Sure, You're Right

Sure, You're Right

"Hey Daehyun, look at this"

Junhong called out, gesturing me to come closer to him. I rolled my eyes and kicked the can that's lying in front of me before going to where he is. He's hiding behind the big garbage can as his eyes are locked onto something.

"What do you need me for?" I lazily said, "And what are you doing there?"

He pulled me down to his side and shushed me, "There on the alley!"

"The narrow alley?" I looked at him and turned my gaze to the said alley. I smirked and look at him again, "Okay. I'm getting this. You want me to watch a kissing couple?"

"No!" He hissed.

I rolled my eyes and stand up, pulling him with me, "Let's go. They're making "

Junhong pulled me back down and smacked the back of my head, "Shut it!" He hissed, "Look closely at the guy!"

I narrowed my eyes to see a better view of the guy sloppily kissi-- Eew. Is that saliva? Yuck. I don't want to look anymore. I turned my head away and contorted my face in disgust.

Junhong looked at me and raised a brow, "What are you doing?"

"I can't look. The saliva is there"

He rolled his eyes, "As if you don't share your precious saliva when you're kissing"

"Yeah! But it doesn't run out and flows down out of our mouths!"

"I know it's disgusting but just look at the guy!"

I rolled my eyes at him, "Why? You like him?"

"Ha. Ha. Funny" He sneered, "Mind the sarcasm please"

I nod, "I'll try"

"Just stop being a jackass for once and look at the guy!" He hissed and smacked the back of my head for the second time. I rubbed the back of my head and look at the kissing couple again. Tsk. I'm older than him. Who does he think he is? Tsk! Like a DLSR, I focused my gaze to the guy sloppily kiss--- Okay! That is really disgusting! But for our majesty, I didn't look away and endured the disgusting view. The guy's hand is in the girl's face and is completely in sight. His lips... Well yeah, is in the girl's lips and his eyes are closed. Wait! What the ! Is that-- "He looks familiar, doesn't he?"

My teeth gritted and I snarled, "What do you mean he looks familiar? ! That damn guy!"

Junhong looks at me, and for the first time, I didn't know what his expression means. "Daehyun... That girl isn't her, is she?"

"Hell! She's a lot prettier than that barracuda!" I stood up and stomp my way to them, only to be pulled by Junhong.

"Please respect the girl"

"She needs that?"

"Look! Maybe she doesn't know"

"Then let's go! Let's tell her!" I pulled Junhong with me as he desperately pulls me back away from them.

"Without breaking a fight"

"Look Junhong," I freed myself from him and looks at him, "This is a fight wherever you look at it! This is the third time this week! And I just can't watch anymore!"

"I don't like the guy very much either" He tried to pull me away again. "But for our friend, let's not do this!"

I look at that ing guy then to Junhong, no words came out from me. And for the third time this week, I walked away like nothing happened, like I didn't see a damn thing. ! That damn guy is getting on my damn nerves! Girls are not trophy! The hell with him! Somebody out there might truly love one of those girls, and he's ruining another love story that can happen because of his ing raging hormones! No woman deserves a treatment like that! No woman deserves a boy. Damn! I really hate that guy! It's guys like him why girls that's been broken both in heart and body blame everything on our whole species. Like hello? There are hella lot more guys that are not like that! Please don't blame us all. You're blaming me too. And that hurts me. Do you want to hurt me? 

On the way home, I thought of a girl who's been waiting patiently at her home, hoping to see a glimpse of her man like always. She's always waiting for the man she love every single day. Not even realizing that the same guy messes with every single girl he sees. Damn that ing ty boy!

There she is, waiting for him again, with a hint of sweet anticipation on her face. What did he feed to this gorgeous lady? 

And he's gone again, chasing girls like always. Why don't he see how much this girl treasure and love him?

Damn guy.

"Ji" I nod my head in her direction.

She smiled in response, "Hey Daehyunniee~"

Oh. What would he do if that smile will be no longer in his sight. Huge loss. 

"Can I come in?"

She rolled her eyes playfully, chuckling softly, "You know you're always welcome"

"Oh. Am I?" I cheekily replied and made my way inside before sitting on a single seated chair.

The playful conversation starts, Jieun has a huge smile on her face and it never gone away. And I counter all of her smart remarks, every single one of them. It's a good feeling having her close to me. I'm glad that she could be this happy. But I want more, this is never enough. I want more than this. And I can give her more. More than he can give. If he really did gave her anything at all.

And I really can't take it anymore.

I took a deep breath before looking directly at her eyes, "Ji. I have something to tell you"

"What? You're gay?" She laughs softly before taking a sip on her glass of juice that she prepared earlier.

"I'm serious"

She placed the glass down on the table and looks at me while still smiling. "Go on. I'm listening"

I took another deep breath, "You know, this is very hard for me to say but..."

"Hmm?"

"Youngjae. I saw him... A few blocks away from here"

She laughs softly, "Maybe you're talking about Jongup's house. He always go there."

"But it's funny that it's not Jongup he's always with"

She her lips and smiled, "Daehyun. Where are you getting at?"

"Ji" I bit my lower lip and shake my head softly, "Different girls. Everyday"

She just looks at me, her smile dropped. Her face became expressionless. And as her deep breathing is loudly heard, she took a big gulp on her juice and looks away from me. "You don't know what you're talking about"

"Down in the alley, he's kissing those girls"

She sighed heavily, "You got it wrong"

"Always with a girl I've never met. He's cheating on you. Why can--"

"I TOLD YOU, YOU GOT IT WRONG!" She suddenly snapped, her voice raised. And tears falling down on her face. She took a deep breath and fanned herself. After a while, she stood up and began pacing back and forth. Then she stops to look at me, "He's not the kind of person you claimed him to be"

Sure, you're right.

She looked right into my eyes, I can see every tear that's dropping. To see her cry is what I most fear, if she just let me wipe away those tears.

I hate how she never trust me. And I'm sick and tired of this endless waiting. But still, through the troubles and all the anger, I find no way to let go of this love.

I know how badly you've been aching. And the thought of it hurts me even more than you.

The look in her eyes was so strong. I looked down and mumbled, "It could have been another guy." Now, I have to lie, "I was wrong. It's a dumb mistake. I'm sorry"

But how can it be another guy? I know that guy's face like my alphabet. The kind of face no one should trust!

"Just go home, Daehyun"

I speak the truth and this is what I get.

Sighing, I looked at those beautiful pair of eyes, "I just don't want you to get hurt"

 

--------

 

Months have passed about that incident. And still, she's with him. Why can't she see through everything? She's so blinded by his lies.

And still, I find myself always at her door. Why am I blinded by my love for her? 

Pushing the doorbell, I straighten my clothes and fixed my hair, this is something I could be vain about, don't judge! After a few seconds, she opened up the door and looks at me as I look back at her. Her eyes blinking every three seconds. She just stood there, not knowing if she should open the door completely or not.

I cleared my throat, "You said I'm always welcome"

"You were not sure if you are"

I gulped hard and bit my lower lip, "I'm sure now"

She went out of the way, "Then come in"

I made my way inside, taking in a sniff of her sweet scent as I do so. Then smiled at her back that is currently going to the kitchen, "I want orange juice"

"I know what you want!"

I chuckled at her response and sits on the sofa. Everything is the same. The scent of woman is here with a little bit of a man's. 

"Oh. If it isn't Daehyun-ah"

I looked at the source of the voice and immediately stood up with a smile on my face, "Good Morning Mr. Song" I bowed and sits back on the chair when he gestured me to.

"Oh please. You can call me uncle" He laughs and pats my shoulder, "You can call me Dad if you want. I've got no problem with that"

"Thanks" I laugh along and that's just about the time that Jieun came holding a tray with a pitcher and glasses on top in her hands.

She sits beside her Dad and looks at me, "Why are you here anyways?"

"Oh my, that's kind of rude Jieun" Mrs. Song came and gave me a smile. I bowed in response and poured her a glass of juice.

Jieun shrugs, "Well, he didn't visit for a good three months. He might have something to ask this time" She speaks as if I wasn't even there in front of her.

"Daehyun always come. Almost everyday" Mrs. Song put down the glass on the table, "It's just that you're always out with Youngjae, that's why you don't know"

"Oh. Is that so?"

"Let's quit with that" Mr. Song cuts in and turns to me, "You've got a girlfriend Daehyun?"

I chuckled at his question, "I wish"

"Why don't you?" Jieun's mom asked this time, "You should have one. A handsome guy like you can get anyone" Well, not your daughter.

"I have someone I like but she's not available"

Jieun clicked her tongue, "Hana?"

"She's my cousin"

"Oh. I'm sorry" 

"Come on Daehyun. You're a man!" Jieun's dad threw fists in the air, "Chase after girls! Date how many of them you like. Live your life"

"That's what you call living your life?" Mrs. Song snapped, then turned to us "You kids should know that when we were younger, this old man here have dated almost every pretty girl in town"

"What?" Mr. Song scrunched his face, "I didn't date them. I just kissed them" 

"Really, Dad?" Jieun slapped his arm. "Pretty girls are your teenage story?"

"See? Oh Good Lord. Please don't be like that old man Daehyun"

"Hey woman! I married you because I love you. Now, shut up"

"Well..." Mrs. Song stood up, "I'm just glad he never made fun of any of my choices. I'm happy with just that", and went out of the house.

Mr. Song looks at me and laughs, "How can I if I'm one of her greaaaaat choices?"

"I heard that!" Jieun's mom poked her head on the door, "And Daehyun, you can have Jieun" Yes please.

Mr. Song pats my shoulder and stood up. "Yes. I give you my blessing" Yes please.

"Mom! Dad!" Jieun hissed, "Just get out and go to where you are going!" 

Her dad chuckles and kissed the top of her head, "We'll be back little girl."

"Watch over our Jieun, Daehyun-ah"

"I will" I smiled and waves at them. 

"Please go" Jieun mumbled just as her mom went to their car. 

"And snowball" Mr. Song looks at Jieun just when he was about to exit their house, "You're the prettiest lady out there". 

And he's gone.

Jieun stood up and locks the door behind them, "I'm sorry about that" 

I smiled and poured myself a glass of juice, "You have the coolest parents, remember that"

"I know" Jieun sits in front of me, "They're going on a date so they won't be back after Ten later"

"Then I guess I'll be here until Ten p.m."

She smiles at me, "Why would you even go here these past three months?"

"I wanted to make sure you're okay"

Jieun chuckles and scoots closer to me, "I am okay"

I nodded my head and smiled back, "I can see that"

"Thanks for worrying"

I my lips and took a sip on my glass, "So you've been going out with Youngjae alot?

"He's my boyfriend" Jieun chuckles, "Is there something wrong with that?"

"No" I shaked my head, "No problem at all"

"He said he wanted to spend some time with me"

I snickered, "Sure he does"

She curled strands of hair on the back of her ear, "And I found that as an opportunity to get the 'what ifs' out of my system"

"So what was he like?"

She chuckled and smiled dreamily, "Passionate, loving, super understanding, and reaaaaaaally handsome"

I gritted my teeth and clicked my tongue, "That many great things?"

"Uh huh!"

"You love him that much?"

"So much"

Okay. That hurts. I can feel my heart breaking as it sobs continuously. Damn. That sounds so gay.

"Jieun..." I breath in heavily. Well, might as well confess. No regrets. I promise, no regrets. "There's this thing that I've always wanted to tell you"

Her eyes is still looking at space dreamily. "Shoot."

"I love you" I closed my eyes tight and bit my lower lip, "I really do"

"Oh" She moaned and laughed softly, "I love you too"

I suddenly opened my eyes from her response. But got quickly disappointed when I see her expression that seems like she's still in dreamland. Does she think I'm the boy right now? As much as I want to hear that words from her, I don't want her seeing me as her ty boyfriend. I really don't like that guy. Why the hell can't she let go of him? He's just using her! Damn!

I don't get it. What does he have that I don't have? I can't understand why I can't have her, I think I got a lot. What does he have that I can't give her? Why can't she be with someone who'll make her happy too? Why can't it be me?

I look down and added a few things, "Yeah. You're a great friend and all. I'm glad I found you"