Excellent

Miniskirt

“Jongdae.”

“Hmm?”

“Jongdae. Jongdae, you’ve been staring at Minseok literally all morning.”

“Mhm.”

Kyungsoo sighed and pushed his glass of water over to his friend, who stared at it, confused.

“What’s this for?”

“You need it more than I do right now,” Kyungsoo stood and walked back to his room. He had better things he could be doing instead of watching Jongdae thirst over Minseok.

“Is this seat taken?” Minseok sauntered over to the breakfast table where Jongdae had promptly shifted his gaze to the suddenly very interesting glass of water.

“No, it’s open for you just like my heart,” Jongdae sputtered.

“What was that?”

“I uh. I just said no and you smell like fart.”

“Oh…” Minseok’s face fell.

“I WAS JUST JOKING THOUGH!!!!!!” Jongdae shouted way too loud, nervous that he had offended Minseok.

“SHUT UP KYUNGSOO IS TRYING TO WATCH SOME ANIME IN THERE,” Jongin shouted from Kyungsoo’s room.

“YEAH I’M TRYING TO WATCH SOME ANIME IN HERE.” Kyungsoo yelled.

“KYUNGSOO, GO GET ME MY PRINGLE.” Jongin continued shouting.

“EAT MY ENTIRE JONGIN.”

“WHY ARE YOU TWO YELLING AT ME TO STOP YELLING WHEN YOU KEEP YELLING?” Jongdae could play this game. He was a vocalist; he had pipes of steel.

“WOULD THE THREE OF YOU JUST SHUT UP,” Leader Junmama rounded the corner, holding a Bible in one hand and a mop in the other.

“Please, for the love of God,” Minseok was rubbing his temples, annoyed with the scene playing out around him. He literally just wanted to sit with Jongdae. He didn’t ask for this.

“Did someone say God?” Junmyeon smiled and tried to make his way over to Minseok when Tao popped in.

“Hey, does anyone wanna go shopping with me? I usually go with Baekhyun, but I think he and Chanyeol are doing something together.”

“Yes, oh my God, Tao I will literally go anywhere with you, just get me the hell out of this loud dorm.” Minseok jumped out of the chair and bounded towards the door.

“Y-yeah, I’ll come too!” Jongdae hopped along behind him.

“The word of the Lord will still be here when you return! You can run from his human servants, but you cannot run from Christ!” Junmyeon called after them as they left.

“Do you think we could ask the company to get a different dorm? Like, maybe one on the other side of the country.” Minseok pinched the bridge of his nose as they walked down the street. Jongdae laughed.

“We could always just relocate to the one in China permanently,” He suggested. Tao perked up at that idea.

“I’d be down with that,” Minseok and Tao chirped at the same time.

They chatted about the pros and cons of moving to China as they walked until Tao stopped them suddenly.

“Oh my God,” Tao gasped.

“What?!” Minseok and Jongdae looked around for some sign of trouble. Something had to be terribly wrong for Tao to have stopped them in such haste.

“Oh my God, there’s a sale at this shop, let’s go in,” Tao squealed, dragging the two older boys inside, oblivious to their mini heart attacks.

“Tao,” Jongdae stopped, looking around. “I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I think this is women’s clothing store.”

“Dude.” Tao stared him dead in the eye. “Clothes are just pieces of fabric. Stop assigning gender to them and love yourself.” Minseok nodded in solemn agreement.

“He has a point, Jongdae.”

“But, I-”

Tao took him by the shoulders and stared him down. “Jongdae. Love yourself and put on a dress. It’s the most freeing thing you will ever do.”

“I- But-,” Jongdae struggled to speak. “Only if he puts on a skirt!” Jongdae blurted out, pointing at Minseok, whole only shrugged.

“Yeah sure. I’ll do it.” Minseok smirked. God, Jongdae loved it when Minseok smirked. “But only if I get to pick the dress.”

“And I get to pick the skirt?”

“Fine.”

Tao clapped excitedly. “This is just great! I’ll leave you two to it!”

“Wait,” Jongdae froze. “Where are you going, Tao?”

“Oh, I don’t want to get in the way of this special moment for you two. I’ll be in the shop next door!” Tao winked at him.

Jongdae paled. He really shouldn’t have made it obvious how gay he was for Minseok, because of course the other members would want to pull something like this.

“Alright, I’ll send you lots of pictures of the results on snapchat!” Minseok waved to Tao and dragged Jongdae deeper into the store.

“Make your decision wisely, Jongdae,” Minseok winked at him. “I know I will.” He let Jongdae loose in the store, disappearing into the racks of dresses. Jongdae couldn’t breathe. He was going to be stuffed in a dress, which freaked him out, but more importantly, Minseok had just winked at him.

Jongdae blindly made his way to the skirt section, fumbling around with whatever he could get his hands on while he snatched his phone out of his bag and dialed Kyungsoo.

“What the actual do you want Jongdae?”

“Minseok winked at me.”

“Wow. That sure is news. Send me an invitation to the wedding.”

“Kyugnug this is serious!”

“Do I sound not serious?”

“Kmart please.”

“Stop calling me those ridiculous names.”

“He WINKED at ME, Kyanso!”

“I’m hanging up on you now.”

“Kyipnip-” But Kyungsoo had already hung up on him. Jongdae sighed. He better make this choice good.

That was when he spotted it.

The rack of miracles.

A devilish grin spread across his face.

“Jongdae, have you picked something yet?” Minseok called from the front of the changing room, holding onto a hook, carefully hiding his handpicked garment behind his back.

“I think so, and I hope you’ll like it,” Jongdae practically sang back, snatching up his weapon and a cute shirt to complete the outfit.

Minseok smiled sweetly and handed over Jongdae’s dress as Jongdae maliciously the outfit into Minseok’s waiting arms. They entered their separate changing rooms to inspect what the other had picked out for them.

Jongdae gasped. Minseok had chosen a calf length midnight blue asymmetrical strapless dress for him. From the opposite room, he could hear Minseok laughing uncontrollably. He was momentarily distracted from his fate by Minseok’s torture.

“You made a deal, you have to wear it,” Jongdae called out to him, smirking. He definitely knew he had the upper hand here. Minseok would chicken out and he would win this competition.

“Same goes for you, buddy.” Minseok replied.

With a shudder, Jongdae returned his attention to the dress. It wasn’t unattractive, to be honest. Minseok had good taste. But Jongdae already knew that. He sighed, shrugged, and undressed, then shot the dress one last wary look before slipping it on.

So, Tao really wasn’t lying. The dress made him feel very free. He could move around pretty easily. He did feel kinda vulnerable though. Like, without the sturdiness of jeans to protect his legs, and thick cotton to protect his shoulders, who knew what sorts of things people could do to him. He hoped Minseok could read minds and get that idea stuck in his head.

“Are you ready yet, slowpoke?” Minseok called from outside his door.

“Yep, are you?” Jongdae was so ready for this. He had totally won and when he opened his door he was going to see Minseok in the same clothes he’d started out with and Jongdae was gonna win and get to take off this dress and-

Holy .

Minseok stood in front of him, proudly wearing the miniskirt and crop top he had picked out so strategically.

“What do you think?” Minseok smiled at him.

“You’re hot as hell…”

“I- I meant of the dress?”

Jongdae blushed. “Oh. Tao was right. It is freeing. I’m sorry I doubted him.”

“You look amazing in it, by the way.” Minseok’s smile softened.

Oh boy, did Jongdae cave.

“You do too,” Jongdae’s eyes raked up and down Minseok’s body. The miniskirt came up dangerously high on his thighs, and the crop top showed off a set of abs that had Jongdae’s heart pounding. He was so gorgeous.

Then, one second they were feet apart, and the next, Jongdae was breaking the distance and pressed his lips against Minseok’s.

Minseok let out a surprised gasp, but gradually melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Jongdae’s waist and smiling after Jongdae pulled away to breathe.

“Took you long enough,” Minseok whispered.

“You knew?!” Jongdae squealed.

“Jongdae, everyone knew. You’re not very subtle.”

“And you’re not mad?”

Minseok laughed and kissed Jongdae’s forehead. “No, you silly nugget! I’m actually really glad you finally did something about it. I was too shy to even think about making the first move.”

“Oh, Minseok,” Jongdae grinned.

“Jongdae.”

“Hmm.”

“Jongdae. Jongdae you’ve been staring at Minseok literally all morning.” Kyungsoo was so tired of this. Every morning he sat down to have breakfast with his friend, and every morning that so called friend wasted away their time together to ogle Minseok.

“Mhm.”

Kyungsoo sighed and pushed his glass of water over towards Jondae’s thirsty .

It took him a second, but Jongdae suddenly realized he had been daydreaming this whole time. He popped up and went to sit beside Minseok.

“Hey, Minseok, best buddy of mine,” Kyungsoo huffed loudly from the breakfast table, very obviously offended, but Jongdae ignored him. He was on a mission. “What do you say we go shopping together today?”

Minseok nodded, smiling. “Yeah sure, let’s do it!”

Jongdae smirked.

“Excellent.”