Final

I Need You
Please log in to read the full chapter

I highly recommend reading this while listening to I need u. Enjoy!

 

[MV] BTS(방탄소년단) _ I NEED U

 

Words: 3,200++

---------------------------

Fall, everything. Fall, everything. Fall -- it’s dissolving...

 

    The rain tapped obnoxiously on the window pane of a house located on the rooftop -- disregarding anyone that was residing in it. The heap letters left outside the doorstep was already soaked -- but no one bothered residing there bothered to get them. The grey clouds started to gather around the city, but it was as if it was pin-pointing that particular house on that rooftop, seemingly reprimanding whoever that was inside to get his life together. However, life was not one you can easily put together and get it going smoothly. At the moment, Jeon Jungkook’s life was anything but smooth. 

 

    Jeon Jungkook, a young man at the flowering age of 20, laid lifelessly on the ground. If anyone saw him in this state, one would probably whisper, “Pathetic.” --  but that didn’t matter to him, nothing did anymore. His arm that cover his eyes from the harsh world sagged on the ground, his fingers curled inwards as if grabbing on to something. His complexion, was dull, lacking life -- as if someone the soul out of him. He curled to his side and clutched onto the left side of his chest where his perforated heart located -- like as if someone ed a knife through it. Tears started to fall uncontrollably as he thought back those days. His breath was no longer calm, it was frantic and silence within the room was replace with anguish cries for her return. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    ‘It’s raining again!”, an angelic voice pierced through the crowd. Before Jungkook could even respond, she dashed forward to the nearest shelter. Smiling lovingly at her cute actions and gestures, he followed her by her tail -- which wasn’t a challenge at all, considering the fact that she was barely up to his neck. “Jungkook! Over here!”, she exclaimed with glee. His eyes filled with adoration for her as we made his way over to her. If anyone saw him then, they could literally describe his eyes as “dripping with love”. They were at a theme park for their first anniversary — a place they came often when they were still friends. Technically speaking, they've been friends for as long as they can remember. The friendship blossomed into something more — something both of them could never imagine. Obviously, if you had someone that knew you better than you know yourself, someone that loves and care for you more than you can ever, you’re somehow bound to fall in love with that person. Those feelings were etched so deep into them, they could no longer deny it — and this was the case for those two. 

 

    “Well this is just going great. Now, we can’t ride on anything, Kookie”, she pouted  while frowning at the rain that just had to come in between their date. However, Jungkook didn’t say anything. Instead he continued staring at her, eyes dripping with so much affection, one would probably find it difficult to describe his lovesick phase. Over the year, the affection and love Jungkook held for her had never wavered nor has it ever lessen — not even by a speck. In fact, it only grew. It grew so much that he could only curse himself for being so in love with this girl in front of him — but to him, anything regarding her was worth his time and attention. “Kookie, what are we going to do now?”, she asked, but he couldn’t do anything but melt at the nickname she had given since they were little. Kookie — the name he reserves only for her calling. “Kookie, stop spacing out,” she snapped, getting a little annoyed at her boyfriend who would only stare at her. “Oh? Oh. Right. Well, what do you want to do?” he asked, ready to give and do anything she asks. “Hmm,” she contemplated, “I am getting a little hungry.” Jungkook gave her a knowing smile, “Okay, let’s go for ramen.” She smiled at him, proud that her boyfriend knows her inside out — it was as if they communicated through telepathy sometimes, she didn’t need to name what she wanted or needed, but he’ll be sure to bring her whatever she needed. He took her small hand into his and walked to the nearest station to their favourite restaurant. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Bang! Bang! Bang! The door to Jungkook’s small residence was abused by a very infuriated Kim Taehyung. “Oi, Jeon Jungkook, I’m going to count to three and if you don’t open this door, I swear I will kick it down. Get off your lazy . Stop lying there — you’re going to end up with a weak back before the age of 30!” Jungkook sighed but didn’t dare to go against the older’s words. Jungkook had always wanted an older brother. However, he was an only child. Luckily, Taehyung’s and his parents were mutual friends and Jungkook was lucky to have his wish come true — Taehyung had accepted Jungkook as his younger brother and treated him like one ever since. For that, Jungkook will forever be grateful for Taehyung’s unconditional support and figure of an older brother.

 

“One!”, Taehyung threatened from the other side. “Tw- There you are, finally”, Taehyung’s face was anything but amused at the moment, despite his tone. Jungkook didn’t dare meet his eyes, he was ashamed of himself but he couldn’t help it. “I wonder what you have been doing these days. Well, you have been missing in action for 5 days straight,” Taehyung reprimanded. Jungkook could only sigh in reply — he broke his promise with his hyung again, but he just couldn’t bring himself to get out and live a happy life like he had. Not after he lost her. 

 

    “Now, now, don’t tell me you forgot how to speak because you locked yourself up here for 5 days. Reply me with words, Jungkook”, Taehyung glared at the younger man, demanding a reply from him. “I’m sorry, hyung, I just can’t-,” Jungkook choked back a sob. Taehyung’s gaze on him soften with sympathy. He was sorry that he couldn’t do anything for him. Wordlessly, he walked over and gave Jungkook the warmest embrace he could offer. “I’m sorry, Jungkook. But you have to move on — she would want it too.” 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

    “Jeon Jungkook! You better open this ing door. I swear.” Silence was the only reply Taehyung had gotten after standing there, banging on the door for almost half an hour. It looks as though the door was about to break — but that didn’t satisfy Taehyung, not until he saw that damned face of Jeon Jungkook. “Oi, Jungkook! Do you think she’ll be happy seeing you sulk in your room for so long?” There was still no reply on the other side and Taehyung was getting more frustrated by the second. He was talking to a human — but it seems as though it would be more beneficial to talk to the wall. He heaved a sigh and ruffled his hair in utmost annoyance. “I didn’t want to use this card but desperate times calls for desperate measures”, he whispered, soft enough for only him to hear. “Yah, Jungkook. If you don’t open this door in 3 seconds, I will never acknowledge you as my younger brother ever again. Do you understand? I will no longer be your-,” Suddenly, the door flung open. There, stood a very distraught and upset Jungkook. The sight of him sent arrows piercing through Taehyung’s heart. What happened to his happy-go-lucky brother? 

 

    Taehyung stood there with his jaw ajar. Not sure how to comfort the younger one. Of course, being as rash as he usually is, he didn’t think this through — he never figured how he’d confront and comfort Jungkook after luring him out of his hole. Jung kook’s figure had deteriorated significantly in just a matter of weeks. His face was hollow and his complexion has worsen. Who knows when was the last time he ate? Stubbles have already been growing on his face but the younger showed no effort or plans to remove them. “Y-ya-,” Taehyung stuttered. “Please don’t leave me, Hyung. I don’t need to lose anymore people in my life. I’m sorry, Hyung. I’m sorry, just tell me what you want me to do, Hyung. I’m sorry.”, Jungkook croaked as tears started to fall uncontrollably down his face. He gripped onto Taehyung like a little child, making sure he can’t leave. “I’m sorry, Hyung, I’m sorry”, he repeatedly asked for forgiveness. Taehyung only stared at the hand gripping on to his arm tightly. His heart broke at the sight of Jungkook being so lost and crushed to the core. To the extent that he is begging for forgiveness. Begging for him to stay. Tears started to form in Taehyung’s eyes, unknowingly. He pulled Jungkook in to a tight hug. At that point, all the tears that were held back by Jungkook, broke free like a dam. He sobbed to his heart’s content, knowing Taehyung wouldn’t mind. “Jungkook-ah, I just want you to know that I want you to be happy again. And to do that you must try. Promise me, Jungkook.” He pulled back and stared at the older’s eyes, filled with new found determination. 

 

“I promise I’ll try, Hyung.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    However, it wasn’t as easy said than done. Jung kook continued to lock himself up in his room. Although there were several attempts to go out with Taehyung. However, he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable. The emptiness inside gnawed on him and he felt that he could only fill it up with the comfort of his home. Which brings him to his current situation of being rep

Please log in to read the full chapter