So Just Catch Me

So Just Catch Me

Peace.

The birds sweetly hums. The branches of different trees sway with the wind. Aside from that, everything else is quiet. I could hear my breathing so as my parent's deep breathings. I think they got tired of screaming at each other. Sigh. They were on each other's throat minutes ago. But mind you, they're not screaming profanities. They never do that, especially in front of me. 

And after a good few minutes of resting their lungs, they told me that they're going somewhere and won't be back until evening. They told me the usual things about food and stuff before going inside the car and driving away.

I don't know what they're doing with their lives but for the first time in forever, Dad got up early and started making breakfast, he cleaned the house and wait for Mom to get up. At first, I thought he had done something wrong.

And just as Mom opened the door to their room, Dad screamed "Ready yourself woman! I have plans". That's when they started yelling to each other. Yelling how much they love each other. Well, I don't know, but that's the gist of it.

That's when I realized how much they treasure each other even if it's not in a sweet way. I guess I didn't really gave importance how Dad massages Mom's leg after she gets home from work and how he moves the curtain out of the bathtub even if he doesn't like it that way just because Mom hates it when the curtain is inside the tub or when Mom tastes the coffee before giving it to Dad and when she sorts his food everytime we eat because spicy and salty things are bad for his health.

I never knew I have these kind of parents. That even though they're always at each other's throat, they don't stop loving each other. That they're together on their every thick and thins or ups and downs, accepting each other's flaws then making it their strenghts, and never forgetting that it's him and her versus the problem not him versus her and the problem.

Someday, I will going to have such a great marriage life like that.

With him, the man that I love.

Suddenly, Taylor Swift came singing ♬He's so tall~♪ ♬And handsome as hell~♪

He nods his head towards me before saying the nickname he gave to me when we were younger.

Ji.

I love it when he says that. It makes me feel special from all of the girls around him. Noticing the way he walks that I very much love, I smiled at him "Hey Daehyunniee~"

"Can I come in?" He puts his gaze on me. Gosh! When he give me that look, the coming off. I need to hold it up.

My eyes rolled by themselves in a playful manner as I voluntarily chuckled, "You know you're always welcome"

He smiled at me as if asking if I really meant it. Oh, yes I do!, "Oh. Am I?"

Daehyun enters as he made his way to the single seater chair that he would always sit into whenever he comes over. And I went to the kitchen to get some snacks for the most important guest I can ever have. He always like some fresh orange juice and biscuits that my Mom daily makes. 

"Where's Junhong?" I asked loudly for him to hear. Junhong and Him are like the best buds, always together. Sometimes, I wonder if they're dating.... Ugh. No!

"He already went home" I heard him fidgeting on his seat, "Need to take care of his younger sister"

"Aww. That's sweet" Fixing the snacks on the tray, I went to the living room and he helped me place the tray down on the table. He poured me a glass as I sit on the sofa that is close to him.

Daehyun gave me the drink and smiled, "Do I need to have a younger sister just so you can tell me that I am sweet?"

"It depends on how you will treat her"

He shrugs and leaned back, "Then you're gonna tell me that I'm beyond sweet" , He wiggled his brows and smiled at me.

I took a sip and crossed my legs, "Ye? Let's see about that"

"Ye? I'm gonna ask my Dad" He raised a brow then after a few seconds, scrunched his face, "She's gonna be Twenty years younger than me"

"That's insane!" 

"Yeah." Daehyun scrunched just his nose this time, "It would feel like my daughter"

"Oh" I smirked and bit my lip, "Might as well make a daughter"

"Give me someone worthy" I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEEEEEER! ME! MEEEE! I VOLUNTEEEEEER!

"You sure you're gonna be a responsible father?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I could send someone to school with no trouble"

"I could cook with no trouble"

"Oh. With Youngjae?"

Wait. What? "Eh?" 

He looks away and poured himself a juice and took a biscuit, "I mean if you're thinking of having a family. It can only be with Youngjae"

Oh right, I'm going out with that guy. "Y-Yeah" I guess. But I'm actually thinking of you right now.

He finished the biscuit off and looked directly into my eyes, "Ji. I have something to tell you"

I laughed nervously and took another sip on my juice, "What? You're gay?" NO! PLEASE SAY NO!

He clicked his tongue and leaned closer to me, "I'm serious" He didn't say no. Does that mean yes? Oh no! My daughter! My family! My Everythiiiiiiing!

Crei crei. I'm crying inside. No way! My my. I my lips, and looked at him as I try to keep the smile on my face, "Go on. I'm listening"

"You know, this is very hard for me to say but..." He looked uncomfortable as he fidgets alot on his seat. "Youngjae. I saw him... A few blocks away from here"

I laughed silently. I don't know what kind of laugh was that but still, I managed to let one out, "Maybe you're talking about Jongup's house. He always go there"

"But it's funny that it's not Jongup he's always with"

I my lips and tried my hardest to still smile, "Where are you getting at?"

No. Please don't say it. Please don't. Please.

"Ji. Different girls. Everyday"

I know I don't like him that much but damn! He's still my boyfriend. It hurts hearing those words. It hurts knowing that I'm never enough for him. It hurts that I've been blinded by my like for him before. It hurts that I can't leave him because I'm afraid to be alone, that if I did, no one will ever love me. I need someone beside me that much, and it pained me so much that I treasured that guy when all he did was cheat and cheat and cheat. It pained me that I can't let go. No one else will be beside me if I do, and I'm scared of that fact.

Stupid. Stupid girl.

I know way too much of the things he's doing but I need to pretend to be blinded by it. How stupid. I want to pretend so that no one would say it anymore, because it hurts and because I can't let go. "You don't know what you're talking about"

He looked at me in disbelief and continues, "Down in the alley, he's kissing those girls"

Stop Daehyun. It hurts! 

"You got it wrong" Ha! Trust me, I knew it all along.

I just don't want to hear the truth anymore.

"Always with a girl I've never met. He's cheating on you. Why can--"

"I TOLD YOU, YOU GOT IT WRONG!" I suddenly raised my voice. I... I just don't want to hear it anymore. I stood up and paces back and forth. Damn Youngjae! He's ruining my life. Taking a deep breath, I looked at Daehyun and chanted the words I never meant, "He's not the kind of person you claimed him to be" Yeah right. 

But it hurts more to know that I can't be with the guy in front of me right now. Why is this man so blind? I only get angry about the things he do. Why can't he see that I am yearning for him?

He lowered his head down, "It could have been another guy. I was wrong. It's a dumb mistake. I'm sorry"

No. You are right.

Sigh. Who's gonna love me now? Yeah. That's why I'm staying.

"Just go home, Daehyun" Please don't. Stay.

He looks at me with those beautiful eyes, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

So just catch me.

With those words, he went out. And it felt like everything else was gone, even my tiny bit of hope. And it felt like he took the last part of my heart that's left inside of me with him. And it felt like he won't be back for a very long time. I wished he had stayed. I wished I had waited.

A few hours later, Youngjae came. Asking to go out, asking for a little bond. Can I say no? I wish I could, I should have. I don't even know if I can trust this guy anymore. He took my little bit of respect I have left for him away. This is the man that I liked. The man I had in place of the man I love. The man I said 'yes' to because I got tired of waiting. The man I gave everything to. The man I should never have dated because I never knew I could hurt this much.

A lot of people knows that he's messing around. 

A lot of people knows I'm stupid enough not to let go.

A lot people asked me to do so. 

A lot of people came and warned me that he's just trouble.

A lot of people told me that I'm better off with him

But still, my bet was on him.

So now, I owed them a lot of great things.

♬And I look back in regret when I ignored when they said "Run as fast as you can"~♪

Months passed and my days all revolved around Youngjae, and it feels like years to me. He took me to places I've never been before, it was fun, but not enough. Because I'm yearning for true love and not just games. I'm yearning for Daehyun, and not Youngjae. But he made me smile with the best that have. Is he like that with all of the girls? Could I even trust him? Should I even be with him? I don't know. All I know is he took me out every single day but not this time because he said he's hanging out with his boys. Yeah right. He didn't need to lie. We both know we're he's about to go and yes, we know it very well. I guess he longed for a different one because he was with me for months.

♬We play dumb~♪♬But we know exactly what we're doing~♪

I looked at the caller and smiled. Picking it up, I wiped my wet hands on my skirt.

"Hello~"

Hey baby! Boo. Boo~

"Okay. That really ticks me off! Stop that!"

Song Jieun~

"Han Sunhwa~"

Oh Ji! I love you!

"Stop doing that!" I laughed, "You know who's the only one who calls me that"

Ugh. Whatever. So where's your boyfriend Youngjaaaaaaae?

"I don't know" I clicked my tongue and mumbled those words.

You don't know? What kind of girlfriend are you!

I shrugged, "I don't where he is. But I know where he said he is"

Lemme guess. Hmmmm. With his boys?

"Bingo"

Guys always say that! Go out with Daehyun! You have my blessing.

"Are you his Mom?" I mocked playfully. And giggled.

Nah! But whatever.

 

*Eeeeeeeeng* *Eeeeeeeeng*

 

Ugh. I really hate that sound. Go change your doorbell! It sounds like a pig that is being butchered.

I laughed lightly, "Okay okay. Gotta go"

Byieeeeeeee~

"I'll hit you up later" With that, I hanged up.

As I was walking to the door, I fixed my messy hair up into a bun. I clutched the doorknob and opened the door. Who could our lovely visitor be? Be? Be? Be?

Oh. Now, that's gorgeous.

Daehyun stood in front of me with his nicely fixed hair and the same style that always slays me. Da dun da dun. That's my heartbeat by the way. He's... wow. Oh my god!

♬He's so tall~♪ ♬And handsome as hell~♪

"You said I'm always welcome"

You are. I gulped hard. "You were not sure if you are". Wait. What did I just say?

Daehyun looks around then he bit his lip down. Gosh! "I'm sure now"

While still daydreaming of biting those oh-so-delicious-looking lips, I went out of the way, "Then come in"

Daehyun went inside and sits on the sofa. I, on the other hand, went directly to the kitchen to grab some snacks.

"I want orange juice!"

"I know what you want!"

Preparing the same things that he always wanted, I heard my Dad's footsteps coming down from their room, He looked down to the guy who's sitting in our living room and smiled, "Oh! If it isn't Daehyun-ah"

Daehyun got up and bowed in his direction. "Good Morning, Mr. Song"

"Oh please. You can call me uncle. You can call me Dad if you want, I've got no problem with that" 

Uhhh. Yes Dad, he'll be your son. Please wait.

"Thanks" Daehyun laughed.

I fixed everything on the tray, and joined them on the living room. Then took a sit beside my Dad. Whoo! This feels like Daehyun is asking for my hand. "Why are you here anyways?" Uh huh uh huh. It's fine, you can have it.

"Oh my. That's kind of rude Jieun" My Mom came in suddenly as Daehyun bowed in respect. Then poured her a glass of juice. Mom gladly took it and had a sip or two. 

"Well" I shrugged my shoulders, "He didn't visit for a good three months. He might have something to ask this time" Why can't I look at him? He's not really asking for your hand stupid! You were just dreaming, remember?

"Daehyun always come. Almost everyday" Mom puts down the glass on the table, "It's just that you're always out with Youngjae, that's why you don't know"

Really? Oh my. That makes me happy, "Oh. Is that so?"

Dad turns and looks at Daehyun, "Let's quit with that. You've got a girlfriend Daehyun?"

Oh please. If he has, it's gonna be me.

Daehyun laughs softly and shakes his head, "I wish" SEE?

I saw Mom knitted her brows and leaned in closer, "Why don't you? You should have one. A handsome guy like you can have anyone"

He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, "I have someone I like but she's not available" 

Oh no! No no no! Daehyun no! I'm crying. Crei crei. Scrunching my nose, I clicked my tongue, "Hana?". Well, They've always been close.

"She's my cousin"

"Oh. I'm sorry" That explains it.

"Come on Daehyun. You're man!" Dad cuts in "Chase after girls! Date how many of them you like. Live your life"

Mom's gaze immediately goes to Dad, "That's what you call living your life?" Then her gaze falls to Daehyun and I, "You kids should know that when we were younger, this old man here have dated almost every pretty girl in town"

"What? I didn't date them. I just kissed them" 

"Really, Dad?" I slapped his arm. "Pretty girls are your teenage story?"

"See? Oh Good Lord. Please don't be like that old man Daehyun"

"Hey woman! I married you because I love you. Now, shut up"

"Well..." Mom stood up, "I'm just glad he never made fun of any of my choices. I'm happy with just that", and went out of the house.

Dad turns to Daehyun and laughs, "How can I if I'm one of her greaaaaat choices?"

"I heard that!" Mom poked her head on the door and giggled, "And Daehyun, you can have Jieun". YES! 

Dad pats Daehyun's right shoulder and stood up. "Yes. I give you my blessing" YES! YES! YEEEEEEEES!

"Mom! Dad!" I hissed, pretending I don't like it but deep inside, YES! I DO! "Just get out and go to where you are going!" 

Dad chuckled and kissed the top of my head, "We'll be back little girl."

"Watch over our Jieun, Daehyun-ah", Mom waves at Daehyun.

"I will" He smiled and waved back at her.

"Please go" I whispered softly to them.

"And snowball" Dad looks at me, "You're the prettiest lady out there". He smiled one last time before going out of the house.

I stood up, then waves at their leaving car before locking the door. I turned to Daehyun and bit my lip, "I'm sorry about that" 

He just smiled in return and poured himself a glass of juice, "You have the coolest parents, remember that"

"I know" I sit in front of him and leaned back "They're going on a date so they won't be back after Ten later"

"Then I guess I'll be here until Ten p.m."

I smiled at his reply. Look, he's sweet. "Why would you even go here these past three months?"

He shrugs and took a sip on his juice before casually saying, "I wanted to make sure you're okay"

I scooted closer to him as I feel my heart thumping inside, "I am okay"

"I can see that"

"Thanks for worrying" Tsk. I'm dating. Why am I flirting with him?

He took another sip, "So you've been going out with Youngjae alot?"

"He's my boyfriend. Is there something wrong with that?"

"No" And, he took another sip. "No problem at all"

I shrugged and just watched him. His eyes. His nose. His cheeks. His lips. Oh my feels."He said he wanted to spend some time with me"

"Sure he does"

I curled strands of hair on the back of my ear. This man is so handsome. I can't even... Ugh! "And I found that as an opportunity to get the 'what ifs' out of my system" I'm in dreamland. Ilikeit. Likeit.

"So what was he like?"

I chuckled and list the characteristics of this man in front of me. "Passionate, loving, super understanding, and reaaaaaaally handsome"

"That many great things?"

"Uh huh!"

"You love me that much?"

"So much"

"Jieun..." He called out, "There's this thing that I've always wanted to tell you"

His lips would be the perfect pair of my lips. "Shoot."

"I love you. I really do"

"Oh" I giggled. He said he loves me, "I love you too"

What? WHAT? HE SAID HE LOVES ME! OH MY GOLLY WOW! HELOVESME! HE LOVES ME! HELOOOOOOVESMEEEEEE! I CAN DIE NOW! OH MY GOD! DREAM COME TRUE! LOOK AT ME JUNG DAEHYUN! I'LL LET GO OF YOUNGJAE NOW! RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I SWEAR! I LOVE YOU TO---

"Yeah. You're a great friend and all. I'm glad I found you"

What. The? I hate my life.

 

--------

 

"Hey"

You sound depressed. What happened?

"He told me he loves me"

You believed him? Song Jieun! How many times do I need to tell you, let go of that---

"No no. I'm talking about Daehyun"

OHMYGOD! OH MY GOD! WHAT? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! WAIT! Wait. Shouldn't you be happy?

"Not if he told me just as a friend"

Oh. Can I have him then?

"I'm hanging up"