Final

Where's the Flaw

“Oppa!”

Laura rounded the corner, dropping her keys on the small bureau by the front door. She listened for the sounds of her boyfriend in the small apartment and heard relative quiet, which was more worrisome than if there had been a racket. A din, yelling or crashing about or a sound system turned all the way, would indicate business as usual. Quiet could mean anything from Hongki.

Laura rolled her eyes and clenched her fists at her side. She swore to God, if the idiot jumped out of nowhere to scare her again she was going to straight up deck him this time... That was if she didn’t automatically become a ball of screeching and crying, which she usually did. She peeked around the corner cautiously and continued down the hall when it was clear.

“Oppa,” she called again. She was getting annoyed at the lack of response. “Hongki oppa!”

She paused in the doorway of the bedroom with a sigh. There, lying in a lump under the blankets on the bed, was her boyfriend. All that was visible from under the covers was a tuft of platinum blond hair. Laura moved to the side of the bed and nudged the mattress with her knee.

“Hongki oppa,” she called. Nothing but a snorting snore in response. She nudged the bed harder. “Hongki oppa.” Still nothing. “Oppa!”

Hongki jumped as she smacked him. He groaned and rubbed his eyes as he emerged from his blanket to look groggily up at her.

“Jagiya,” he mumbled with a sleepy smile. Laura cocked an eyebrow down at him and he stretched. “What, what, what? Why are you pissy?”

She held her phone out to his face for him to see. On the screen was his most recent Instagram update: a shirtless picture of him in his room with the caption “i know !! I’m fat kkkkkkkkk lol.” He stared at it for a long moment and then questioningly back up at his girlfriend.

“That’s my post,” Hongki said, one eye shut. “What about it?”

“Fat?” Laura said, her voice dripping with contention.

Hongki groaned and pulled the covers up over his head again. “You woke me up for a body image lecture?”

Laura pursed her lips, pocketed her phone, and yanked the covers down, revealing Hongki’s bare chest and the tops of his sweatpants, the band of his briefs peeking out from the fabric. He moaned again, the cool air hitting his warmed skin suddenly, and tried to pry the covers from Laura’s hands. She slapped them away.

“Oppa, you’re not fat,” she scolded him. “Do you really believe that or is this just a ploy for attention.”

Hongki just whined and kicked his feet in a tantrum. “It’s just a picture. And besides, it’s not like my body is the best.”

“You seriously can’t look at yourself and think you aren’t beyond gorgeous. Come on, Hongki, you - yah!”

Laura wailed as Hongki reached up, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her down over him. She struggled against him, but he had her pinned to him tightly, a laugh rumbling in his chest. She tried to pulled herself off him to no avail. Finally, she gave in and glared up at him. He was looking down at her, a mischievous glint in his pretty eyes. He bent to kiss her, his lips lingering over hers for a long moment. She sighed, letting her annoyance and anger go, adjusting herself higher up on him to allow him to kiss her deeper. He grinned when they parted. Laura glanced down, letting her finger trace over the faint muscles lining his chest.

“Where’s the flaw again?” Laura asked with a teasing smile.

Hongki laughed and tucked her against him as he rolled them over.