[Sesoo] Man in the Mirror

Late Night Drabbles

Author: London_Calling

Pairing: Sehun / D.O.

Prompt: Seeing another dimension through a mirror

Sehun leaned against the pink faux marble tile wall. He was already half drunk, two shots and a weakly mixed captains and coke downed since he had wandered into the party. He wouldn’t be at Junmyeon’s party, his apartment if it wasn’t for…

“Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

Sehun smiled, that eating grin that never failed to appear when he looked into the mirror. But not just any mirror – this mirror. He ignored the random knocks on the bathroom door – including the occasional yells for him to hurry up – and stayed put. Junmyeon had another bathroom, his guests could utilize the other option. This room, this mirror, this was his.

He smiled as he watched the image in the mirror. It wasn't a reflection. No, it was another person, a person who he had seen time and time again. When he asked Junmyeon if he had witnessed the same phenomenon the man feigned ignorance - but in some ways that was preferable. It was Sehun's secret, his viewpoint to whatever, wherever this man dwelled.

Sehun had garnered that the man in the mirror’s name was Kyungsoo, via a haphazardly slapped on sticker name tag he spied one day. Sehun liked that name, repeating it quietly at odd times.

Sehun first noticed him the second time he had visited Junmyeon's apartment, dragging his tired self into his older step brother’s abode for a place to sleep - somewhere that was a lot closer than a taxi ride home. He had stumbled into the bathroom to take a piss and practically panicked at the sight. There was someone - a man - in the mirror.

Another world stared back at Sehun, taking the place of the reflection he should have seen. He spent many minutes trying to figure out what it was, tapping the glass and inspecting the wall. He finally believed, after watching the scene for over an hour, the man going about his day, oblivious to Sehun's presence, that it was real. It was real but impossible.

It was the fifteenth time he witnessed Kyungsoo that he felt it, some kind of deep fondness that bordered on a very real, very potent affection. A strange affection born of a routine.

The man, Kyungsoo, would stand in front of the mirror and deliver movie lines like he we practicing for his next big gig, like he was ready to take home an Oscar. "My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Sehun inched forward. He hesitantly reached his hand towards the mirror. He traced his left index finger along the cold glass, once again amazed that the image on the other side didn't move, didn’t recognize his presence. What was this madness?

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." Kyungsoo puffed out his chest and gave his best impression of Marlon Brando. Sehun chuckled. He was so cute, so....

'I can see you."

Sehun didn’t remember that line from a famous movie.

"Sehun, right?"

Sehun paled, tensing as he stared at the man in the mirror.

"I didn't want to admit it, in case. But ...can you see me too?"

"Y-yes"

"Where are you from? What year is it?" Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side, a cute gesture that caused Sehun's chest to tighten.

"2017. Seoul." Sehun blurted out. How real was any of this?

"Me too." Kyungsoo whispered.

"How is this possible?" Sehun touched the mirror again, still marveling at how any of this had occurred. How he watched another world through an object of reflection.

“I don’t know.” Kyungsoo reached forward and touched the glass. He kept his hand clear of the spot Sehun touched, as if he was afraid what would happen if their hands connected.

“If we are in the same place why can’t we meet?” Sehun was being ballsy, taking the initiative. Whatever this out of the world situation was maybe they could bring it to the real world. Maybe they could meet each other. Maybe Sehun could finally see that heart shaped smile up close.

“Are you from the waterside?” Kyungsoo inched his fingertips closer to Sehun’s, slowly dragging them across the glass.

“I live in Hongdae.” Sehun was mesmerized by the slow movements of Kyungsoo’s finger, the way they caressed the glass, moving ever closer.

“Where?” Kyungsoo’s voice was barely above a whisper.

“Hongdae.” Sehun repeated.

“Is that an island?” Kyungsoo asked, his gaze fixated on his hands, on the path towards where Sehun’s.

“What do you mea-“

 Sehun jumped back from the mirror in shock, a loud crash piercing the moment. He watched in horror as men in tactical gear, some kind of heavily armored police force, burst into the room and tackled Kyungsoo.

“In violation of Law 557, of the island nation of Seoul, we hereby take you into custody in the name of our commander…”

The mirror went black.

Sehun reached forward, towards the glass. The blackness faded into a reflection. He was reaching towards himself, the path towards Kyungsoo was gone.