wasting flour

Pizza and Other Cheesy Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

University life, academically, was going well for Yoon Junghan. At least, it could have gone a lot worse for the year. He got the easy load from his professors, who were mostly against having to read and grade papers till the crack of dawn. He had a lot of hands-on projects to do instead, which was also kind of a negative thing considering he had a regular budget. That meant having to take up a part-time job, which was close to impossible to do in the day, because of his schedule, which led to him working the after hours at Pledis Pizza, the nearest pizza place to the school. 

At least, he managed to drag a few of his friends to work with him. That, and most of the other guys at Pledis Pizza were around his age anyway, so it was easy making friends with everybody else too.

"When are you going to wipe that smile off your face?" Junhui, one of the aforementioned friends, commented, rolling his eyes. He was from China, and also happened to be Junghan's roommate. They didn't officially dorm in the campus apartments, choosing instead to live somewhere around the school instead. It helped since it was of decent distance from the pizza place, and the university.

Junghan was already in an upbeat mood ever since he started work, even if it started at 12AM. The day had went well, he delivered a good report in one of his classes, and he got a few hours of sleep before heading over. He liked keeping a cheerful disposition at the workplace, because that not only helped him get by, but it helped the other guys have a better time too. However, that night, his wider-than-usual smile probably had something to do with the really cute customer he just got off the phone with earlier, the one who had accidentally said 'I love you' and who began to apologize a million times. 

"Hey, you gotta admit, it was amusing," he said lightly, recalling the look of shock that pass by his friend's features after he replied 'I love you, too' to the person on the other line. 

That earned another eye roll from the Chinese boy, "such a flirt."

Junghan huffed and pouted at that, "I am not a flirt, Junhui, I was just trying to lighten up the mood. Poor guy was working on something at 1:30AM."

"We're working at 1:30AM," another voice quipped. Seunggwan stood by the kitchen counter, flour obvious on his apron along with some tomato sauce stains, much like Junghan's own. He was one of the original Pledis Pizza employees, and despite being one of the youngest, he got along with Junghan just fine. "Until 5AM, actually."

"Which only leaves an extra two to three hours to sleep some more," Junhui sighed. "I regret letting you talk me into this."

Junghan maintained his positive stance nonetheless, choosing to smile at his friends instead. Sure, he has class every morning that lasted till the afternoon, and his sleeping schedule varied on how much assignments he had, and even so it wasn't usually straight hours of sleep, but still. It wasn't that bad working at the pizza place at ungodly hours, because it usually meant less work to do since m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter