Smoke

SHINee Short Stories 2.0

Smoke

I knew a shop, a shop that smoked. Every night, smoke would come out of the chimney. It was black and thick.

I knew the cook, his name is Key. That’s what everyone called him. Every day, he would serve delicious food. He would smile at all the costumers, despite the thick smell of smoke.

I knew his assistant, his assistant is me. I worked for him, even though I can’t do anything in the kitchen. I wanted to, so he gave me an easy job.

Roam around the streets, he said. Seduce those drunken men, he said. I wished I could seduce him, but nothing else but his menu could seduce him.

Those men, I had no interest on them. I’ll lead them to a place nearby. Let them feel with their filthy hands.

On my hands, an innocent item. Though, they always end up on the ground.

It was only during these times, Key would praise me. Placing his hands on my shoulder, or even on my head, patting me. I could only dream of his hugs.

I would watch him as he worked, the muscles on his back, moving as he readied the meat with precision. Like an experienced surgeon, he would separate the meat from the bones. He continues with a smile on his face.

Jealousy.

After that he would cook the meat in the furnace. Once again, a black mass of smoke would roam the air outside, filling the lungs of passerby’s.

Someday.

Sleepless nights; and in the morning he would serve his meal to those outside, with the same gentle smile. Watching as the people ate with glee.

Look at me.

After the day ends, I would be sent back out there. This time, I won’t do anything. This time, I will be the one.

I knew he would be angry. I knew he would.

The table is cold, but his hands are warm. It’s painful but at least he’s looking at me with gentle eyes, and caressing my skin with his warm hands.

It’s painful, why did I want this again?

 

AN: I know it’s extremely short but I just wanted to do something like this. I actually got into a mental debate about which SHINee member I should put in the story, but ended up with Key.

Notice me Senpai