totally worth it

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junghan woke up from his planned afternoon nap with his phone ringing excessively. 

He thought he could manage to get the whole afternoon to himself in peace, considering the school special holiday gave him no afternoon classes. He had planned to sleep, wake up by dinner, do some updating on his projects, and then head over to work. Unfortunately, that seemed impossible. His phone continued to ring, a specific ringtone that meant it was Wonwoo, knowing how the latter had messed with his phone.

He answered the call eventually, groggily letting out a "what do you want?" as he rolled around the bed, taking note that the other bed in the room was empty. 

"Come to work."

"It's 5PM," Junghan replied, having checked the room's wall clock. "I don't need to be there with Junhui till 12. Actually, what are you doing there? You don't start till 10."

"I dropped by to bring some pizza back to my dorm for dinner. I'm not kidding, man, you're gonna really want to come here."

Even if the other couldn't see him, Junghan rolled his eyes, "what would possibly make me want to sacrifice sleep for?"

"It's a surprise."

"Answer me or I'm heading back to sleep."

"Fine," Wonwoo whined over the phone. "Ruin the surprise then. I have three words for you: I love you."

Junghan, in his still half-asleep state, was really confused for about 10 seconds before what Wonwoo just said came crashing into his head and distant memories of last night invaded his system, and suddenly, he just didn't feel sleepy anymore. He shot up his bed, sitting up with his hair flying all over the place (he should get a haircut soon) and tried not to let go of his phone.

"Say that again."

"I'd rather not say those three words to you again."

"You know what I meant!" Junghan said, getting up from his bed at the same time and trying to remember where he last saw his uniform. "He's there? Are you sure?"

"100%," Wonwoo said confidently, before quietly adding in, "he's friends with that one customer who keeps ignoring me."

"The tall one? Mingyu?"

"That one," a loud sigh came from the other line. "I'm hanging up now. Get here as soon as possible."

Junghan threw the phone on his bed at that moment, changed into his uniform, and took a quick look in the mirror. His hair was in a complete bed head state, so he took a hairband and quickly pulled it into a loose ponytail. It suddenly occurred to him that he was actually feeling nervous. For what? It's not like he expected anything to happen with whoever the other boy was. Maybe he was being a bit too excited over things. It was too late now, though, since he was already dressed. Making friends didn't seem like a bad idea, anyway. If he could make friends with him, that is. 

When he exited the room, Junghan was met with Junhui sitting in the living room eating noodles. His roommate raised his eyebrows and looked at Junghan from head to toe. 

"If you're going to ask me to work more shifts, I'm going back to China," he said flatly. 

"No time to explain," Junghan said quickly as he flashed a quick grin. "Wonwoo called. Customer from last night. Bye!" 


 

When Junghan entered Pledis Pizza, he was immediately pulled to the side by Wonwoo, who then began dragging him to the kitchen. Junghan continued to feel nervous at the idea that his mystery customer was actually in the same area as him, but he tried to shake it off. It really shouldn't matter that much. What happened was an accident, really, it's not like they actually love each other or anything--

"Are you listening?" Wonwoo hissed as Junghan snapped back to the present. The former rolled his eyes, "right corner table, where Soonyoung is pouring water for. Guess what they ordered? Cheese and bacon pizza. It's hilarious, apparently all the other guys said it except for yours. I guess it spread to them too." 

Junghan felt a bit better at the idea that it wasn't only him suffering from the consequences of last night's happenings. Then again, it was caused by the other boy to begin with, he had just played along and suddenly now he's caught in a situation he never would have imagined himself in; trying to get together with the store's customer and all that. 

"Which one is he?" He asked, tiptoeing to look over Wonwoo's shoulder.

"Why don't you guess?" 

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter