O2;

Stay ;

SM Entertainment building – 10:32 am ;


 

Two days had passed since Taemin and Jongin's “ conversation ” in the dance practice room. From that day on, not even a call, not even a message, simply ignoring each other at work apart from the usual convenience phrases. “ Good morning ”, “ Hi ”, “ Good night ”, and some brief looks.

Jongin was ashamed, Taemin was tired.
The blonde guy didn't have any clue about Jongin's sudden behavior, and he felt stupid. Not because he couldn't understand, how could he ?, but because he knew that he should have insisted.
He could not, tho. He couldn't find any excuse, any word to make sure that Jongin would pay attention to him, to make sure that he would not avoid him.
And also, if everytime he had tried to approach him Jongin just had escaped with some, banal excuses, how could he make it ?

That's why Taemin got tired.
It had always been like this between them: one of them suddenly acting strange out of nowhere and the other trying his best to approach him and understand him.
But something like that never happened. Jongin barely talking to Taemin, then going on to avoid him altogether.
And that time was lasting longer than ever. More than a week.
He sighed, placing his right shoulder and temple against on of the building's corridors. That day the place was not really crowded: lots of artists and staff members were busy with their schedules, as he had recently completed the promotions for his solo debut album.
“ Ace ”.
Thinking about that, it was great. He really made it, with everyone's support also. He had the opportunity to express himself better, to work with a famous American dancer and choreographer, and also … it felt so good, to finally had the chance to sing a song while featuring Jongin. “ Pretty Boy ”, that one, was their song, their chance to be on stage together, dancing and singing.
He remembered Jongin was cool at that time, they were joking, playing, clinging to each other as they used to do.

“ it, I don't understand him ”, he mumbled and clenched his fists. Taemin rarely cursed, he was a playful but well mannered guy … needless to say that the situation was for him more serious than expected.

“ Is there actually something that you can understand, Taeminnie ? ”, someone told him from behind.
It was Kim Jonghyun, his hyung and co-member in SHINee. He was standing right behind Taemin, mimicking the younger's position, but with crossed arms at his chest height.
“ Sorry hyung, I'm not in the mood for jokes right now ”, Taemin turned himself to face him with an exhausted look into his eyes. Jonghyun smiled weakly, shaking his head
“ Oh yes, I've noticed. Jonginie is giving you lots of troubles, isn't he ? ”
“ How do – ”
“ How do I know ? Taemin-ah, it's just so obvious to tell. You are both acting awkwardly with each other. No one in this place seems to recognize you ”, Taemin's eyes got widened
as his lips parted in shock. Was the situation so obvious ? They were acting so stupid in front of everyone.

“ I'm not acting strange. Jongin started and he's still doing it ! ”
“ Maybe because you're also keeping this behaviour, have you ever thought about it ? ”, the younger bit his lower lip and looked away.
Jonghyun sighed, moving away from the wall and putting his hands in his black leather trousers' pocket
“ Listen, I'm not saying that you're wrong. We both know that Jongin
is the one who started this, and he knows it too, for sure. But he's still Kim Jongin, and he is your dearest person, isn't he ? That's what you told me once. I can't believe that he is doing this on purpose nor feeling happy by acting this way, he can't be. So, Taemin – this is your hyung advice: help him out. Because he needs you more now than ever. ”

Taemin was speechless; he kept staring at Jonghyun's figure walking away and then disappearing around a corner.


He's not happy.
Help him out.
He needs you.

Those words echoed in his head for what seemed like an eternity.
He finally decided to unstuck
his shoulder from that wall and make a move: he would go to seek Jongin, and he would have pulled out the truth from his mouth, in one way or another.




( Somewhere else in ) SM Entertainment building – 10:18 am ;



Ehi, Jongin-ah. Wanna go to the game center after practice ? I've heard they got a new video game with a space set ! ”, the elevator stopped and two guys entered the second floor. Jongin looked at his – slightly taller - friend and EXO co-member beside him, then shifted his gaze to the floor

“ Sorry, Sehun. I don't feel like playing lately ”, “ Plus, I'm lacking of money … ”
Seems like you don't feel like doing anything, bro. Bruno Mars would be so proud of you ”, the other joked in response, still worried about his friend.
Jongin smiled a bit, just because Sehun's english pronunciation was simply hilarious.

They reached the recording room, willing to practice with some rapping for the next SM Town concert which was just about to come
“ I think I'm going to go back to the dorm after this ”, Jongin muttered while putting on the headphones.
Sehun checked the tracklist, then moved in front of the mic
“ Yeah, I was kind of expecting that. In the past few days you've left the dorm just to come here. Just. Here. For practice.
No more fun for our Jonginie ”, he crooned those words with his eyes closed and a dramatic expression.
Jongin snorted and didn't answer, sitting on a chair to wait for his turn.
There was no need for Sehun to remember him that, he knew what he was doing, but still he didn't know why.

He was feeling empty, senseless, bored everyday. He was spending his days at the dorm laying on his bed, staring
at his phone screen and he didn't even know what to expect.

“ Jongin ”, Sehun called him but still looked at the microphone with a deep stare “ I don't know exactly what you're going through, I just can't. But luckily I still have both of my eyes and my sixth sense ”.

Jongin looked up at him from his sit, holding his breath
“ This has something to do with Taemin-hyung, right ? You two are both acting strange lately, but you are the one who started avoiding him. ”

I don't need to hear what I already know, dammit ”, but Jongin didn't have the courage to say it. His body got stiff as he thinned his lips.
Sehun finally turned and apprached him with a severe look on his face: he was younger than Jongin, but he still knew how to make people listen to him
“ You're not going anywhere like this. Is ruining your relationship with Taemin-hyung what you really want ?
Because that's what you're – ”

“ What the hell, Sehun ! Stop telling me things that I already know ! ”, Jongin jumped from the chair
and went facing his friend in a sudden wave of anger
“ Then stop making people hurt and tell him what you feel, because everyone got it here apart from you two ! ”, the other immediately growled in response, and the atmosphere seemed to freeze.
“ … what -- ? ”, Jongin got caught in surprise. He was completely lost.

And, one second later, the door of the recording room was suddenly opened.



“ Stop making people hurt. ”



_____________________________________________________

... daaamn. 
( thanks for all your support ! <3 )
_celiane