only Jaejoong didn’t. Jaejoong was a bit weaker than the others, he has a weak heart. With that situation, Jaejoong somehow got more affection from the elders, it was also one of the reason of why the children didn’t like him. The children like to play pranks on Jaejoong, and being a nice kid he usually just shrugged it off.

It was just another night when the children want to play pranks on Jaejoong. They called Jaejoong to the basement, just to lock him there alone in the dark. Jaejoong never had a problem with the dark, no, he didn’t mind the dark but... he just couldn’t understand it. Why those children were so mean to him? Because after all, they are the only family Jaejoong had.

But one day, he knew that there was something strange in him. It was all started when someone played prank that was too much. Jaejoong was mad for the first time and when he shouted a “no”, the window glass was broken into pieces. That wasn’t the only one time, he also somehow able to make a key vanished for a while when he was suspected for stealing. After that he knew something was strange in him and since then, other children started to call him monster.

It was a Saturday afternoon when he saw Yunho for the first time. Yunho came from a wealthy family and his family often came to Jaejoong’s orphanage to do charity but this was the first time Yunho ever tag along with his parents.

Yunho was so nice, he brought a lot of toys and even played with some of the children. Yunho is the same age as Jaejoong, while Yunho was born in 6th February, Jaejoong was born in 26th January.

 

Jaejoong still remembered it clearly since it just happened two week ago. He was just woken up in the morning when he got that strange mail. At first, he thought it was just another prank. Magic school, Hogwarts? Jaejoong might be just turned 11 a few days ago, but still, it was something Jaejoong won’t believe, Not until that big, tall man who looks like he live in forest for decade showed himself in front of Jaejoong when he was alone.

Jaejoong was confused, he was devastated. He still couldn’t believe with what he just heard. His parents were wizards? But how come he was here in the earth. A lot of questions were in Jaejoong mind, he was just too scared to know the truth so he didn’t ask any further.

It’s been a few months since Jaejoong and Yunho started being friends, Yunho often visited Jaejoong’s orphanage and they played together. This time, Yunho came to celebrate his birthday there. Eventhough his birthday was the day after, he had to celebrate it faster because 6th February was in Monday. Yunho thought he would get a warm congratulation from his friend but instead Jaejoong was kept spacing all the time. Yunho couldn’t lie but he was felt a bit disappointed at Jaejoong’s behavior.

Right before it’s time to go home, Yunho came to Jaejoong.

“What’s wrong, Jae” Yunho asked with full of concern in his tone.

“Yunho-yah... What should I do?”

Jaejoong told Yunho everything, from the first time he got the mail to that big guy who came to him. Jaejoong thought that Yunho would judge him and laughed at him but instead, he got a warm hug from the latter.

“Why are you resisting then? You always said that you want to leave this place”

Jaejoong closed his eyes as he felt the warmness of his bestfriend.

“Because... I don’t want to be separated from you”

Yeah, Jaejoong was quiet happy when he knew he could leave this orphanage. But he didn’t want to leave Yunho too. He wants to be with the younger one forever, because for Jaejoong, Yunho is the most precious person for him. That one person that treated him with care and love.

 

Jaejoong still couldn’t believe with what he just heard. Just yesterday Jaejoong was thinking of rejecting the offer to go to Hogwarts just for Yunho. But today, Yunho came into the orphanage with a big smile on his face and a letter, a same exact letter Jaejoong just got on his birthday.

“Some creepy looking creature came into my room last night! He said I was accepted in Hogwarts too, Jae!”

Jaejoong was so happy, he couldn’t be any happier than this. But, Jaejoong was frowning a little when he remembered about Yunho’s parents.

“Are you sure you can leave your parents, Yunho?”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong in the eyes and answered sincerely, “I am sure, Jae”

Upon hearing the younger answer, Jaejoong threw himself in the taller boy’s embrace. Jaejoong knew it, Jaejoong always knew it that it was all fate that brought them together.

 

There was also another story when they went out to buy their wand. At first, they got wrong wands as they kept smashing the things inside the shop. But then, the man looked at Jaejoong and Yunho. He thought for a while before took out a pair of wands.

“I was just wondering” Said the old man as he gave Yunho and Jaejoong those wands. Suddenly, the wind was blowing quite fast in that room. There were lights in both of Jaejoong and Yunho’s head, Yellow light for Jaejoong and blue light for Yunho.

The old man then looked at the two boys with pity and sad eyes. Both Yunho and Jaejoong missed his facial expression as they were excited with their new wands.

“These wands were special...” Said the old man. Yunho and Jaejoong then gave him their attention, “These wands come in a pair. The phoenix tail was so enticing and beautiful, thinking that it might made a powerful wand, instead it tore into two and become these wands. That was the first time and probably the last one such a thing might happen and you know what is the reason?”

Both of the kid shook their heads as the answer of no. The old man sighed and said, “Because it was your fate to meet each other”

 

 

 

 

“Are we arrived at Hogwarts, Jae?”

Yunho’s question woke Jaejoong up from his daydream. Jaejoong nodded his head and said, “I think we need to change our clothes”

The school was beyond imagination. Jaejoong and Yunho both felt excited and scared at the same time because after all, they were just 11 years old boys and for sure, magical creatures won’t look that great either in their eyes.

As they walked into the room, the students were looking at their soon to be family. It’s time to sort their house. Both Jaejoong and Yunho hoped that they would be in the same house.

“Jung Yunho” Yunho took a deep breath. He looked at Jaejoong before went to the front and let the hat decide his house. Jaejoong looked at Yunho In the front, and gave the younger a smile. Yunho smiled back at him.

“Finally, it was coming” Said the hat, “The legendary rumor that was being mentioned even after 100 years”

“Griffindor” Said the hat at the end without mentioning what rumor he was talking about. The students in Gryffindor cheered and Yunho ran to his table, happy. Yunho then looked at the front, waiting for Jaejoong’s name to be mentioned.

“Hey, which legendary rumor do you think is it?” Asked a student to the others. Yunho was looking at Jaejoong at the front but these students conversation somehow made Yunho curious too. The hat said something was coming when it’s Yunho’s turn so it must be related to Yunho.

“Do you think it’s about that fated pair?” One student asked.

Yunho couldn’t help but to eavesdrop more when he heard that sentence. Fated pair? Isn’t the old man said Jaejoong and Yunho are fated pair too?

“No way, that kind of fate shouldn’t really exist. It is heartbreaking”

This time, Yunho couldn’t help his curiousity and decided to ask the second grade student.

“May I know about that fated pair rumor?”

A boy with blonde hair looked at Yunho before telling him, “Well, there’s this legendary rumor that had being around for a decade already. Actually it is said that there will be two students come into this school. One of the students is a pureblood while the other one is a muggle.  Eventhough they both have different status and background they somehow become close and have a bond that won’t be broken by anyone or anything. But, the pureblood one was actually cursed.  He had a weak heart so that he would die at the age of 18 and the only way to break the curse is for the muggle to give his heart to him. Which means he has to die for the other to live. But, something bad actually will happen. As you know, a lot of bad wizard come from the slytherin house and the pureblood student will be in that house. It was his fate, to be evil and even kill his own friend so he could live” After the blonde student finished telling Yunho the story he was feeling a bit uncomfortable. He didn’t want the younger one felt insecure and afraid of that rumor. So, the blonde student added, “But hey, there are a lot of other legendary rumors though, so you don’t need to worry. Don’t mind it. Such a sad rumor won’t happen”

Yunho just nodded his head as the blonde one tried to cheer him up. But...

It all matched though. With Jaejoong being pureblood and has a weak heart while Yunho is a muggle. Yunho heard Jaejoong’s name was being called. His heart was racing, he didn’t want to hear the result. He just didn’t want this stupid rumor will really happen to them. No way, right? No way. Yunho and Jaejoong will live happily here before they will start their live when they are old enough. They had a dream to live in a sea side. Jaejoong loves sea. It’s impossible, they are not the legendary pair. Yunho shook his head.

But, Yunho’s heart was broken into pieces when he heard the next words from the hat. Yunho felt like he wanted to pulled Jaejoong from that chair and left this place. He didn’t believe it all, no, but... those eyes who were eyeing Yunho and Jaejoong somehow made Yunho felt hopeless. Those teachers really know what was up.. And Yunho didn’t like it. Not even a bit.

 

“What a wicked fate” Said the hat, “Slytherin”

 

 

 

That's it. hahaha. Please do tell me what do you think!! :)))