Monsters

SHINee Short Stories 2.0

“You are hideous, how can I give birth to someone like you, a monster.” She sobbed

“Monster! Monster!” they shouted.

“Filthy thing, you are nothing but trouble to us.” He said.

“Don’t come near me, ever. I don’t want anyone to know that I’m related to you.” She called out.

~~~~~

The year 3089, the year I was born, and also the birth of a new pill. A pill that gave everyone longevity, but took a toll on their offspring. Roughly 45% of the children that was born developed a mutation, so disturbing, it was often kept secret.

That was until the government decided that it was time to deal with this predicament. However, their way of dealing with it is by sending the affected off-springs to an island to die. Of course no one in the Central Capital knew this. All they knew was that the children were being sent to place where they were treated.

Although, not all are sent to the island; some are kept in a laboratory for testing. But after years and years of research, scientists finally believed that this mutation cannot be fixed.

Knowing this, the government went on a panic. I once heard their words, If this continues, the percentage of human population would decrease.

This forced the government to stop the distribution of the pill, which then caused an outrage. Many activists started wars, just to bring back the pills. Let’s just say that most of them were sent to the island as punishment.

~~~~~

Right now, it is the year 3109. I still exist and live in the Central capital, but well hidden from most people. My name is Taemin Lee. I was born in a family of aristocrats. When I was born, I was kept a secret. My family was supposed to send me to the island, however, thanks to my grandmother’s persuasion; I was able to escape that ordeal.

Right now, I live on my own, as part of a rebellion group that fights for the rights of the mutated.

To give a brief summary, the mutated are products of taking a certain longevity pill that was once banned, but is now being reconsidered. Every family that took the pill and had a child may have a defected child. When the child is born, he or she may look like a brutally skinned baby. From my experience, once the mutated child grows up, he or she manages to develop an epidermis, making them look similar to humans. However, the only noticeable difference, are the large black irises and also our clawed hands, instead of human fingernails. Our senses are also sharp, making trained mutations harder to kill.

Now, you might be wondering why I am in a rebellion group. This is because we are at war with the activists and the government, for the survival and equality of the mutated.  

As for my family, I already knew that they despised me; their words will never leave my mind. Despite all of that, my grandmother was the only one that made me feel wanted, and comforted. She was a person that I looked up too; a confident and optimistic woman. I wanted her to live a little longer, just so that she could see how much I have changed. However, due to old age, she died when I was five. It was then when my family sent me to the laboratory for testing.

The scientists there did not care, not even a speck. They tested me in every cruel way possible, not even a sadist could compare. I remember the scientist in charge of me dying only to be replaced by another; his name was Kibum, a smart and quiet man. When he first started testing me, I could already see the displeasure in his eyes. When doing the shock test, he would only administer a low amount of shock, just enough for my body to handle. He was different from the other stoic faced humans that worked here. He was warm, like my grandmother. He managed to keep me sane till I was fourteen. Throughout that time, he taught me many things, secretly.

On the night I turned fourteen, he woke me up. I was confused, but all I could sense was his panicked breathing and the worry in his eyes. He took me out of my cell and wrapped a black cloth around my body before picking up my frail body and carrying me somewhere. My eyesight was being masked by the cloth, so the only thing that I could sense was his rapid heartbeat. When I smelled the outside, I knew in that instant what he was trying to do. He was taking me away from the laboratory.

After that, I woke up in the hands of the rebellion group. I never heard from Kibum. That is until I started joining the group on missions. I found out from stolen documents that Kibum was executed after being sentenced guilty of helping a mutated escape. I felt responsible for his death and resulted to massacring a whole floor of the laboratory, mutated included. But I soon came to my senses and stopped my juvenile actions.

I swore to myself since then that I would focus on the task in hand and not let anything waver me. However, that was soon changed when my parents sent hunters after me. I was soon caught and brought back to my family home. Apart from the basement, the rest of the house was a blur in my memory. I was confused of why my parents summoned me back to their house. I was disowned by them, what did they want from someone they called a disgusting, horrible, grotesque monster? However, right at that moment, they were the ones that looked like monsters. The sight of them in their bed; their skin, sagging with wrinkles and dead skin, my father’s eyes turned grey from loss of eye sight, a machine that constantly made whirring sounds as they cleaned their blood. It looks as if they haven’t taken longevity pills for a long time.

I soon found out their desire; to have me steal from the government. Them being aristocrats, I was expecting them to be getting their supply of the pills, but it turns out that the government people selfishly kept the pills to themselves, letting the other aristocrats turn into ashes.

I was condemned to help them, they were the ones that made me, but knowing only hatred against my parents, I refused their request. They tried to chase after me, but their bodies had deteriorated a lot hindering them from doing much activity.

Till now, the government is still greedily keeping the pills to themselves. One of our members unearthed some information regarding this. It turns out that the government were hoping that this delay of distribution would help eradicate all of the mutations.

This is where my story begins. I am twenty years old, and my only purpose is to give rights to the mutated.

 

 

A/N: First story hype!!! ^^ I hope that you all enjoyed it. I have a feeling that most chapters are going to be like this, or something similar. I will still try my best on writting over types of stories so look forward to those. I am actually, really proud of this plot, hehe.