[Chenyeol] Couch Wrestlers Anonymous

Late Night Drabbles

Author: ShiningRose

Pairing: Chen/Chanyeol - as narrated by Baekhyun

Prompt: Wrestling (except I know nothing about wrestling so it ended up being more like a couch fight)

 

"Are you two done yet?" Baekhyun's voice is halfway amused, borderline annoyed. He's been getting elbowed for the last half hour until he's practically clinging on to the armrest of the couch. His seat-mates are Chanyeol and Jongdae who can just not find a comfy spot that doesn't involve mangling the other in some way or form.

"Chanyeol's legs are too long," Jongdae whines.

"Jongdae's ribs are too bony."

"It's because your stupid arms keep getting into my space. If you'd just stay on your cushion and not invade mine, then maybe you wouldn't have to deal with it."

Baekhyun is usually the person to enjoy a good squabble, but there's a tearjerker on the television and right at this moment he just wants to wallow in heartbreak while not-so-secretly reliving the last days of his and Kyungsoo's relationship. It's why he invited his two best friends over to give him comfort, but somehow that meant all three of them crammed on a loveseat that seats two at most.

"Shut it, it's almost time for the guy to break the girl's heart, can't a man just enjoy the angst, ugh! You two are driving me crazy. Quit fighting and just... love each other, I don't know!" He sniffs and doesn't realize how the others have turned quiet.

"Love each other?" Chanyeol is the first one to break the ice, followed by Jongdae's quiet snort. 

"What a horrible idea, you're right. Now move your damned leg, you're getting knee sweat on my pants and that's just disgusting!"

They tug and wrestle for another twenty minutes before Baekhyun gives up being annoyed. He sinks down onto the floor in front of the couch and sniffs aimlessly at the TV movie. Meanwhile the other two take over the space left over and continue to fight.

They've always been competitive. If it's not over couch space, it's over who gets the most number of marshmallows in their hot chocolate, or how many guys they managed to hit on at the last party. Even the number of spam mail in their e-mails is not above competition, as if there's a prize to be won for accruing higher risk of computer viruses. Baekhyun wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out their and started measuring, but then, who knows what the two do when they're in the privacy of their own room. They've been roommates for too long. It breeds an uncomfortable level of familiarity. For instance, Jongdae sitting on top of Chanyeol's face with his hands tugging on Chanyeol's shirt because, "Give me the remote, I saw you stick it down your pants and Baekhyun actually wants to hear this movie, you know!"

Baekhyun knows the movie backwards and forwards, by heart and in memory. It also has subtitles, if the rest wasn't enough. He doesn't need to hear the movie. He does, however, hear the two behind him panting and if he wasn't mistaken, he'd almost say they were making out. Except, no, when he checks again to see if they're dead, he can barely find Jongdae. Chanyeol has his head buried under a pillow and his hands restrained, but Jongdae's two legs are intwined around Chanyeol's neck like he's trying to suffocate him. Probably is actually. 

"Are you guys just going to tickle each other for the rest of your petty lives, or will you ever finally it up and date?" Baekhyun doesn't grace them with more than his voice. He doesn't have to look back to notice how the two have become absolutely silent, again, as if that isn't incriminating enough.

"Date? Who, what?" says Chanyeol like he's super affronted.

"Who sai-this wa a tickle ma-ch?!" Jongdae's muffled voice shouts through the pillow. A second later, the same pillow, one of Baekhyun's favorites, goes flying across the room, and Chanyeol shrieks like someone bit his . Baekhyun doesn't want to know. He sighs and goes on with the movie, mouthing the dialogue with star-stricken eyes and crying just a little bit...

"Ahah!! Got it!" Jongdae shrieks several minutes later.

"Got what? asks Baekhyun.

"Oww owww owwwwww, Jongdae quit it that hurts owwwww stop stop... aHSDHHW!"

For this, Baekhyun has to look. Jongdae has Chanyeol pinned down on his stomach now, the larger man's head hanging off the edge of the cushion, a knee buried deep into the back of the sofa and his other is struggling to push his hips off the couch. Jongdae has a wad of fabric in his hands, Chanyeol's boxers to be exact, and if that doesn't produce the biggest wedgie from hell, Baekhyun doesn't know anything about life. And he does, actually. He dated Kyungsoo after all. For a short while. He sniffs, shrugs, and goes back to the movie.

" you, Jongdae, that.. ahhh!"

"What?" Jongdae smirks victorious. "Teach you to steal the remote from me and stick it down your shorts."

"I didn't... I didn't! It just fell down there when-"

"Fell? It fell into your crack?"

"Okay, maybe I sat on it wrong, but you were pushing me all over the place, how was I suppose to stop it?" Chanyeol pouts.

"Maybe you should quit wearing shorts two sizes too big and get some that actually fit, then maybe stuff won't accidentally fall inside!"

"Well at least my shorts are cool, unlike your lame pajamas."

"Excuse me, these are sweats, they are not lame pajamas, and they are super cool. They are Superman pajamas, okay?"

"Superman is lame."

"Says the man wearing Spongebob boxers."

Baekhyun drowns out the rest of their arguing for another ten minutes, but he's aware that the wrestling hasn't ceased yet. Another pillow lands on the floor, then a whole seat cushion. Then Chanyeol himself. He lands on his side with a heavy thump, Jongdae's foot sticking straight up his shirt and out the collar. Baekhyun doesn't know how this can be comfortable, but since Chanyeol's head landed near a pillow, he just draws it up to support his head, and Jongdae now has all of the couch, plus his bare leg covered by Chanyeol's shirt. With his other foot he plays footsie with Chanyeol's hair and somehow that sustains them.

Baekhyun sighs. Oh, to be that cute again.

He knows they're dating though... he just knows it... And if they're not, well, they will be soon.